PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.15.2010

My mother and father are on Facebook

Yes my parents are on Facebook and yes they have been for about 2 years. But I found that I had to address this and just tell you guys some funny stories.

According to all my friends and everyone else, I have the "cool parents." Sure, they might be cool to you, but to me and my sister, they're our parents! While I had fun taking shots of patron with them on my sister's recent 21st birthday, seeing my mom dance on the table, and watching my dad play Roulette with my sister and her 21 year old friends, still...they're my PARENTS!" 

Don't get me wrong..I love them to death! But sometimes, they need to just relaaaax! But I am lucky enough to have such fortunate, sweet, caring parents. And I always feel bad for my poor dad stuck with 3 girls each with different personalities, temperaments, and spending habits!

But back to Facebook. I think I was a junior in college when my mom called me up and asked if I could help her set up Facebook. I hung up on her and screamed bloody murder. Okay just kidding I didn't do that..but I wanted to! I didn't want her seeing me write "i love you bunny boo" to my boyfriend or "omg you were WASTED last night" to my friend. So I obliged, and gave her the low-down on setting it up, thinking she'd hate it after a month. But oh no..almost 3 years later, there she is..still on Facebook.


It'd be okay if she rarely went on, or if she sometimes commented on my status..but she is a top notch, creep with a capital C..CREEP! She "likes" everything that me, my sister, and our friends write. And of course all my friends friend her because they love her. My sister loves country music..so sometimes she'll put a quote on her status that may sound sad/depressing, but it's just a quote she likes! We all do it! So my mom will comment and be like "what's wrong..why are you upset?" Then she'll call me and be like "Why is that her status?" And so on and so on..

She likes my status's about my job. She comments on photos I upload. She write things in her status like 'fa la la la la..decorating!." She writes on my dad's wall. She Facebook chats me everytime she sees me on. And she even likes the same fan pages that my sister and I like..haha UGH!

My sister and I sometimes get so fed up that we joke and say "Mom, I'm going to limit my profile so you can't see anything." orrr "I'm blocking you on Facebook tonight." Then my mom will get pissed and say "Oh yeah? I'm shutting off your cell phones!" And my sister and I just die laughing over the stupidity!

I don't have much to say about my dad. He has a Facebook, and maybe goes on once a month. But allll over his wall are comments from my mom.. "Where are you?" "Why don't you update your status?" or the one that kills me..."Want to go out to dinner tonight?" Like really, mom, you can't go into his office and ask him..you have to do it over facebook? And of course, my friends get a kick out of that and "like" the comment.

So my family..All of us on Facebook together. So cute huh!
Me and the fam after I graduated. That morning, my mom had a sad Facebook status about me growing up, my dad's status was something like "proud of my first born" and my sister's was something like "sitting through a boring graduation." Gotta love it! And yes my sister is the only blonde! Nope..not adopted..just a weirdo!

Are your parents on Facebook? Haha I bet they are!

xoxo Have a great Wednesday!






















8 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Thanks for finding me! I love this post... my dad has a facebook and my mom refuses to get one (even though she constantly signs on to my dads!!). It always makes me laugh that he has one but all he does is play farmville! :)

Laura said...

haha! this reminds me of my family, both my parenst are on facebook, they recently joined to keep tabs on my sister (who is in the peace corp. in guatamala) and my mom caused a huge argument on my cousin's page. She made a snarky comment about her baby-daddy/ex-husband and it caused a facebook war. She thought everything she did was private. nope. welcome to facebook, mom. haha!

Unknown said...

My parents are on FB -- When I read your titled my first thought was "why are people tripping about their parents on FB?!" THEN I read the entire post....I would be the same way haha! My Husband's mom 'likes'/comments on EVERYTHING my BIL's gf posts but she never really does/says anything to me so it doesn't bother me. If my mom were blowing me up like that, we'd have to have a heart to heart haha!
Funny post =)

Megan said...

Both of my parents are on facebook, too!! Luckily, they don't creep me that much. Still, every now and then my mom will ask about something and I'll say, "How did you know?" The answer: facebook! Hahahaha.

Café Moka said...

My father is on FB! My mother, not yet and I don't think she will be soon!
My dad sometimes comments my status, funny comments, like inside jokes! But he only goes on FB maybe 2-3 times/month!

Unknown said...

Haha, My mom is, but she always denies it. She says she doesn't even know what it is, even though she friended me and she will call if she doesn't think my status is "appropriate". Parents are silly, love them, but they are ridiculous! ;)

Stephanie said...

OMG my mom LIVES on facebook and it is SO annoying. I haven't had facebook since my sophomore year of college and then there's my mother who has it on her blackberry.

I have to admit...she's pretty snazzy at it though.

Bre said...

OMG, my parents are on FB and they are divorced and remarried so I have 4 peole stalking me. LOL! My brother refuses to add my mom as a friend. It makes her so mad. I feel your pain, but at least my parents aren't on there too often. When they are they play the stupid bejeweled, mafia wars, and farmville games. Ugh!