PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.24.2011

I couldn't eat a cow testicle

Happy Monday!

Kurt and I were watching The Amazing Race last night. A commercial came on and it said they were holding casting calls in the Boston area for next season. I immediately went to the website to check it out.

I'm the first to say that Kurt and I would most likely kill each other on this race. We would totally be "that couple" who argues about whose going to eat the cow testicle or who is going to lug a 10 pound bag of rocks on their back. Then I would be wicked dramatic and cry and stomp my feet and have a temper tantrum.


I wouldn't want you all to judge me when you see my cry face, or see me act like a complete and total BITCH. Or see me absolutely torment Kurt and blame him because I can't figure out a hieroglyphics puzzle.


But I can't help but think how much FUN it would be to travel the world together. To experience new things.

 
To learn new languages and cultures. 


To accomplish something huge together


The thing is though, no matter how much we would get on eachother's nerves or how difficult it would be for me to get on a plane to different countries, I know it would bring us even closer together than we already are. If not the Amazing Race, I hope one day we do get to travel the country and parts of the world together!

So excuse me, while Kurt and I sit down and create a video of the 2 of us to submit to CBS. HAH! Yeah right!
Could you see yourself and a loved one on the Amazing Race or would you prefer doing it with a family member or friend?!

Photobucket

22 comments:

Ashley said...

dooooo itttttt!!! you guys should totally do it! how awesome would that be! i'd def watch you guys! i watch a lil of that show since it comes on before the Good Wife - love that show!!! i dunno if i'd be able to do that - if i did...i'd prob pick my sister to be my partner and we'd prob spend all of our time yelling or laughing at each other! LOL. gotta love seester love :)

Petchie said...

You should totally do it! that would be so awesome! goodluck!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

P!nky said...

You guys should totally do it! I think that would be fantastic! My bf and I would either ROCK at it or kill each other with the silent treatment. We might make for awesome TV though since we are TOTAL opposites!
xoxo

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

I could totally see you on The Amazing Race! And I know you'd be absolutely hilarious and a fan favorite! :)

Very sweet post by the way! Happy Monday Erica!

Rissy said...

I would never in a million years go on the amazing race, or survivor, or the Challenge because no way in H-E double hockey sticks would I eat a bug or animal genitalia. GROSSSS

You and Kurt need to start browsing travel sites to pick out a honeymoon destination... HINT HINT ; )

Lindsey said...

My mom is totally convinced my brother and I are going on this show but there is no way in hell I'd eat the gross stuff. NO WAY. I'd legit throw up.

So when are y'all getting engaged?? That's my only question! KURT ... GET ON IT!

Melody said...

I was watching Amazing Race last night with Josh too! I told him I think I could do this! I really doubt it though..we get lost all the time, imagine in a completely different country! lol And there's no way I'm eating any kind of bug or testes!!

Marian said...

No lie, my best friend from college and I submitted a video a few years back. Obviously we didn't get picked...though it was probably for the better. I was only doing it for her. I am actually deathly afraid of flying...and my sense of direction sucks!! And I don't eat meat so any eating challenges I would have to tap out

K & J said...

I think you should go for it if they're coming to our area. It would be so cool to be on TV. If Me and Jess hadn't both recently started our post grad careers we would both be all for it. Kara XOXO

PS. Love your outfit in the first pic. Very cute.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

I don't watch the amazing race or any of those reality shoes BUT.... if you and Kurt were on one -- i'd watch the crap outta it! <3

Amber said...

I think you should definitely try out for it if it is something you've been wanting to do!

I couldn't do a show like this or survivor or any of that because all of the nasty stuff they have to eat! It reminds me of that show Fear Factor. They ate some pretty out there stuff. On another note, if the show were more like the Bachelor/Bachelor Pad ( The traveling and realistic competitions) I would be all for it.

Kristin said...

J and I would murder each other FOR SURE! We would fight the entire time! I think you guys should do it!

Lauren said...

If my husband and I did it... We would be everyone's fav couple to watch b/c we'd be hilarious... But we wouldn't get far because he'd refuse to listen to me. Typical. At least we'd have an entertaining run of it!

So shay said...

I've tried and tried and TRIED to get DDHP to do this show with me. It's my dream. I've filled out the app a million times and as soon as I try to start recording, he does something vein that I can't send the producers like grabs his you know what. Such a turd!!! I say go for itttt! :)

Whim Wham Life said...

I would soooooo do the Amazing Race! Last year, my husband and his brother made a tape/submitted it:-) Maybe Daniel, me AND the baby can do it next year! hahaha. Just kidding! But seriously, do it! xoxo

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

You should totally do it! That would be awesome!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

ashley said...

Aw I love this post!! I think you guys should apply, totally worth a shot!!

I actually know someone who competed and won the Amazing Race. (never actually watched the show myself) :P
Kinda funny I was just flipping through the channels yesterday too and saw it on the TV guide thingy.

Deidre said...

It sounds like you're exactly the type of couple that makes for good tv! Do it.

I don't think I'd ever want to do the amazing race, I'd much rather experience that kind of thing in my own time.

Megan said...

OMG y'all better do it, for real!!! I want to see your sexy face on my tv!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I think that sounds like super fun!

Ashley said...

complete cutness overload in this post!

i think your first big feet together should be stalking some famous rappy rappy in Atlanta!

in love with that first pic on the stairs - so stinking adorbs!

Raven said...

OMG!!!! Seriously Erica, I say to Rob ALL THE TIME, "I am so entering us in The Amazing Race, I know they will take us because we will be that couple who scream and yell at each other and hit each other and cause all sorts of controversy and it will be ratings gold for CBS"

sooo funny!!! LOVED THIS! I am SO entering me and Rob, no joke. You do it tooo!!!!!!