PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.05.2010

Travelin' mood, yo!

TGIF! Wow I just got a flashback...does anyone remember TGIF on ABC where Friday nights they had Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World all on TV during the 1990's. Okay I officially feel old.

I've been thinking a lot about traveling lately. In previous posts like this one,I recall my fear of flying. Well, in order for me to go on all these mini trips, I gotta get over that damn fear! But I haven't flown everywhere..I have taken road trips. Here are some of my favorite places I've traveled to and taken pics of!

Las Vegas!

Hilton Head, South Carolina (Yes I took this!! with a normal digi cam!)

Disney World will always have my heart <3

Park City, Utah..amazing skiing..gorgeous place

All this travel talk really makes me want to go somewhere! But with all this recent airplane news (bombs on planes, tires blowing out, explosions inside the plane, engine blowing) I'm wicked scared! Does anyone else have a fear of flying as bad as I do?

My boyfriend and I love to be spontaneous. We'll do random drives somewhere just because, or just get up and go skiing for a day without notice. He would really love to do a weekend away somewhere that requires flying. Me, not so much. I'm 22 years old and still have a long life to live, but there are opportunities I don't take because of fear. I really hate that because I feel like I miss out on a lot because of silly fears like flying.

Phew, I just had to get that depressing-ness out of my mind! Yahoo needs to stop putting up their "cheap weekend getaways" or "world's best hotels" articles because they are making me want to just get up and GO!

I'm in a random picture posting mood..after searching through my photos, I amusingly came across this!
If you can't tell, this is Time's Square on NEW YEARS FREAKIN EVE, people! Yes I was there and yes I took this! I went 2 years ago with my boyfriend and his sister and her boyfriend. We knew what we were getting ourselves into. Arrived in NYC maybe 2 PM. We got an AMAZING spot right next to one of the stages and next to McDonalds (who had waiters coming out to serve food because once your stuck in the gates, you ain't movin!)

So we stood from 2 pm until about 12:30 am in the exact. same. spot! Couldn't go to the bathroom, couldn't get food (we brought our own snacks an such!) But it was amazing. Though from 2 pm-11 pm was torcher, it was worth it.I got to kiss my hunny in the most romantic situation in the most well-known new years eve location!..but I probably won't ever do it again. One of those things you cross off your bucket list!

xoxo have a wonderful weekend my loves!! =)


7 comments:

MLD said...

Reading your description, I truly felt like I had written it myself, with the exception of the bit about the boy toy. I also was just talking to a friend about how much I missed TGIF! Full House is definitely my all time favorite show and they certainly don't make TV like that anymore.

Café Moka said...

Wow, New Years Eve in New York, what a wonderful way to celebrate!!! I also dream of doing that one day!
I would also love to travel to Las Vegas and also go to Disney World! We are still young to do that ;)

New Girl on Post said...

What fabulous places! I'm a huge fan of Walt Disney World and can't wait to go back. I just need to convince the husband to go too.

Jill said...

Hi... I found your blog through Nautical by Nature. I've always wondered exactly what it would be like to spend New Year's Eve in Times Square. WOW, no bathroom, no food, no moving... That's intense but I'm sure it was worth it and cool that you actually got to experience that.

#unmatched said...

aaah makes me want a vacation! I found your blog through nautical by nature- loved the title so I had to find out more!

am a new england girl too but live in the south now:
www.ctcupcake.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

My fiance HATES flying all of a sudden so now when we fly places, he just drinks...a lot...before, during and after the flight lol. Hey-it works!

Anonymous said...

Not sure I could stand in the crowd on New Years... I would stay at the Marriott Times Square and watch the ball drop from my window... I know... lame, huh?! Who doesn't love Disney? xo

p.s. Williams Sonoma gift card giveaway if it interests you! xo