PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.30.2010

Blast from the Past!

 Bonjour my bloggies! =)

For some reason, today I was in a mood where I wanted stuff from when I was younger. When elementary school and middle school kids get to be my age (22), they don't have much fun stuff to reminisce about! Unless you count things like Facebook, four loko, or bratz. 

But us...us 20 something year olds..we had SO MUCH awesome stuff back in the day that we grew up with that, looking back on it now, I miss so much! Here are some of the fun things I was looking at while getting side-tracked from making my Christmas list. 


I can't find Hoodsies ANYWHERE up here in the northeast! I loved these things..half vanilla, half chocolate, but they came with that little wood stick spoon thing that made it taste even better against the wood. Goddd I loved these and I wish they still sold them up here. My boyfriend, whose from Jersey, calls them "ice cream cups." Like seriously?! They're hoodsies..not ice cream cups!



Skip-it. Nuff said! I especially loved the new one they came out with a few months after this one, that had bubbles come out of it!


Okay girls (any guys maybe)...You must still have a few of these kickin' around! They might be worth something in a few years! I still remember my first beanie baby...it was a brown bear that I cannot remember the name of. I also still have my and my sisters huuge collection of them..probably over 200 of them haha. Even the Princess Diana one and the Millenium one that come in the clear plastic cases..so rad.


Move over Justin Beiber..N*Sync will rock your socks off any day. Who can forget these sexy boys? Well, most of them for sexy! (I always thought Chris was a little strange haha) I still know just about every word to all their songs. If you're bored ever, go to YouTube and watch some of their old music videos (Drive me Crazy, Pop)...hilarious!

I was OBSESSED with Lincoln Logs as a kid. I wasn't a tomboy or anything but I really just enjoyed putting these houses together, putting dollhouse furniture inside, and then letting dollhouse people live inside. Love love loved these! 

Looking through these kind of makes me sad and miss "the old days." Now I see kids/pre-teens playing around with cigarette lighters, blackberry's, i-pods...where's the youth! I'm happy I got the chance to grow up with these toys and fads that are such a classic now-a-days. Toy stores need to bring these back!

What are some other fun toys us 20 year olds had?

xoxo!

11 comments:

CPF said...

I'm from jersey and I call them ice cream cups too! haha weird how this stuff catches on. They were so good, I miss them too.

Unknown said...

Oh Beanie Babies, I still have a box of them at my parents. I remember my grandma was *convinced* that one day they'd be worth a ton of money hahaha.

Young and Fabulous said...

hahah i know! I even have a book of their "worths in the coming years" haha who knows :)

Marian said...

Oh my goodness...I totally loved hoodies!! I could totally go for one right now:)

Unknown said...

Wow -- what a fun post! =) I had a skip-it until the counter part BROKE off!! That was a sad day lol
I LOVED N*SYNC! I haven't made it into the beiber fad...I just can't do it lol

Anonymous said...

We had so many Beanie Babies. Too bad they never got to be worth what my book said they would! Nevertheless the provided many, many wonderful childhood memories.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Café Moka said...

I was also a fan of Skip-it! So fun!! Mine was blue!

kendall k. said...

New Kids on the Block!!! YESS :)

chelsea said...

oohhhh man! I still dream about my skip-it! Seriously-how simply amazing?!

Christina said...

I love these "throw back" toys :) I was totally rocking out to the 90's station this past weekend!