It's Thursday!
I've been trying to add a playlist thing to my blog..I successfully made one, but when I try inserting it, it puts it in an actual blog post spot and not at the bottom of the page..professional bloggers---please help a girl out here!
Alright so I came across this article in the newspaper. CLICK HERE TO READ IT. Basically, Southwest Airlines is offering wicked cheap flight tickets with a few exceptions. So my boyfriend and I were talking about it and he was randomally like "let's go somewhere for a weekend! Vegas..Disney..anywhere!" Of course I was like, hell yeah! (this deal ends TONIGHT by the way!) So I'm browsing flights/hotels and was not even thinking about the main concern--my biggest fear in the world is flying! I was so overwhelmed and excited to be going somewhere fun for a long weekend and then I remembered that this involved flying. I am in no way, shape, or form a flyer. I've flown different places (utah, las vegas, florida, etc) and I get through it barely.
This is my flying process:
- Whenever I or my family books a vacation involving flying, even if it's months away, I start worrying about it that day and every day up until the flight.
- Every night before bed before the flight, I just pray and pray we will get there safely
- On the day of the flight, I talk to NO ONE..I can barely even think myself! (haha this is ridiculous I know)
- I've usually done early morning flights so we skip breakfast at home and get it at the airport..I maybe NIBBLE at a bagel or slowly sip juice..I just can't eat!
- Then, we head to our terminal and my eyes are everywhere! I notice everyone's movements, what they have with them, and even second guess a baby that's wearing a large sweatshirt! (I just get so nervous after 9/11 happened and I don't care what people say because everyone does!! haha)
- So we load the plane..I don't mind take-off or landing..just turbulence.
- So while on the plane, mostly I try to watch a movie on the back of the seat in front of me (if there are TV's)...so I pay 8$ for a movie and maybe watch 30 minutes of it because I'm too busy squeezing my dads arm or my boyfriend's leg at every movement and sound!
- Finally we land and I'm happy, but the entire week, or days we are on vacation, I'm thinking about the flight home!
![]() |
| Salt Lake City Airport last winter! |
Hahah I hope you guys don't think I'm a lunatic but it's just my biggest fear and I wish I could overcome it. There are so many places I want to travel to! But back to business...so we didn't purchase tickets..not because of me!! But because we really didn't think we could just decide a trip in like 2 days and save the money for it yada yada yada..but maybe you guys will see this deal and plan an impromptu trip with your loved one! Well yeah that was a rant but yeah..look into that amazing deal!
Ok so yes..today is thirsty thursday. One of the funnest restaurants to go to is this restaurant called Fire and Ice. Depending on where you guys live in the US, or the world, they aren't too common. There's a few over here in New England, and maybe a few out west. Anyway, they have a delicious array of cocktails..but the 2 standouts are the Fire bowl or the Ice bowl..scorpion bowls! So I went a couple weeks ago and we got the Ice bowl..
It looks small in the photo but its huge, and they give you about 10 straws (though if you're drinker, you can definitely drink it yourself) So I ventured to find a recipe, though because of the mass amounts of alcohol in it, you can pretty much make your own concoction!
- 2 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Rum, dark
- 2 oz. Rum, 151 proof
- 2 oz. Rum, white
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Grenadine
- 4 oz. Orange Juice
- 4 oz. Pineapple Juice
I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday and this is where I wish I was right about now! Can anyone guess where I took this photo!?
toodles! xoxo








1 comment:
Great name for your blog. I'm old, but still visualizing "fabulous".
Photo guess: Wilderness Lodge during the Holidays.
Post a Comment