PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.28.2011

I cried twice yesterday

To be listened to while reading...just to set the mood, ya dig? ;-)


I cried two times yesterday out of PURE LOVE. TWO!!

The first, was when I read THIS post, by the amazing Mr. Nelson, hubs of one of my besties, Shalyn. Preeeettty sure this made it's way around the ENTIRE blogosphere and had everyone teared up. I just felt I had to share again :-)




Tears. And goosebumps. And chills. And just smiles all around for the real love they share. It made me want to leave work, go home, and hug Kurt. I know I'm not engaged yet or married, but this is the type of love I look up to as inspiration...as something I know I want. Because it's real and wholesome and just makes my heart happy.

I then saw this photo floating around Facebook....it's a photo from 2007 but saw it shared from at least 5 of my friends for some reason. It's different in the sense that this is about love and death, but oh boy it made it tear up like cray cray.

The night before the burial of her husband’s body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of “Cat,” and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. “I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,” she said. “I think that’s what he would have wanted.”

Seriously...how can anyone handle so much love in one day? One of my favorite quotes in the entire world is from Winnie the Pooh:

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day so I never have to live a day without you

And then there's my grandparents, who passed away away within 4 months of each other, wanted to be buried in the same plot, with their caskets on top of each other so they could be close. MELT MY HEART.

Yesterday just really got me thinking about love in general. Sure, Kurt gets on my last frickin nerve, and will purposely push my buttons, and will put his hands in his pants "just because I feel like holding IT" because he knows it annoys me, but I really wouldn't change any of that if it meant not being with him.



So there's some love for ya to kick off the weekend! :-)

Photobucket

35 comments:

Ashley said...

awwww...seriously erica! i'm teary up over here! thanks A LOT! kidding :) beautiful post girlie!

i love anything that has do with love. what an amazing feeling sometimes you just can't describe it. i've def been blessed to love the same person for the last nine years...i'm sure he'll always have a special place in my heart.

you and kurt are so cute! i wish nothing but the best for you two young kids! lots of love, marriage and babies (someday) :)

i heard something the other day...everytime something about someone annoys you - that thing is actually teaching you something about yourself...interesting way to put it. lol

Café Moka said...

Ohhhh that Mr. Nelson is so sweet!!!

I love that post. So much love! :)

choose to be happy blog said...

i just tried to take a picture of my arm. filled with goosebumps. and send it to you. haha i love our friendship.

the nelsons. im already obsessed.

and THAT PICTURE. HOLY TEARS!
i love love. i love it i love it i love blogging. i love you. i love stone. i love pink. i love weekends. i love coffee. i love vampire diaries. i love sunshine. i love today.

love. its the best :)

P!nky said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet miss Erica! What a great note for a Friday. I'm with you, sometimes guys just KNOW how to piss you off and make you mad. But when you think about it, "I'd rather fight with him than make love with anyone else" The wedding date!

Happy happy friday!

xoxo

So shay said...

I know I just texted you, but Ohhhhmyyyyygosh I just LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! You gave me goosebumps and made me cry and made me smile! I'm so lucky I know you and so so so so so truly blessed we are friends. REAL life friends. I told Andrew we are going to Boston ASAP. I can't wait to meet Kurt! You guys are adorable and I just know y'all are in it for the long haul. I can just see us at 87 years old, all old and wrinkly and we are riding roller coasters and our skin will be flying through the wind and trying to hold on for dear life! It's going to be awesome...and yes, I just referred to us as old farts hanging out because I KNOW we are going to be friends for life. I love you so much!

P.s.) I told Andrew when we got married that when we die...we are going to be buried together. Preferably on top of each other, or beside each other, and if we die together, we are sharing a coffin and stinkin' up the place together. Now that's love. <3

Haha, anyway, this post made my day! I just love you!

californiadreamin said...

Oh my word!!! This is the sweetest thing I've ever read

Katie said...

Awwww, this post is seriously adorable! These things really make you realize the special people in your life, doesn't it?!

I love blogging and so glad I got to "meet" ya and we have chatroom texts now! Have a good weekend girl

Courtney B said...

Awww! How sweet is this post?? Now I have goosebumps and teary eyes! Gosh, I LOVE love :)
My grandad is 97 and my dad just called yesterday and told me that the doctors are guessing he only has about a week left of this life. He is so ready to go, he's lived a good long life but it makes me so sad for my grandma (who's 96). Eric and I are both convinced that once he passes my grandma will pass away shortly after, after 78 years of marriage they won't be able to survive without each other! I want to have that kind of love with my husband!!
You and Kurt are SO cute! And your relationship is sooo REAL. Our men like to push our buttons and find new ways to bug the crap out of us, but that just means they love us... right?? :)

ashleigh said...

i loved this post; but most importantly your added part..the part about you and your boyfriend..it was so sweeeet. because i feel that way too. their love is an inspiration..and well sometimes the boys can be little pains..but in the end i wouldnt change a think about my boyfriend either..awesome job =]and you gave me goosebumps...and tear glazed eyeeees... xo

J and A said...

Ah what a sweet post. :) Love the part of you and your BF too. So much love. Happy weekend!

Chelsea said...

Now I'm cryingggg. I blame the mood music, haha. No, but really. I read that guest post yesterday and it definitely brought tears to my eyes as well. TRUE love is a beautiful thing and although I thought I really had it, I know I'll find it someday.

You and your man are so cute and I'm so happy for you just to have something that special :) Have a beautiful weekend, girlfriend!

Oliviaaa said...

what a beautiful post full of LOVE!

Amanda said...

Wow! Now you made me cry! That's powerful stuff. Have a great weekend, Erica!

Raquel said...

Omg that picture just made my tear up a bit! Sooo sad! :(

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

I totally listened to the song while reading your post and it was perfect! loveeeee everything you mentioned -- and seriously, your grandparents -- so special. ahhh missing my MAN even more today!

Pamela said...

Awwww so sappy, so sweet :) I love this. I read Drew's post yesterday & oh.my.gosh AMAZING!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

erica! you're on my bad list. I cant believe you posted that last photo! bahhhh

i cant unsee that =( HYS-TERICAL!

i still love you. but now i'm bawling that that will be my marine =(

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

and not laugh-y hysterical =( girl. i will call you up and make you listen to me cry if you evahhhhh post a sad military pic again.


still love you again. but you'r SO IN TROUBLE. xo

Kristin said...

shay made me cry yesterday and this made me cry today....thanks a lot...brides cannot read posts like this the week before their wedding.

Sam W. said...

the military pic is so sweet and sad! love the pics of you and your boo.

hope you guys have a great weekend :)

Megan said...

Awwww, I love this!!!! Seeing REAL love is really the most amazing thing and I just love YOUUUUUU!!

Unknown said...

Sooo sweet and so sad! Love this post about love. :) have a great weekend!

ashley said...

Ahhh.. seriously, I look like a weirdo weeping in the airport. The picture of the wife wanting to spend the night in front of her husband's casket, I just can't. :( wow.

Shayln's post was super cute. I love how amazing their relationship seems (you got a first hand look) but I imagine it translates just like it doesn't in words as it does in real life.

And that Winnie the Pooh quote is my FAVORITE-- seriously. Love it.

xoxoxo lady! great great post!!! :)

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

damn. that marine thing kills me. and your grandparents? wow. :) so sweet. lucky to have found such a love.

K & J said...

This post was so sad but beautiful at the same time. hanks for sharing this!! Kara XOXOX

PS You two are such ha super cute couple!!!!

Lindsay said...

Ugh I just ruined my makeup from that picture of the Marine wife!!!

Ashley Slater said...

too much sweetness in one post. can't take it.

vomiting now.

just kidding. :)

She Speaks said...

SERIOUSLY? Here I am, tears rolling and sniffling. Husband giving me the "whats your deal" eyes...Thanks ALOT. I love the Nelsons and that pic has been rotating on my FB feed as well. Gets me everytime.

Ashley said...

LOVED DDHP's post about Shalyn. Seirously the best thing ever.

and I love you and Kurt -you all are an amazing couple. I hope you had a beautiful weekend girlfriend!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Rissy said...

first of all, I loovvvee this song.

I think DDHP and Shalyn are an inspiration... and you and Kurt aren't too bad yourselves : )

That picture of the wife and the casket tugs at my heart strings like you would not believe

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

WOW... the wife and the casket just makes me tear up... just an amazing love story!

Hope you had a great weekend! XOXO, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

Liesl said...

Wow, so glad I found your blog today via the lovely Shay's blog post! Love that song and this post was such an inspiration to me and such a touching post!

Liesl ;)

Michelle said...

Shay's husband was really so sweet! That was the BEST post!

I saw the woman who slept by her husbands casket too. So touching!

You and Kurt are a gorgeous couple! LOVE the pics!

oxoxoxox

Lindsey said...

Damnit Erica! I went from Weezy laughs to tearing up. I'd like to know where the eff I've been because I'm so behind on your blog and every one else's for that matter. UGH, last week at work combined with boot camp meant no time for lizzle lee to read blogs. WAAAAH!!! Well, this was just the sweetest post ever and now I must go read Shalyn's post from her hubs. I don't know if I can handle all this sadness in one day. I think I need to re-read the weezy post first.

p.s. I'm still waiting for the I'm engaged post. GET ON IT KURT!!!!!!!!!

kaity said...

love me some Ingrid Michaelson. :] and the post that "Drew Drew Hot Pants" wrote about his life. boys can be so sweet.