PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.08.2010

Having an affair is okay!?

Happy Monday everyone!

It's pretty crappy up here in New England today. Freezing rain, sleet, snow, and big puddles! Blech!I need to get me some cute rainboots from Juicy Couture like these:
Okay so I have something very important to mention! I was watching TV last night and saw this commercial for a company called Ashley Madison. In short terms, it's a website similar to match.com or eharmony.com EXCEPT FOR ONE MAJOR THING...Ashley Madison is a dating website for people looking to have an affair! And for single people looking to get together with married people!

I was just so stunned! How can a business promote infidelity and get away with it. Well I guess having an affair, having a secret lover and all that is a fantasy for some people, but still. We see plenty of cases where infidelity plays a role in breaking up a marriage (obviously) but who would make a website allowing this! 

Anyway, I did some poking around and signed up. I have no intention of cheating obviously! And I used a fake name. I just wanted to see what it's all about. Basically you can select your status..single and looking for married man, married female looking for married male, etc. And the search comes up full of people.

I'm not here to judge, and I understand people have affairs and cheat. But I guess I'm just curious as to how much business this website gets! It must be a lot since they advertise on the radio and in TV, and the website itself has a lot of ads and people interested! I'll stick to my boyfriend and my boyfriend alone---if I'm not happy, I'll just break it off! What do you guys think of a website like this!?

Funny t-shirt I took a photo of in Vegas pertaining to this marriage post!
xoxo

9 comments:

Christina Elaine said...

This is not ok.......Great post.....

xxx
ceo

Dreich said...

Seems rather pointless. Sounds like a swingers club rather than an affair match setting thingy. I doubt it'd make much money, maybe lots of single men will sign up hoping for some sort of desperate housewife but I can't see it happening.

Café Moka said...

Wow! I can't believe a website like this exists! It's not right at all!

Christina said...

I know people cheat, but my whole things is, why get married in the first place? Or why stay? I would much rather be told, "I want out, I want to sleep with other people" than find out later that I was cheated on. At least have enough respect for me to allow me the option to get out and not deal with whatever disease you're bringing home. Things like this make me angry. Life is short and should be enjoyed, but it's not always about instant gratification. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, regardless of what society wants us to believe. Besides, there are consequences to every action.

MLD said...

There are online dating sites for everything these days. I just heard of one called The Ugly Bug Ball, a British site for ugly singles. I thought that was pretty disheartening.

JMB said...

I am going to have to agree with Christina on that one! WHY waste your time? Cannot believe that company is promoting affairs....this is the world in which we live in today....craziness. I also have been wanting some cute rain boots!! :)

BelleinBows said...

That is insane! What kind of company would encourage someone to have an affair. Disgusting.

Unknown said...

HA! Really? I can't believe that, how utterly ridiculous. I agree with you 200%, don't have an affair, work through it or break it off. Oh for goodness sake, the world is becoming so stupid!

Fabulous blog you have here by the way! It's my first visit and I'm loving it!

xoxo

www.wonderingweddings.com

Unknown said...

Those boots are fabulous! Gotta love Juicy and so useful for wet weather too..
And the website.. RIDICULOUS!