Anyway, last night I attended my reunion. Here's the lo-down:
My friends and I spent almost 10 minutes in the car outside the
sketchy restaurant/hall deciding who would walk in first, how we
would walk in, where we would walk to, etc.
No one has really changed. There were some guys still sporting the same
white polo hats with the same Timberland boots that they wore while feeling
up Jenny in the bathroom. The girls, looked relatively the same, but a few
had some enhancements, if ya know what I mean!
About 20 people in there were either married, engaged, pregnant,
or already had kids. My friend and I were in the bathroom at one point where
two girls were sharing childcare programs and their prices
Three or four guys at one point had their shirts off dancing
to "it's raining men" with a group of people in a circle around them watching.
If this doesn't scream prom, I don't know what does!
"Oh My GOD Erica!! I was so hoping you were going to be here!
You look so great! But omg I have some weed do you wanna go
smoke? I have like 10 blunts! I'm so high right now!"
Hahaha Classy!
Oh..and on every table, the planners thought it'd be a fabulous idea to cut out everyone's senior pictures and spread them all over the tables. I grabbed mine, as well as two ex-boyfriends, an ex-friend, a girl I always thought was odd, and some guy who I thought was cute in 10th grade.
I kept them in my back pocket and then at midnight when I came home drunk and needed Kurt's help taking off my jeans, they all flew out of the pockets and now they are spread on my dresser.
Overall, I'm glad I went! But one thing I did learn. Everyone hangs out with the exact same people they did in highschool. One of my friends said hi to someone that was in her classes for 4 years, and the girl looked away in disgust. I mean really, grow up you ho-bag, you ain't all that.
But I am glad I was there...even if I was two cocktails deep :-)







24 comments:
oh my gosh, this is the very reason I will never attend any of my highschool reunions.
I really don't talk to anyone I went to highschool with anyways. I hated most of the people, and I was NOT popular at all really. Honestly, I don't know how I made it through. I am sure if half of the people saw me now they wouldn't even recognize me....... a handful were actually really mean to me and I know for a fact they still live in the same small town and work minimum wage waitressing jobs. SO HA!!!!!!!!!!
:)
So excited to read this post today! Sadly, not many people do change at. all. after high school. SOME do, but not all. I'm sure you were the class fav though because there is NO way you couldn't be. You're absolutely wonderful E! :) I wish I could have been there with you lol and walked up to people and been like remember me!?!?! HAhahaha then everyone would be like W.T.F. MATE? Would have been awesome, just sayin.
I'm glad you had fun boo! And Happy Birthday to Rissy! LOVE that girl!
Muah!
Oh goodness. Lol. Makes me not want to attend my 10 year. haha though I'll probably go anyway.
Glad you had a great time, hon! :)
Haha oh gosh, I don't even want to know what my reunion would have been like at 5 years. I may do the 10 year one though... Granted I don't suddenly get fat or something.
LOVE that you kept the pics in your back pocket...ha! Was Kurt like "Who the hell are these people?!"
We never had a 5 year reunion...only a 10 and 20...well-we haven't had them yet. I'm not THAT old... ;)
ahahahahaha!! the last part...the girl looking away. my gosh! has she seriously held on to any disgust or drama from high school?! people amaze me. LOL.
Haha I will only go to my high school reunion if my closest friend goes with me--she is the only one I really talk to since graduation and the only one I'd feel comfortable going with!!!
hahah it does sound like so much fun! Love your description of it all and the random senior photos you took home. Hilarious!
Bahaha i love that you called er a ho-bag. That is my favorite thing about this post. Girfran is just jealous of how fab you are :-). My high school reunion is in may and i wanna vomit a little bit just thinking bout it. I feel your pain hott stuff!
Aghhh, such a crazy life thing! I can't wait to see everyone at mine. I'll be one of the housewives with a bunch of kids:-) Whoop whoop! xoxo
hahahaha i just read lauren's comment "granted i don't get fat..." i don't feel the need to go to reunion bc with facebook i know what everyone is up to! plus, i didn't like high school, i was awkward and still am ;)
Sounds like such a fun time haha!
TWO WHOLE COCKTAILS? LOL! You crack me up! I told you that shit would be the same. I can't wait for hubby's 20 year (yes, 20 year) reunion in a couple of years.
bahahahaha oh my gosh... stealing that pic for sure
Sounds like a blat!
I'm glad you went too-- My 10 year (ewww I'm old) is next month and I really don't care to see anyone (oops). I keep in contact with who I want to and I know lots has changed with everyone else.
You didn't take any pictures? (granted I wouldn't know anyone-- hahaha)
word.
i was SOOO excited to read this post!!!! since i was homeschooled - stuff like this THRILLS me to no end! ha i love that you stole everyone's pics - so amazing!
and whoa! were you ever NOT a loooker? where are you awkward high school pics?!?!
hahaa i love that kurt had to help take your jeans off - successful night!
Bwhahah! Do you know I have NEVER attended a single reunion? I have a feeling that since I didn't like them then, I probably won't like them now! ;)
That is so funny! I can't wait until my first reunion! Love this post! :)
Chads 10 year reunion is next weekend....ooooof!
Did you update your reader/dashboard with my new domain??? http://www.acompletewasteofmakeup.com/
I don't even hang out with anyone from high school...so I am dreading having to go to any reunion of mine!!
SO wild to think we're around the age of "high school reunions" -- I actually teach at my HS and the teachers are still the same, too, so there's that...the students just got worse (and bitchier!) haha
Yea, I don't think I'll be going to my reunion either...unless my best guy friend goes. But I don't keep in touch with anyone from high school (well maybe 3 people and I graduated with over 600...). Great post!
Well my five year reunion should have been in 2010 and there was not one planned. I find it quite funny actually that our class president couldn't get her act together and plan one. I really don't know if I would have gone! lol
honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com
i don't do reunions, but maybe i'll reconsider when my 10 year comes up. to me it's another reminder how old i'm getting. also i was a "late bloomer" and just had my first kid while most of my friends from hs are working on their 4th... hmmm to go or not to go... glad you had a great time though! xo
Post a Comment