I baked a cake last night. I made something super cool that required me to let the cake fully cool before doing anyyything with it. I wanted to ensure my cake was cool, and figured Google, my main bitch, would know! Google auto-finish is insane...what's the weirdest thing that's popped up for you?
But look what I made last night for my girlfrands!
![]() |
| via bakerella..mine did NOT come out this good! |
It was the first time I made them and they came out SO AMAZING..first try! yeah right...I won't lie to ya'll. I had to pretty much do it twice. The recipe calls for baking a cake and mixing it with frosting..then you have to roll it into little balls. Well, the first try, I used too much frosting and it looked like corn muffin mix. Exhibit A.
It was too mooshy to make into little balls..so it was back to the store I went. The yellow cake mix was cursed, I think. So I decided on chocolate. I measured out the frosting like a good little Betty Crocker and VOILA...Exhibit B
Then we had to make them into little cupcakes and dip them in chocolate. Kurt is a chocolate ADDICT. Exhibit C. (yes he ate the leftover melted chocolate)
And I packeged them up all pretty with little bows and they came out amazing! I even made extras of course to try at home and distribute to my lovely family and impress them with my baking skills that were once never there.
There are so many cool things on Bakerella...some that scare the shit out of me because I don't know who could have the time, patience, or temper to make little intricate bunny rabbit cake pops with eyelashes. Not this girl..but one day, I will try.
Tonight I'm seeing my college roommates we are going to dinner in Boston and I am freakin PSYCHED! I miss them! :)
Love you all..Happy Humpday!






25 comments:
You did great! Those little cupcakes are cute!
Look at you, little Miss Betty Crocker! I'll take two, please.
Have fun tonight with the old roommates. :)
I don't have an extensive enough vocabulary to tell you how much I want a cake pop! Seriously they are all over bloggy world.
I would have taken that "ruined" dough off your hands... and eaten it straight out of the bowl. No wonder I never lose weight hahaha
I wish I was attending that dinner... for a lot of reasons... but the main one being cake pops!
CarissaExplainsItAll
I love cake pops!!!! I made some red velvet ones and they were AMAZEBALLS! Google auto finish:
I typed: How can I
This is what appeared: How can I get taller?
Seriously?
I was intending to search "How can I create a blog header" but instead searched for how I could get taller. LOL!
So cute I love cake pops!!! :-)
ohhh love it!! I tried to do this once and it did not turn out good at all..probably because I didn't let the cake cool all the way lol..yours look great!!
Those look so cute!!! They would definitely make a great "bouquet" for someone! Cute idea!
Those look yummy!
Those look so good.. I'm going to have to try those soon!
Thanks for the sweet comment! Ummm, I love cake pops. Once we become BFF's, you can send me about twenty. What?:-) xoxo
those turned out so cute!!!
Yum!! I NEED some cake pops now!!
YUM! Have you tried the cake pops from Starbucks? Delish!
Google gets REALLY weird sometimes...
I haven't done it in a while, but you used to be able to type in "Why is there" and "a dead pakistani on my couch?" would come up. I'm not even kidding!
Anyway, I love the cute cake bites!
Cori @ ILoveLucyJean.com
THOSE LOOK AMAZING!!!
xoxo
-CPF
I love cake pops! Yours look awesome! :)
Happy Wednesday! XOXO
Hi! I came to your blog from Sophisticated Steps!
Too funny...I just posted about making cake balls yesterday too!
AND I have a picture of me at my wedding making that face at my wedding cake, like you are at the cake batter. Totally normal, right?! :)
yours look pretty damn tasty. bakerella intimidates the hell out of me.
Where's mine?!!!?
haha they look fab! go erica! <3
xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
I laughed very loudly at the post of the title =) too funny!
the cake pops look fabulous =) great job!
Those turned out so cute! I think the chocolate looks better than the yellow cake would have looked anyways. I'm going to have to check out bakerella!
i love bakerella! she's awesome! i made the red velvet cake balls and the oreo cake balls and get many requests constantly from everyone who has tasted them! mine weren't as pretty as little cupcakes, though.
omg! those are amazing!!! fedex me one! haha.
the fact that you went BACK to the store after a failed attempt labels you an official betty crocker in my book. such a thing has never happened in my kitchen....well neither has "cooking" but that's a different story.
im loving this idea of cake pops!
Love the post! =)
Follow me too:
http://thebookness.blogspot.com
Post a Comment