I. am. exhausted.
It must be because I had Friday-Monday off from work..so now, back to the grind, and I'm effin tired!I feel like I need to be wound back up.
Have you ever had a class in high school or college where the teacher just drones on and on..AND ON? I think everyone has..even you home-schoolers..you're mom/dad/teacher must have blabbed away.
Okay, but have you ever had a freakin' ROBOT talking and teaching you? I was browsing the internet and found this really weird story that takes place in South Korea. The photo speaks for itself:
I'm seeing a bobble-head toy mixed with one of those strange egg toys I've had in the past. Like really..since when does a robot replace a human in the classroom! This is just plain creepy. And to make it worse, this thing moves it's arms around and dances! It's called EngKey and it teaches English in elementary schools in South Korea. It speaks to students as it moves around the classroom, reads books to them, and sigh..dances and sings to music. What will they think of next. What do you think? Would you like being taught by a machine, or by a human!? Crazy-ness!
Okay. Just had to share that tid-bit of weird info for the day. Now onto bigger things. Bigger like my ass..bigger like my stomach..bigger like my ENTIRE BODY! Okay, so I'm exaggerating, and I know I said I wouldn't worry about eating over the holidays, but I feel like I gained 20 pounds this weekend.
I haven't been to the gym since Thursday and need to get my lil butt there pronto. I read someone's blog about the couch to 5k challenge. I'm definately not "couch" because I work out 4-5 times a week..but I am definately not "5k." I can't run if my life depended on it. I jog, get winded, try jogging again, get more tired, jog again, look like an idiot..etc etc. Does the couch to 5k really work? Will I be able to run? Running seems like such a stress reliever. I want to be able to run for more than 2 minutes without stopping. Help me out here, people!
I need to be doing more of this:
![]() | ||
| (Hiking Mt Washington!) |
And less of this:
![]() |
| (yes it's salad haha but I meant it as PIGGING OUT!) |
I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend (if snow caused you to have a work-snow-day!) And just think..this is a short week! I have Friday off in regards to New Years Eve. Anyone else!?
xoxo!









7 comments:
Those types of training programs really do work. You just have to decide with your mind that you're going to push yourself. It's not easy at first, but after a while, it gets so much easier. Two years ago, I had a very hard time running 5k's...then I decided to just push myself and now that my body is conditioned, it's much easier! Good luck!!! If you can get into it, it's so worth it!
I have always run but I also played soccer in a position that required lots of running. So it's kind of natural for me. My sis and Mom got into the Couch to 5K and it worked for them and they are NOT runners =) it's a mental game, when you are tired or feel ridiculous you have to decide to push through it! Good luck =)
Okay that robot is just freaky...LOL and you are doing much better than me! One of my New Year's resolutions is to just go to the gym period. Good for you for going 4 to 5 times a week!
I love that your pigging out is an empty plate and a small bowl of salad! Hahahaha.
isnt EVERY class in high school just someone droning on and on?
whats the difference? :)
I for one could not sit and listen to a robot , especially being as little as those kids are in the picture! I also need to be running!!! I was going to go this evening but Mike needs to run to the mall (darn) I guess shopping counts as cardio right? Riiiiiight.
New Follower! Love your blog and your voice behind every post I've read so far! Have a great long weekend coming up! :)
Post a Comment