| via |
| via |
After the cops were called, the guy left the mall, completely oblivious as to what was going on, and went to work. They were watching the news at his work, and news anchors were talking about the gunman and how he was still in the mall. They showed a surveillance camera of the gunman, and the guy was like HOLY SHIT, that's me! So he called the cops and told them about the mixup. Turns out, the umbrella was some type of Samurai Sword looking umbrella that also looked like a rifle.Yikes! I'd be scared out of my mind, but at the same time, I feel bad for the poor guy...but you can never be too careful right?
Have you guys ever been in a situation like this or witnessed anything similar?
Oh, and to "lighten things up," (pun?!) today is 4/20 aka Pot Day. Am I the only person whose never smoked a doobie in their life? I am proud of myself. Oh and this is probably one of my favorite episodes of Sex and the City. I don't know why this scene has Spanish subtitles though?





20 comments:
That is crazy!!!
I remember the first time I heard about 4/20... I didn't get it!! I still dont understand why people need a WHOLE day to smoke something illegal!! CRAZY!!
I've never smoked anything either =) yay for being in the 'clean' club...?? haha =)
You really can never be to careful these days! I would have probable freaked out too if I saw them, but I watch way too many episodes of Dateline and 20/20 for my own good.
Haha, I can't say the same as far as the doobies go ... but that is loooong in the past :)
i'm with linds...better safe than sorry. that is a weird looking umbrella.
and you ARE the only one who has never smoked a doobie. i kid, i kid. the last time i did was like 8 years ago so if i were to do it again it would be like a the first time all over again.
Haha, I guess it's good people are more careful about suspicious activity, but sad at the same time that, that is our first thought when you seen something sticking out of a backpack...
And I'm with you, no doobies here either :)
What a weird thing to be carrying around, right? What happened to foldable umbrellas?
Ditto! Doobie free! lol :)
I've never smoked anything in my life, at all! Smoke in my mouth just freaks me out in general. It's such a foreign concept to me. Blegh:-)
The office building where my mom works had kind of a similar type incident happen. Apparently, someone brought in a rifle to their insurance office, (to get insured I guess?), on one of the floors, and someone saw them and called the police. A huge SWAT team came and took over the whole place!
Proud Clean Club Member
wow, that's nuts. People can get pretty hyped up about small things, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry! And no you're not the only one who plans blogs out in advance, I definitely have 3 scheduled blogs waiting to go right now! :) It's just that I have so much to say, I just don't want to over post and say it all in one day! haha :) Cute blog!
first let me say, I love you so much for saying you smoked a doobie.
I knew where the title was from the second I read it because I recently became obsessed with SATC all over again.
I didn't know it was 4-20 until I hopped on facebook 5 minutes ago... but I now realize a girl shopping in VS today was really stoned.
Oh and we didnt have to call the SWAT team, but the fire alarm in the whole mall went off for awhile today.
CarissaExplainsItAll
I knew the title too, before I even clicked. I LOVE SATC. That is one of my favorite episodes too. "I can't. I'm sorry." lol...that last scene is contagiously funny. And, I have never smoked a doobie either! You aren't the only one.
Cori at ILoveLucyJean
This is hilarious! Congrats on the guy for calling in and explaining.... I would have been mortified!!
Have a great day, xo
I've never smoked anything! Woohoo for clean mouths!
That's so crazy about that guy. Poor thing. I bet he was scared to death. Haha. Well, it's not funny, but you know what I mean.
haha that's an intense mall situation!!
i've never smoked anything either! yay for no being high!! lol
HAHA! That would be the weirdest thing to be watching the news, hearing about a psycho gun man, then seeing it's YOU they are talking about! Haha poor guy!
And I've never smoked either :)
I'm with you chicky! Never smoked and really don't want to. Give me wine and call me a booze-bag any day of the week instead!
Love the new layout!
OMG! They had our mall in VA in lock-down a few weeks ago for the same thing!!! An umbrella! How crazy....I understand taking precautions, but geez....it was complete chaos for 6 hours!
Chad has never smoked in his life, and nobody ever believes him!! But, he is very proud of it, too :) I personally don't think it should be illegal because I am much crazier when drunk, but that's a topic for a different day :)
xoxo
Jess
Haha...my friend has that samurai umbrella too! He thinks it's the coolest thing ever!
The first time I learned about 4/20 I was a junior in college (seems pretty sheltered huh?!), it was my friend's birthday, and she wanted to try pot. I still don't understand the relationship between the date and why it's "Pot Day" though.
Post a Comment