PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.24.2011

Check out this DELICIOUSNESS!!

While walking around Cedar Point, I saw this lady eating Doritos from a bag with a spoon. Literally, the bag was ripped open and she was scooping her spoon into the bag. I judged hardcore and thought "WOW...does she really need to get all the crumbs with a spoon?!" I'd put that bag to my mouth and guzzle.

I was so wrong. She was eating a "Walking Taco." Feast your eyes.



Excuse me..WHAT!? All your favorite taco fixins in a dorito/frito bag? Sign me up. Unfortunately Kurt and I had just had our fatty dinner for the night and were too stuffed to buy a walking taco. But I am intrigued..and I think I want to make them one night...but with a full size chip bag. #FAT.



I never even knew about this phenom!! Click Here for a lil recipe I found of one on the Picky Palate!!

Have you guys ever heard of this? Or tried it?


Photobucket

32 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd considered doing this before but i thought i was weird - so excited this a real thing!!!
:)
xx

choose to be happy blog said...

Erica! This is the coolest discovery since… I don’t know when! I totally understand why you were confused, that is so funny that they put it in a Doritos bag! It looks so good! I’m so intrigued! I realize I am going overboard on the use of exclamation points, but I mean give me a break, a TACO in a CHIP bag. I love living in America.

ashleigh said...

um; this sounds so goood!
loooooove it =]
i must try it!

Lauren said...

best. idea. ever.

Lindsey said...

Wow. Never heard of this, but this reminds me of Frito Pie. If it's anything like Frito Pie, I'm sure all love it. #fattoo

Jess said...

In our area, all the local high schools serve them at football games. They are amazeballs! I fully intend to make a GIANT version in a full-size bag one night for dinner. I can see hubby's face now ... :)

Christina said...

omg that is crazy, but i might want one...haha!

amber lynn said...

that is genius! haha

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, sooo good!!!! I think there is a food truck in DC that sells these. I cannot wait to get my braces off to have one of these!

My-cliffnotes said...

Such a great idea, and how tasty would that be! Go big or go home! :)

Tabitha
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

I've heard of this, but haven't done it! Let us know when you do :)

Beth said...

um...this looks dee-lish. my kind of meal.

from that first pic it looks liek you're just using a fork to eat shredded cheese. which is also my kind of meal. so yum.

Rissy said...

I'd eat that in a hot second... I'm such a fatty bo batty ugh

who comes up with this ish?

I still need to a fried oreo and may go to a baseball just to get one

Anonymous said...

AWESOME IDEA! They look so delicious. Good stuff to tailgait with too!

MaviDeniz said...

ooh that looks delish! i love making frito pies. it's basically fritos with chili and cheese on top. sooo good!

Xo

Alyssa said...

I've heard of people putting ground beef and cheese in a frito bag but I've never heard of this before. So cool! And I'm with ya, girl...full size chip bag haha!

Ali said...

Oh my gosh! I honestly can't believe you've never heard of this before! Maybe it's just a Minnesotan thing...

I've seen these at grad parties, birthday parties, fairs, random get-togethers. It's a natural recurrent thing!

Here we call it a "Taco in a bag."

Yummmmmm.

-Ali

Ashley said...

hmmm...now, that is interesting! i have never seen anything like that in my life, but its actually pretty neat and a really good idea! may need to try that sometime! haha ;)

Renata said...

I grew up with this at our hockey games in northern minnesota! We def. called them 'tacos in a bag' though. Creative...I know.

Stephanie said...

now why the heck didn't i think of something like this?? flipping genius.

Amber said...

Never heard of this before now, but I'm certain that I need one!

Neely said...

LMAO wow this is amazeballs!

Dania @ Always Dania said...

this looks delicious!!!!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Um, one word: yum? I’m a sucker for tacos and that just looks amazing. It must make one (or six) for myself pronto.

jaimie michelle said...

I just found your blog through Mackey Madness, and this looks amazing! My two favorite foods (doritos and tacos) combined! Can't wait to try!

Jaimie
www.jaimiehart.blogspot.com

Marian said...

Um, is it weird that this makes my mouth water:)

Rach said...

Hopping over from Mackey Madness (great guest post, by the way!) and I just had to comment on this post. I saw a recipe for Walking Tacos a couple of years ago and they've been on my to-make list ever since. I just haven't gotten around to making them, but they sound/look delicious!

Ashley said...

Yum yum!!!! someone had taco bell in the breakroom yesterday i'm almost certain and it smelled SO good!

hehe i'm reading your blog at work...so sneaky ;)

Sabrina Says Blog said...

Ohhhh My goodness!! I've had chilli in a frito bag... I'm going to have to try the walk-O. Mmmm!! I miss your face. that's all.

Sabrina Says

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

That's genius.

Megan said...

They used to serve those in grade school with fritos :)

Samantha said...

This is seriously amazing. I'm stealing this!!!

PS - I'm a new follower!!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com