PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.27.2010

Christmas+Blizzard = freakin' awesome!

Phew! I haven't blogged in 4 days! I missed all of you :)

Right now, the east coast is being bombarded by the Blizzard of 2010 and I could not be happier! I love snow, I love blizzards. One thing makes me mad though. I took work off today as a personal day, and my office is CLOSED! I could have saved that day for another time! I'll have to see if I can take it a different day.

Anywho. SANTA CAME! And Santa was amazing to me this year. I got so many clothes, and things for my boyfriend/I's apartment, a KINDLE! and...drum roll please..an amazing Canon Digital SLR camera. Holy Cow. This camera..makes my nice digital camera, looks like crap with a capital C. These pictures are gorgeous. I am in utter love. I read a lot of blogs on here where I see people using SLR's and I was so jealous! Now, I have my own!

I have absolutely NO idea how to use it! My parents bought it for me and also got me an amazing book to go with it. I sure have a lot of reading to do hehe. For the past 2 days, I've been playing around with it, trying different things, and annoying the crap out of people by snapping pics every 5 seconds. Check it.



This last pic was taken by my mom. No lights in the room and no flash..so it isnt good at all haha buuut I just thought it was cool because my other camera couldnt ever take a nice pic like this!

Okay Okay people...don't laugh..haha this is me just fooling around. I haven't touched ANYTHING (meaning no settings/cool feature stuff)..but they already look a million times better than a digi cam and I cannot wait to learn more. Does anyone have any tips!? I need them! I was thinking of taking a photography class too.

I had an amazing Christmas with all my family and friends and I am so greatful! Now, I must go enjoy the blizzard taking place outside my house right now. muah muah!

xoxo

12 comments:

Christina said...

The pictures are awesome! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Café Moka said...

The blizzard is now hitting Québec!
I love snow too!

You had a great gift! I wish I have a good camera!

The Brunette Suburbanite said...

Lucky you with a nice new camera! The picture of the Christmas tree and fireplace is really pretty. It looks like a Christmas card.

I live in PA and we got a ton of snow too. Love it!

PS- I'm a new follower.

MLD said...

I took today off too! Not sure if my office was closed or not though... guess ill find out tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I want one of these sooooo badly! :)

Megan said...

The pictures look amazing!! I love the first one!! Everyone got a new camera this year...I feel left out!! : ( Haha. So glad to see you back on here!!

Petchie said...

So awesome that you got a new camera! I got a new Nikon camera this Christmas and I am already in love! It really takes great pictures I cant wait to start using it.

xoxo
Petchie

Ashley said...

So fun to get a new camera! I need a new one! Love that you had a great Christmas! I am also a new follower of yours so I can't wait to read more!!

Stephanie said...

SOOOOO jealous of the new camera!!!! AAAND the snow!!! I am dying for a Canon Rebel-lucky girl! :)

CPF said...

those pictures are awesome! Merry Christmas xoxo

#unmatched said...

Hi am a new follower, sounds like a great christmas. I got a new camera too, just a digi cam, but havent figured out all the features yet either

Unknown said...

Sounds like an excellent Christmas! Enjoy learning your new camera.