It's a wedding flower bouquet with photos of loved ones
who have passed away clasped to a ribbon
Seriously, how cute is that?!
I think this is probably the most precious thing I have ever seen. When Kurt
first met my grandparents on my moms side, they immediately
fell in love with him. That was almost 5 years ago.
Each holiday, my grandmother would ask me "did he get you a diamond?"
or "where's the diamond this year!" etc etc.
As both my grandparents started to get older, they set milestones. They said they just wanted to live to see me graduate highschool. They did. Then they wanted to see my sister graduate from highschool, and they did.
They started to reach 90, and sadly, hoped they'd see us graduate from college. THEY DID.
It was sort of an ongoing joke with the family that they'd live to see Kurt and I
get married one day I know that's what my grandparents really wanted to see happen.
But unfortunately, they both passed away recently within 4 months of eachother.
My grandfather even passed away on my grandmothers birthday.
sweet little prayer cards on our fridge :-)
The reason I'm writing this, is because whenever I do end up getting married, I want to do this; whether it be little photos of them on my bouquet, or their names stitched somewhere, or something similar. Just so I know, and so they know, that they were there with me on my special day.








28 comments:
Such a sweet idea. My grandfather's wedding ring was pinned to the inside of my wedding dress when I got married. He was the only grandparent that wasnt there so it was really special. My dad also wore my grandfather's OTHER wedding ring (they usually have more then one when they are married for so long) when he walked me down the aisle. So it was like he was walking me down the aisle too. So special--- do it girl!
awww....that seriously is such a sweet and kind idea. never thought or seen that before. amazing. i think you should do it when you get that bling bling ;)
Oh this is such a good idea! Very kind!
You have inspired me to do a blog post about what I did with my bouquet... it was similar, but I thought I was being original... guess not :)
Erica this is such a beautiful idea. Thank you for posting this and passing it along. I'd love to do the same on my wedding day!
It's such a weird thing that most people grow up with their grandparents being such a big and important part of their lives yet there is a big chance that they won't get to see us through such monumental days. That's amazing that your grandparents were able to see you graduate high school and college though!
this is just so sweet and sad all at once. I love the idea of including your grandparents in your wedding somehow, and I'm so sorry they won't be able to attend in person. props to whoever did that bouquet with the pictures - it's so touching.
This is so sweet. It caused me to start listing all the people I would want pinned onto my bouquet.. and then I thought of pets.. could they be included to??
I love the graduation photo!
What a wonderful idea and so sweet and thoughtful! They will be with you on your special day!
Girl you and I are one in the same. I love the photo and the story that you just shared. When my fiance and I got engaged a few months ago, 2 days later I found out my Grandpa had passed. I was so upset thinking that I didn't get to say goodbye to him and how much I wish he had known that I was engaged. Long and behold my Dad, who was near his side when he passed, share the news with him. Although I'm so sad he, or my other grandfather, cant' be at my wedding- I wanted to make other things memorable in honor of them. We chose the venue because it was my Grandfather, the one who had passed 2 days after our engagements, favorite place to go to (its a Golf Club) and my wedding dress has Swarovskii Crystals on it in memory of my mom's Dad who's from Austria and where Swarvoski makes the crystals. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to share that you're not alone in the process and when you do get married someday it'll be lovely. They'll watch over you :)
I think that's a fantastic idea. Love the little pictures... and of course they will be there watching anyway : )
xoxo
What a beautiful idea :)
Erica,
This is such a special post, the idea a beautiful way to carry your grandparents with you when you become a bride.
My nanna too asked every xmas if Peter had proposed, after she died I told Peter it was important to me to get married because one of my nanna's dreams had been to see me marry and she missed that.
Take heart that your grandparents will be with you and are with you in your heart and around in spirit I'm sure.
On my wedding day, my mum gave me my nanna's sacred rosary beads which I'd remembered from when I was a little girl. They were crystal and sparkly and I wore them around my wrist for her. I felt a part of her was with me that day.
Thanks for sharing, you'll have given others the idea and opportunity to do this now too!
sending a hug
Diana x
I've seen this before too. Your post made me tear up. I just lost my grandpa in June and I wished he would have been here to see me get married, he loved my boyfriend as well! I still have my grandma here, but most definitely will I be doing this or something simliar when my big day comes! :) Great post. :)
Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com
That is very sweet. My grandfather was a jewelry designer, so in my hair, and attached to my bouquet, I wore pins that he had made for my grandmother.
I am sorry for your loss. They will certainly be with you through all the milestones in your life to come.
stop making me cry!!!!! I miss my gram and papa and I know you miss yours so much too! def do this! I had my grandma's crystal vase filled with her favorite flowers and photos of both my grandparents on little table at my wedding.. it was nice to remember them and know they were there in spirit =)
love ya ho!
This post totally made me tear up! I love that idea of the pictures pinned to the bouquet. So sweet!
Omg this is so sweet!! Such a great idea
the fact that we both touched on weddings today just goes to show we are soulmates.
im pinning this. and then stealing it and doing in real life as well!
My dad's mom and my mom's dad passed well before I got married, so I bought a beautiful bracelet locket and walked down the aisle with their pictures inside it :)
this is awesome! i love this idea!
i also love that you probably found this while you were perusing pininterest during your hangover on sunday (yeah, i'm a major creeper and read your comment on raven's blog).
XOXO
I love the idea of the pictures on the bouquet! Sadly, my grandfather died right before I graduated college. I know he wanted to be there but he was there in spirit!
Such a sweet post!
PS I saw all your wedding pins yesterday ;)
XOXOOX
When I got married, my mom wanted to do something similar to this. Except she wanted to dedicate a whole table to it, and called it the "memory table." Since it was mine and my hubby's wedding, we decided not to do it. It was a big ordeal. Talk about drama. One of my bridesmaid knew my dad passed away (he did 12 years ago, when I was 13) and she printed off a picture and put it in a pink jeweled locket to be put around my bouquet. It was incredibly sweet and I appreciated it a lot. But I didn't put it around my bouquet :(
I can honestly say I've never seen a bouquet quite like this!!
That is the most precious thing I've ever saw. What a great way to include a loved one who has passed on.
I love that idea! We had photos of all of ours that couldn't make it, which was all but 1 of them. So sweet to tie in family to weddings.
I saw that bouquet on pinterest and LOVED it. I want to do the same for my grandpas when I get married. I know they would have LOVED Nate had they had the chance to meet them, and I want them to "be at my wedding" :)
That's a great idea! And it's so sweet that they loved your guy as much as you do! My great grandmother gave me some jewellery so I'll probably wear that when I get married next year.
I absolutely LOVE this idea. I've never heard of something like that before, and I think it's awesome. A really great way to have your grandparents with you on your special day :)
Post a Comment