Happy Humpday!
I was perusing my normal blogs and came across this post from Leslie at A Blonde Ambition. I absolutely LOVE reading her blog! She is inspiring and puts up great pictures an posts. Anywho, today she did a post about loving her mama and it was just so adorable! I started thinking of my mom. Ohhh my mother..
Now by the looks of this photo, you may think we have a very loving, fun, happy relationship! We do now, but we DIDN'T! I was that bratty, bitchy teenage girl who didn't want to listen to anyyyone..let alone my psycho mom! Oh come on..we've all called our mom's psycho at one point!
During high school, my mom and I literally fought like cats and dogs. We'd have days of amazingness and shopping together, and days where we argued over and over again. My poor poor dad living in a house full of girls...he was damn smart to stay out of mostly everything! In college I had to write short stories about anything I wanted to..so I chose to write about funny stories about my mom and I. As these events were happening, they obviously weren't hilarious to either of us, but now, we legit DIE laughing talking about them.
I'll spare you with one story. My mom and I are so alike. So stubborn, always wanting to get our ways, etc etc. My friends constantly bring this up and laugh and laugh about them and have me repeat them to people who may or may not know the story. I think it was 10th grade. I came home from school, had a snack and then felt like making Ramen. (holy crap I could go for Ramen RIGHT MEOW) I made Ramen and put the pan in the sink and not the dishwasher. I literally just didn't feel like bending down to put it into the dishwasher. My mom is a dishwasher freak. On the daily she'd be like:
"don't forget to put the dishes in the dishwasher when you're done"
"can you empty the dishwasher?"
"there's a glass in your room will you put it in the dishwasher?"
"I'm divorcing your father for the dishwasher." (joking obvi)
Needless to say, I just didn't feel like doing it. So I went into the family room and watched TV. My mom came home, said hi, etc etc. The fam sat down to eat dinner, I did my homework, then headed up to go to bed. I get into my room and I see the FREAKIN PAN on my pillow. ON.MY.PILLOW! My mom was still watching TV downstairs with my dad so I grabbed the pan, marched into her room, and put the pan on HER pillow. I was fuming. Like for real, mom, YOU put it in the dishwasher!
The next morning I wake up and go get ready for school while my mom is downstairs probably washing, petting, or kissing the dishwasher. I'm in the bathroom for maybe 15 minutes. During that 15 minutes, my mom must have snuck back into my room and put the effing pan back on my pillow. I screamed..legit screamed and started slamming doors and being a huge bitch and brought that pan right back and stuck it onto her pillow. Fuming, I went to school..came home...my mom was already home. I knew. I just knew that dirty Ramen pan was going to be back on my pillow and it was. That was it. I went into the bathroom, grabbed my dad's shaving cream, and drew a big face on the pan with the cream and stuck it on her pillow. She came upstairs and I looked at her and she just started DYING laughing which ultimately made me die laughing at the stupidity of this fight. We got over it, and now I tell the story or repeat it at least once to my friends or family.
But what would we do without our moms? I know I get angry and annoyed by her constantly texting me, or creeping me on facebook, or asking me and my boyfriend to come over to dinner EVERY NIGHT. I get it..she misses me and my sister in the house. I'd be sad too if a once full house full of kids and their friends is now empty. I live with my boyfriend, my sister is away at college..I get it. And it does sadden me, but I am happy that we have grown into something more than the Pan story.
![]() | ||
| did my mom have style or what.... |
I love my mama! and I always will! Luckily she enjoys doing things that I enjoy doing so we can do them together. Drinking martinis, trying new foods, going shopping, sharing clothes, all that jazz. I'm happy to have gotten out of my high school funk with fighting everyday but hey...I'm expecting that to happen when I have a bitchy kid of my own!
And one last story just for kicks? I made a delicious sandwich one day after school in 11th grade. I used a pickle...it just so happened to be the last pickle in the jar. Rather than throwing it out, I got lazy and put the empty jar in the fridge. The next day at school, I unloaded my backpack into my locker and what do I see? The empty pickle jar in my backpack stinking up the hallway. Yup..folks, that's my good ole motha for ya!
Do you love yo mama!?
xoxoxo









8 comments:
Yay. I love all the pictures. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing love.
xoxox
Don't forget to stop by FashBoulevard.blogspot.com
I love my mama too, even though I could be a horrible beast in high school. The story made me laugh and your pics are presh.
p.s I saw a commercial for pregnant in heels the other day at the gym and thought of you. lol
awh yay! cute post girly..i love my momma!!
I get along really well with my mom and dad, but it was NOT always that way! I was a willful child, to say the least :)
My mom and I didn't get from about 15 yr/old until about 20 haha -- now that I am out of the house we really get along well =)
What a fab post! My mom and I are like night and day, and for soooo long that hindered us from getting along, but now, we are building a bond that is stronger than ever!
<3 Megan
http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com
OMG, this story had me dying laughing because I legit wanted to do that to JB when we started living together. Effing slob. I am much less anal now and he is much better at cleaning up after himself. My mom and are besties though. Poor moms having to deal with hormonal raging teenage daughters. Blech!
Hahahaha...oh my gosh!! This is SO funny!! I can't believe that y'all passed the pan back and forth! Haha!! My mom and I got along really well growing up...and still do. Thank goodness!
Post a Comment