PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.15.2011

My trip to the dentist

Yesterday I went to zee dentist. It was the first time I had been in like, a year.


 So being the insane hypochondriac that I am, I expected Dr. Dentist to tell me I had a mouth full of cavities, or that I needed 10 root canals, and then he'd have to call in his assistant to look at my mouth because it's something they've never seen before. 

But of course my mind got the best of me and I came out cavity free! And then I went home and skipped around and danced on beautiful rainbows. Yeah...WRONG. I went home and basically had a meltdown because Dr. Dentist told me 4 little things were breaking through my gums--WISDOM TEETH! 


"Excuuuuse me dentist man..but I think I can keep these 
babies where they are..they are called wisdom teeth...
I'd like to keep my wisdom." 

But oh he did not agree. 

"They might come in crooked and cause your teeth to shift which can 
cause you great pain in the future and possible tooth loss. 
Let's reassess in 6 months or if you feel pain before then, come right in." 

AH! Needless to say, this chick is worried. I don't want anesthesia. I don't want people drilling in my mouth! It's bad enough having the electronic tooth brush, the water thing, and the water-sucker-upper thing ALL in my mouth at the same time during a simple cleaning!! What's going to be in my mouth as they dig into my gums and yank out my teeth? Yeeesh!


Happy Tuesday!
xoxox

14 comments:

Bre said...

Don't worry, they put you under for wisdom teeth. I never had any top ones appear in my xrays, but my bottom ones came in sideways and majorly crowded my bottom teeth. Eventually I got braces for the second time, and trust me, it's way worse having them as an adult. Especially when you are used to being cute. LOL!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

My husband is a hypocondriacht (sp?) too. He put off getting his wisdom teeth pulled for 5 years. I finally forced him when I looked in his mouth and saw them rotting out. I let him get out of it and out of it, and slowly the price to get it all done went up and up and up.
Well, he doesn't even remember it. LOL! He remembers the dentist asking him if he was nervous, saying yes, then the nurse telling him I was waiting around back in the car for him. He hardly remembers the lucid ride home. Yes he was in pain the next few days. He had his teeth pulled two days before Thanksgiving, so I had to cut all his food into teeny tiny little bites. But he's glad now that it's done because he doesn't feel so much pressure in his jaw anymore.

Rissy said...

hahaha "the water sucker upper thing" weird, that's what I call it too!

I seriously wanted to keep mine too... but I really enjoyed my anesthesia and said some crazy things... go figure, I said crazy things!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Anonymous said...

lol, you'll be alright love!! By the above comments it sounds like it's not that bad... besides it'll give you some time for the boy to dote on you ;)

Jill said...

I haven't been to the dentist in about 2 years! I don't have insurance :/
I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago for the same reasons your dentist said you should. I was scared and didn't want to either, but I also didn't want my teeth to get all crooked again and for 2 years of braces to be a waste.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh no :-( im sorry you have to have them yanked...ive been lucky and havent (YET). good luck :(

on a better note...hope you're having a GREAT week!

Nicole said...

So glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Thank you for your sweet comment, and I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, but how sweet it is that she lived a life full of love. Exactly what I want. Oh, and this post is so totally me. I went to the dentist on Monday and I haven't been in YEARS! I have to have 2 cavities filled in a few weeks and the Doc gave me a scrip for some good meds to calm me down before I come in! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I got my wisdom teeth out last summer and I promise you it's not as bad as it seems. Honestly, it was only sore for like the first day or two. And it's an awesome excuse to lay around in a pain pill coma shovelling pudding and mashed potatoes into your face. I was hardly even swollen either!
xo,
Jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

I would have cried, too. It can't be that bad since it seems like everyone gets their wisdom teeth removed without a problem, but it is the whole idea ... Yuck.
Good luck!!!

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ashley said...

Don't worry! I had mine out when I was in college and as long as you get a good doctor, and put lots of ice on for a good three hours, you'll be fine! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Don't let yourself freak out too much... it's become a very standard procedure and I promise you will be just fine!! :) But I know it's hard to help... the scariest thing is the unknown!!

Anonymous said...

I have two wisdom teeth that need to be pulled. Argh. I'm dreading it!!!

Alisha said...

Dont stress out, be happy - you came out cavity free!! Plus you can't even feel it. My dentist gave me a prescription that knocked me out before I was even in the chair ;) Thank goodness my dad drove me!

Megan said...

Yay for being cavity free! Hopefully you won't need your wisdom teeth out, but if you do, I promise mine was SO easy! I was eating normally in a day or two with NO pain.