PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.29.2010

Long time, no blog!

I'm back! I assume a lot of people took a blog hiatus due to the holidays but here I am. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend, as did I!

Thanksgiving was filled with DELICIOUS food and lots of friends and family..all in all, very enjoyable =)


 On Friday, I partook in the crazyness of Black Friday. Got a cute sweater from Nordstrom, some christmas gifts for people, and a really cute whisk that I saw in a kitchen store for like 7$ I just had to have it!

After that, it was off to FOXWOODS CASINO for my sister's surprise 21st birthday! The night went amazing and we ended up succeeding in keeping the surprise from her. My parents told her they had won a free room at the MGM Grand and were taking her for her birthday. Little did she know, we'd been planning it for months that all her friends would come down and surprise her. We all went to the bar and got our table and waited for my parents and her to come into the restaurant and as soon as we saw them, my sister FREAKED! It was amazing that all of her friends could make it, and amazing that we pulled it off without a problem! We hit up some bars and club Shrine and of course the casinos. All in all, great night. She tallied up her drinks..6 shots and 12 mixed drinks/beers. Needless to say, she was drunk on her 21st but that's supposed to happen right!? I on the other hand, mrs. one drinker, was tipsy after my delicious pomegranate martini! =) 

After a day of recovering, my hunny and I set out to get our first Christmas tree together! We went to a tree farm and got it cut down for us which is supposed to make it last a lot longer. When we arrived to the tree farm, i saw the cutest thing known to man:
He was just sittin pretty in a sleigh like he owned the place...which he totally did! The guy working there said he was only 16 months old and had no problem sitting there soaking up all the attention! After we cut down our tree, we came back and found him sprawled out on the seat sleeping! He was adorable!

After my car smelling like a delicious tree the entire ride home, we put it up, hacked a few hanging branches, ordered take-out, strung the lights and hung the ornaments. Our outcome? Ohhh it was so beautiful! A cute little tree fitting perfectly in our apartment!


Now, it's back to the grind until Christmas. I need to start putting together some christmas gifts and more importantly, my Christmas list! 

xoxo

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That dog is super cute!!! Your tree looks great!!

Café Moka said...

I love your tree!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable golden retriever. My dog would have that hat off in a minute haha. Love the tree, super pretty!

Unknown said...

That dog is SO sweet! We wanted to go cut down our own tree BUT the ones they grow here in FL are kinda lame...SO we are just going to go pick one out of the masses. Yours looks great =)

Jessi said...

That dog is adorable! And your tree looks beautiful.

JMB said...

Very pretty tree!! That dog is precious too!!
Sounds like you had a pretty successful Black Friday!! :)

CPF said...

Aww!That dog is too precious!

Marian said...

What a great way to celebrate 21. It sounds amazing. And that dog at the Christmas Tree Farm is so handsome!! I love it!!

Sophia Caris said...

Love the drool hanging from your dogs mouth. Priceless! lol