"I found my daughters bunny costume hidden under her bed...I cant wait to see my husbands reaction"
"Oh my...Are you two dressing up?"
"We're being Batman and Catwoman..I bought a similar costume as Melissa Gorga from Jersey Housewives"
True story. I hope I'm that confident when I'm 40.
Annnnyway. It got me thinking. When are we too old for slutty Halloween costumes? I mean, the other day I was in Victoria Secret and I caught a glimpse of their costumes...deeeliciously sexy...if I was going to a party at the Playboy Mansion.
My senior year of college I bought a $60 costume. I also dressed up two nights in a row. Last I remember Halloween was only one night..but hey, everyone else did it ;-)
Halloween night some of my roomies and I were naughty school girls, and our boyfriends were our nerds
Kurt looks REDICULOUS and so do my tights and heels. Oh and I couldnt bend over that much which hindered my dance moves #KurtLikedIt
Another night we were rocker girls.
I'll spare you the rest of my body but basically I sported some TINY tight black shorts and fishnet stockings with my Ed Hardy low-tops. Ugh this makes me miss college and my roommates!
ANYWHO. When does it become innaprop to dress in revealing Halloween outfits? I vote never..until maybe my boobs hit my ankles. Embrace your inner sexiness! (and make someone do it with ya!)








28 comments:
Haha love this post! I love the picture of Melissa from the real Housewives and the one of your guys as school girls. & I vote never to stop dressing up, but I'm sure I will feel differently about in a few years.
xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/
LMAO. you are tooo friggin' funny erica! of course you can pull off the "skanky" halloween outfits since your sooooo freakin' tiny! i'd say halloween is probably the only night its acceptable to dress that way, but i feel so self cautious wearing anything that shows half of my body - prude? yeah, probably lol...i gotta get out of that!
hahha I love you.
The whole slut-oween thing cracks me up... it's funny because so many people get enraged by it but so many other people really go for it. I doubt I'm dressing up or going out this year, but I can't wait to hit up social media to see some scandalous costumes.
p.s. Melissa has a slammin body and pretty much no one else should wear that
hahaha i so love it. shalloween is my favvvvvvvvorite :) and i agree, showing some skin well you have to.
its like a rule, or something.
I personally think the VS costumes are meant more for the bedroom which is why they are SO skimpy.
I think as long as you are confident in what you are wearing you will be ok. BUT it matters....a school girl costume at a Halloween party on a 40 yr old...NO please! lol.
THANK. YOU. ERICA for making me feel better about my costume!!!!! I am posting about mine today child.....I thought you were saying your were totally AGAINST it and howe we needed to MATURE and become more approp/classy chicks for Halloween....and then I got to the bottom of the post and it made me feel better about the $59.99 costume I purchased....You. WILL. DIE.
XOXOXOXO
I say never too! As long as you look good and feel good ... flaunt it girl.
So what are you going to be this year? I probably am not dressing up because I currently do not look good (think boobs hitting floor). hahah ok, not really. I just haven't even thought about it.
I'll take Melissa's body anyday. Girlfrand is smoking! I loved her this season and I didn't think I would. All aboard the non-crazy train, say I!
yeh, haha i'd have to say when your boobs are down to your knees and your bum hangs down to your ankles ORRR when you have a bubs like me that may not appreciate mama being half dressed ;).
cheers.
I say they are totally okay until you have kids... and even then, it's okay as long as you're out partying with friends and you don't leave skankilicious pictures around for your kids to see and die of humiliation.
I vote they are okay until you have kids.. or at least until your kids are old enough to process how you are dressed!
BUT if I had your body- especially your stomach- I would dress AS SLUTTY AS POSSIBLE. So jealous.
BTW- Kurt looks like Joe Jonas in that nerd picture! haha lucky girl!
I figure, as long as there aren't any children around, you can always (at any age) dress skank-i-fied at Halloween. I love your school girl costume! So funny!
ahhhhh, good ol whore-loween:-) I'm gonna have to excuse myself this year from any sort of skimpy costume...it would probably just be awkward for everyone involved! You though, go on right ahead, I'll live vicariously through your abs! xoxo
I say never stop! If you've got it, flaunt it!!
1. uhhh, im glad im not that lady's kid.
2. vs costumes are definitely made for the bedroom, but you're right they would be perfectly appropriate for a party at the playboy mansion! ha.
3. i mean, im wearing leggings as pants for halloween and thats as brave as im willing to get. not even completely comfortable with that actually!
If boobs hitting the ankles means the end of slutty costumes...looks like we'll be dressing like whores 'til we're buried! ha! our tinies will NEVER get that low honey! ;)
Rock it SIsta!! I say never too ;)
Hahaha I'm always that girl who likes to look fat on Halloween just so I don't have to suck in all night long. Hahaha but I say, if you got it, flaunt it. If you don't do what I do and dress up as a fat tourist. Or a pellet from Pac Man. Or a cow. Or a person of Wal-Mart. Sexy, I know.
I've never really done the dress slutty for halloween thing...it's not really my style, but I say if you feel comfortable in it, who cares.
I definitely think sexy halloween costumes are a go until you personally feel they're inappropriate ... so if it's never. than rock on!
i knew i was going to ADORE this post by the title! i have yet to go all out skank-ho-tastic yet so i hope im not too old yet!!
BIG QUESTION - what are you going as this year?
and I LOVED the tights and heels! hahah
Hahaha! Love this!! I don't think my boobs will ever hit my ankles since they are basically non-existent, so I guess that I can just dress skanky every single Halloween of life! Haha.
I agree. As long as you got it, flaunt it! Let's be sluts on Halloween foreva!!
I already feel too old to wear anything revealing! whompwhomp.
Living in Vegas for 4 Halloweens has scarred me. I've seen enough skin for a lifetime.
What are you dressing up as this year? We are going as LMFAO. I am on the hunt for a boombox. :) ha!
Can I just tell you how HOT you and your girlfriends look!!!!!!
I'm graduated from college and I still enjoy he sexy costume myself :) Though I will admit since I have my own townhouse Me and Jess host our own "dress slutty as you want ;)" parties from time to time. It's more fun in a private setting anyway.
Well you look amazing and I'm sure you'll look amazing in whatever costume you chose!!! Kara XOXO
I never know what to do for Halloween. Never.
Such an awesome awesome post! It's sooooo true, just like the line in Mean Girls! Look skanky while you have the body, screw the haters!
Love your costume, you look super hot!
xoxo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA to the Melissa Gorga comment HAHAHAHA!!!!
oh man, even I wouldn't dare try pull that off.
Ok so maybe I totally would. after I lose about fifty pounds. Maybe next Halloween.
Um your halloween outfit school is HILARIOUS. and I want to see the rest of that rocker girl outfit! Don't hide it from me now!
i say as long as you still got it, rock it! i always wear something scandalous and sexy for halloween. It's pretty much the one time a year all girls have a free pass to dress like a big hoe and im all for it lol.
Xo
Post a Comment