PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.07.2010

Football and a delicious mess of a recipe

Last night I had the opportunity to go to THE BEST GAME EVER...New England Patriots vs the New York Jets. Monday night football..rival teams..Hell Yes. It was such an amazing game and my Pats played hard and won hard. Smoke-show! And my seats were absolutely amazing!

 22 rows from the field. I could practically see Tom Brady's Uggs on the bench! My amazing aunt scored us these tix. Let me just say though...New England weather..brrr freakin brrrr. It was 19 degrees last night! and flurrying! We had to park about a mile from Gilette Stadium due to the mass crowds of people, and got to the game at about 7:30 for an 8:30 game. So my boyfriend and I are walking around the stadium with my aunt and her friend. I have on under armor, 2 fleece zip-ups AND a northface..with my uggs, with a hat, a scarf, and gloves. I was STILL freezing my buns off! So we get to a booth that's selling these amazing, fuzzy 50$ Pats blankets and my boyfriend, the sweetie that he is, bought me one so I could be bundled for the game! Love him. So with my fleecey fleece and handwarmers, I was set to watch the pats absolutely destroy the Jets and I loved every minute of it. 45-3 woop woop!

With a Monday Night Football game comes late hours..and we got home laaaate! I am not a morning girl..so needless to say, I was pretty damn tired! But it was so worth it and I'd do it again tonight! Oh..and Donald Trump was there as well as Tedy Bruschi! Donald Trump's hair KILLED me!! so funny..it was so windy, his weird hair was flapping in the wind haha

Have any of you guys been to a freezing cold game!? 

Okay so I wanted to share a delicious mess with you all. One of my roommates in college told me how to make this and I hate her for it because its SOO good hat I want to make it every single day. I don't really have a name for it so I'll call it a Delicious Mess because that's what my roommate referred to it as! :)

Delicious Mess
Saltine Crackers
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter
sweet or semi sweet chocolate chips (you decide!)
m&ms (or another small bite size candy you like..or even nuts..or BOTH!)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and then line up 
your saltine crackers in a tight row like this.
Then you're going to put the stick of butter and cup of sugar 
into a pot and boil it until they are both mixed together evenly. Just stir a little as it's boiling!

After it's boiled, spread the mixture evenly over the saltine 
crackers so they're covered. Put this into the oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until it starts to look golden brown. It will also start to look bubbly!

After you take it out of the oven, IMMEDIATLY start spreading chocolate chips over the top..you'll see them start to melt. This is good! Let them sit for a few minutes and they'll start getting even softer. Then once soft, spread it all over the saltines so that they are covered with the butter/sugar mix and the chocolate. 
Finally, sprinkle the m&ms on top or whatever else you want to add to it!

Then comes the hard part. WAITING. These need to be put into the freezer for about 2 hours until you feel them and they are cold/hardened to look like a brittle. It'll look like this.
Then you want to just break it into pieces to serve and VOILA! So easy and soo delicious

 

How yummy does that look/sound! ENJOY!

toodles xoxo

6 comments:

Café Moka said...

This recipe looks yummmmmmy!!!
Right now, I could not bake that, I'm alone and I would eat all of it and that's bad haha!!!
I will wait to be home to bake it for the family!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

yum! i've made these with toffee bits on top too and they're amazing. love 'em!

Marian said...

1.) The delicious mess...someone once made it for a Dace Matthews tailgate and we were all swooning over it. BEST. THING. EVER. But I think they call it something else...like something that involves the word heaven.

2.) I wanted to go to last night's game soooo bad!! I had so much work and had to watch from the comfort of my house while my father sent picture messages to me (his company has season tickets). And I couldn't believe it was Tedy Bruschi night! He's my favorite player. But at least it was a whooping.

And I went to the Baltimore/New England game a few years ago when it was played in Baltimore and New England had that undefeated season, where they came back right at the end to win. It was disgustingly cold that night. I honest to God was wearing snow pants. I didn't care....haha

Unknown said...

I was disappointed in the game last night -- I thought it was going to be a closer game. I turned it off when it became an obvious blowout.
That recipe sounds yummy!

Kerr said...

I make this every year around xmas. I normally put nuts on top instead of candy but I will be trying m&ms next time!

Bre said...

So, I have lived in California my entire life and was never really much of a football fan. Somewhere in the middle of the last Super Bowl that the Patriots won, I laid eyes on Tom Brady and never turned back. I have been a Pats fan ever since. I have to be a Niners fan since I was raised that way, but if the two are playing each other, I am rooting for the Pats all the way. I can't believe you got to go to a home game!! They played two games out here a couple of years ago and I went to both. There were more Pats fans at both games. Our seats were not too bad at the Pats/Niners game, but were pretty sucky at the Pats/Raiders game and it rained the whole time at that one. Boo. You.Are.So.Lucky.