PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.18.2011

I had a college weekend

I went back to my old stomping grounds this weekend and it was nostalgic! I went to college up in New Hampshire..pretty much in the middle of nowhere! But I wouldn't change it one bit.

 That's a lolipop stick, not a ciggy..but I was keeping entertained on our ride!

My sister is a senior at a different college in New Hampshire...about 20 minutes from my old school. So Kurt and I killed two birds with one stone and headed to visit our college for a bit and then visited her and her friends for the night. We got there and it just happened to be their spring weekend..aka drunk fest. They were playing that "ICED" game. Where you hide Smirnoff Ice's all over the house and if someone grabs one or looks at one unknowingly, they have to get down on one knee and chug it.

Note to all cops and/or stalkers..everyone was 21..so take a chill pill!


My sister asked me to get her a drink from the 30 rack of beer so I went to go grab one of the cans and felt a bottle. So I was like oh there must be a mix of cans and bottles in this box. Nope, it was a Smirnoff Ice. I got ICED. But of course I am a whimpy baby and didn't do it..I can't help it, I can't chug!

One of my old roommates met us up there and we basically just cried (okay not really) but we really missed college! So we went to all the old bars, clubs, everything and I might have had a wee bit too much to drink. We got back to my sister and her roommates apartment at about 2:45 AM and passed out..but I was up at 3:30 feeling uber crappy. I woke Kurt up and made him come into the kitchen where I proceeded to eat Saltine crackers and drink water.

Kurt decided he had to take a picture of my misery
I felt a little better in the morning but just had to laugh at myself because I totally wasn't "college" anymore. Granted, I was always a lightweight, but this beat me up! Drinking all day, and then all night...sheesh! Kurt and I headed back home in the afternoon and really needed some greasy food for lunch. Enter, greasy food from the beach.


Then I dragged Kurt to TJ Maxx and we went into HomeGoods and I decided I needed to buy a mixing bowl.


Then we got home and saw a squirrel eating an onion ring. So gourmet


That's my lil weekend in a nutshell! All in all, it was good to be back in college even though I have graduated and have a full time job..so I'm stuck in the past okay!?! My sister is graduating in 3 weeks so if I ever go back up to visit my college for the night, I'm officially creepy and old so call the cops on me.

How was your weekend!?
Photobucket

14 comments:

Rissy said...

hahaha you were tweeting while you were eating those saltines! I wish I had known you were drunk because I absolutely would have messed with you! (not in a mean way)

I didn't know you could "ice" someone in a whole big production of a game. I want to play!!!!! oh but I don't want to be hungover.

Kurt looks handsome with a mixing bowl hat haha

CarissaExplainsItAll

Unknown said...

wow -- never heard of ICED but I also didn't go to parties in college lol. I would definitely play it now haha -- it probably wouldn't go that well though! I'm definitely a lightweight and can't believe how much I managed to drink this weekend!!!

I wish I would have cared about my college more -- its right down the street and I haven't been back in three years since graduating...

Mandy said...

Looks fun! I have avoided being iced so far...I hope to keep it that way!

ty said...

I love going back to my stomping grounds in Oklahoma. It just hurts worse to play now than I remember ...

Cori said...

Haha....the random squirrel eating an onion ring picture cracked me up! It was so random. I'm still laughing.

I get sad that I'm not still in college, mainly for the naps. But, I agree, partying just isn't the same. It makes me sick and the whole next day I feel awful!

Cori at ILoveLucyJean

So shay said...

LOL! I love the squirrel and the bowl on the head. I miss college :( It feels weird to go back sometimes, but on occassion, I take my fat butt back and dance and drink like the old times. I am sick after one drink though. I totally relate.

Michelle said...

I miss college! So much fun! Partying isn't the same anymore! Love the squirrel with the onion ring, he wanted some greasy food too! I love Kurt's new hat! HAHA I had fun tweeting with you this weekend ;)

Happy Monday!
XOXO

westcoastsoul said...

lol is either of those schools you mentioned PSU?

Lindsey said...

I never played this ice game, but I've been hearing about it for years. Smirnoff Ice was drink of choice in HS ... I don't know how I ever drank it. It is so sweet!

Café Moka said...

I also miss my undergraduate years! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad when I think about not being in college anymore too! :( We can pretend though! hahahahhaha

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

I feel like every story should end with "and then we saw a squirrel eating an onion ring!"

bahahahahaha! If you google getting iced my friend from college's youtube video is one of the first to pop up! too funny!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Ashley said...

bahahaa THIS is why you were up eating saltines?! i love it. i was a total lightweight too - we're talking half a glass of wine - no bueno.

i'm in love with that squirrel chowing down on the onion ring. so cute!

Megan said...

Hahaha. This post cracks me up because it is so random. Love the ending with the squirrel eating an onion ring. So super important to include!! : )