PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.13.2010

Monday Shmonday

Let's see. It's Monday, and I'm about 600$ short in my bank account..that's what Christmas Shopping did to me over the weekend...yikes!

And the worst..I'm not even 100% done..only about 80%!

During college, I was really only working about 20 hours a week. That's what our school allowed it's workers to work just so that we didn't fall behind in classes. So I was making maybe 6.50$ an hour as a tourguide for my school--which by the way, funnest job ever! So Christmas/Birthdays/Anniversaries, I didn't have much of an amazing income to get people amazing gifts, while still spoiling myself with amazing gifts. 

But let me tell you..now that I have a big girl job with a big girl salary, I splurged. I went above and beyond buying people gifts! Something about buying someone a gift and watching them open it just makes me so happy! I love buying people things they want! So needless to say, I went nuts. My sister and I got my parents something amazing for Christmas that I wont share yet, but they're going to love it. I just had so much fun swiping my debit card here, pulling out cash there, waving my credit card towards there..I was a shopping machine. But hey, best part is, seeing happy people on Christmas =)


I also bought a play dough ice cream maker! Okay, not for me...Toys for Tots. My work is collecting toys to give to toys for tots so my boyfriend and I went out to buy some toys I could bring in. Literally, I wanted to keep the toy I bought for myself, and buy another one for toys for tots! hah! I know, that sounds horrible of me. But its an ice cream maker thing but instead of using ice cream, you use play dough! Ugh so much fun!

During Christmas, I always get so sappy and think about people who aren't as lucky as I am to be fortunate enough to have a great family and a chuck-filled tree with gifts on Christmas morning. Every morning on the radio I hear things about needy families, toys for tots, soup kitchens, holiday gift giving for poor kids, etc. And each time, I want to go out and donate. The holidays make me want to be charitable, but I know I can only help out so much. It's just really sad for me to think about and wish that I could just ransack Toys R Us and Pottery Barn Kids and buy out the entire store! Blahh..but I'm doing my part little by little and donating to Toys for Tots more than once.
So it's a frigid FIFTY DEGREES here on December 13 in Boston. I like nice weather and all, but come on..it's December. Where the hell is the snow. But tomorrow is supposed to be 13 degrees so I guess going from 50 to 13 is no big deal. 

xoxo!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, it's colder here in Florida today!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend of shopping!! Christmas is coming up quickly!

Unknown said...

I LOVE giving gifts at Christmas! It's definitely one of my favorite things =)

Jill said...

It is nice to be working full time and be able to buy people nicer gifts. I remember in college I never had much money to spend. Now I still don't have a huge salary, but I splurge on my close family and friends. I know what you mean about wanting to give more at the holiday season. i can't walk past the salvation army buckets without giving them all my change!

Beth Dunn said...

That is what it is all about! I'm sure your parents will love their present
xoxo
SC

CPF said...

I feel the same way!! Everytime I see one of those salvation army santa's I give $5. Its sad to think about people that have no reason to be excited about Christmas, we're all so fortunate.

Marian said...

I went nuts this weekend as well and I probably only got 50% done. Ya know, I like to wait till the last minute and THEN tackle the mall with all the crazies. Sigh

Angie said...

I'm a new follower. Love your blog!