PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.10.2011

I cannot believe I wore these clothes....

Okay so I was at the mall just doin the damn thing..shopping, browsing, people watching, etc. I noticed something. Every single high school teenage girl was wearing the same exact thing. Black yoga/stretch pants, Ugg boots, and a Northface. Has anyone else noticed this phenomena? 

Mayyybe I'm crazy and mayyybe it's just Massachusetts but everywhere I turned, there they were in their stretchy pants, uggs, and northface jackets. Upon some research, I found out there's a name for these girls! Thank youuuu Urban Dictionary. 

Swesty- The female counterpart to the Bro. She is sexually promiscuous, wears Ugg boots, leggings and a North Face. She gets drunk and shouts things like, "I don't give a FUCK who's sleeping!"

Do you girls have NO fashion sense? I say this because you all look alike! Sheesh...switch it up a bit and put a sweatshirt on or some chaps. I have all 3 of these items and yes I wear my North Face a lot because its warm and comfy okay! But it got me thinking...did I follow fashion trends my whole life? You bet I did. Let's take a walk down memory lane of all the things that this chick wore during her 22 years of life. (And I bet most of ya'll did too! haha)

Overalls
 I may have worn these up to elementary school...

Jogging suit/swishy suit/ugly ass suit
 I had like..5 different colors of these swishy suits! 
And I thought I was SO cool


Saddle Shoes
 remember these? I always paired these with a pair of ruffle socks hah

Tech Vests
 I shudder...I shudder even more when I see 
people STILL wearing these. Comeon people that was the 90's!

Chunky giant clunker shoes that are hideous
 Back when I was a clutz and probably fell over trying on my mom's fancy high heels, I succumbed to these babies. The chunky shoes. ICK ICK ICK. I had brown/black/tan everything and thought I was the absolute shit when I wore them. I still see people in these soo..hey, they may be making a comeback.

Raccoon eye makeup
 I know this isn't a clothing trend, but didn't we all cake on our 
eyeliner and that was it? Black eyeliner is hot..don't get me wrong. But it's a 
HOT MESS when it's all smudged under your eye and you're only wearing 
that with no other makeup! What was wrong with me in my early years!

I wanted to point out one other things. 

Insert MOM SHORTS
 Mom, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Yes this was circa 1990's, but 
why did these types of shorts/jeans/pants ever exist? I'm talkin the mom jean 
era where they came up to your neck just about. Sorry mama but thankgod you 
got over this phase. Let's not talk about the matchy matchy between sissy and I.

But speaking of matchy matchy..

teehee!!  (ignore the ghetto speaker TAPED to the wall..that's my boyfriend's old apartment which was ghetto fab)

What are some other hideous fashion trends that we wore? I'm loving this walk down memory lane!
xoxox Happy Thursday!


15 comments:

ty said...

Abercrombie and Fitch. That's all.

brynn said...

urban dictionary is definitely a top ten website of mine. LOVE IT. favorite word so far -

"pregret" - The feeling of regretting something you're about to do anyway.

annnyway, i'm thinking my worst fashion mistake was dr.martens. i owned at least 10 pair, all kinds. high tops, low tops, babydolls, bright blue ones, sandals with backs, sandals without backs, and on and on and on. so ridic.

Jessica said...

Oh girl I love this post! Remember jelly shoes?! Ewww! I also had those hideous plain white Reeboks, one piece jumpsuits, really washed out jeans, chunky mary jane shoes like you had. We were hot stuff!! haha

Anonymous said...

Oh the Old Navy performance fleece! hahahahhahahah

Ashley said...

LMAO! WOW, too freaking funny! Trust me even down here in NC the young girls are wearing black yoga/stretch pants, Ugg boots, and a Northface. Its crazy!

Alyson said...

HAHA! I'm loving the urban dictionary term for those girls! High school girls are wearing that exact outfit everywhere. And while we're at it, can we just point out that leggings are not pants??? Le sigh...

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHA i just found your blog. this is hysterical. i have a love/hate relationship looking back on old pictures that i was totally awkward and dress horribly in!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

I just found your blog and am now following. This post was great. Out here in Colorado it is girls wearing uggs with mini skirts and scarves. What the--? Oddly enough it makes sense since the weather is always stupid.

Join us for Throwback Thursday parties and Fashion Fridays (tomorrow reveals a giveaway!).
Www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

You are hilarious!! You have nothing to be ashamed of here on your blog! Glad you opted out of the automatic playlist though! If anything, just look into a professional design. It really makes a difference! :)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, this post made me laugh! I totally remember having really clunky shoes that I thought (back then) were so cute! SICK.

Milly said...

looooove those tiny little shoes, so cute!!

love your blog, I'm following!

I've got a CHANEL GIVEAWAY here... would love you to enter:

http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/03/chanel-giveaway.html

xx

Meri said...

Oh man, I remember when everyone was wearing those candies with the wooden soles. And doc marten sandals, back in grade school haha.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

neon bike shorts with baggier than life tommy H shirts and those little neon buckle thingies that scrunched the side of your shirt up... do you know what i'm talking about?

BLEH!!!!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

The Brunette Suburbanite said...

Oh my goodness! I wore so many of those items you talked about. I also had a "great and fashionable" summer when I was like 12 where I wore different rings on like 7 or 8 of my fingers all the time. There were the summers when I was like 5-8 when I wore Indian style moccasins and jelly shoes. Very attractive.

Jill said...

Ugh, I remember the big clunky shoes. I had these god-awful black clunky heeled penny loafers that I wore with WHITE socks all the time. And the thing is, I thought I was cool because everyone wore white socks. I would like to kick my younger self. I also had these shirts that, thinking back, are like fitted female version of the "Charlie-Harper-Sheen" shirts. Ew sick. They were the style. As for makeup, what about the hideous iridescent shimmery pink lipstick phase? Oh yeah....