PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.08.2011

I made bread, sauce, and rapped in public this weekend!

This weekend was filled with lots of randomness. Let's ignore the fact that Kurt and I slept until 1 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. Ick!

Let's see. I made some bread...FROM SCRATCH! Like...I made my own dough, rolled it out, all that jazz! The hardest part was waiting. Rising and deflating and cooking and baking...that's a lot of waiting. I can cross off bread baker from my list of prospective jobs! It was fun to pretend to be a domestic Debbie.


Cinnamon sugar pull apart bread OH. MY. YUM!


I also made something else. Before my grandmother passed away in March, she always made THE BEST spaghetti sauce. Literally...it was so good. When she was starting to get weaker, she taught the recipe to my aunt. It was not the same, but pretty close! Well, the other day, I decided to attempt the sauce..and it came out pretty darn good!


Granted, I looked at the recipe over and over, and re-looked at it to make sure I didn't miss anything. I get so OCD when following a recipe..it's a sickness!

I then ventured to Kareoke on Saturday night and we met up with my friend and her boyfriend!! But first Kurt and I had our own little Kareoke sesh.

 

Teehee! :-D Raven, I tried tweeting you a video I made of me singing B-Spears Toxic on the car ride (a Boston radio station was playing a huuuge britney mix and it made me think of you!) but it wouldn't send! Boo!

We got to Kareoke, which was at a Chinese restaurant, and the place was PACKED! So there went any chance of me getting up there.

But somehow, after two cocktails and half a shot, (I can't take shots...I sip at them haha) I found myself submitting my song choice.


I had originally hoped to do Lil Wayne's, A Milli, because during a long car ride a few years ago, I learned EVERY SINGLE WORD, but the Kareoke guy didn't have it!

I do have the video of me rapping...but I don't know if I'm ready to show the blog world. Maybe if you're one of the lucky few that I can text it to haha!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!


Photobucket

32 comments:

ashley said...

Bravo for your bread baking skills. I looooooove homemade spag sauce.. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

And I am pretty sure you should post your eminem rap! (or at least send it to mee!) ;) holla!

Jess said...

I would like to suggest a bread machine. It is one of the best kitchen appliances ever made. You literally just put everything in and press the button and it takes care of the mixing, rising, kneading, baking.

I'm going to try that pull-apart bread this weekend (assuming it isn't too hot). It looks yummy!

Melody said...

oh god, I'm the same way when I follow any recipes! lol & you should def. post your Eminem video!

Pamela said...

I am the same way with following recipes!! haha The bread looks good!

Jessica Ruud said...

That bread looks soo delicious!! Good work. Oh rapping, good times.

angie on maui said...

Seriously, you need to vlog more often...you crack me up! And I love that Kurt was a good sport to appear on camera, even though his countdown ended up with "the bird". :) And um, hello? I NEED TO SEE YOU RAPPING TO EMINEM! Pretty please with sugar on top?!

Dinner with friends, fresh bread, your grandmother's spaghetti sauce and sleeping in until 1pm...? Sounds like a lovely weekend any way you look at it!

Have a great week, friend! xo

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Sadly I did not do this but for sake of being silly....

"TRUE LIFE: I JUST PEED MY PANTS!"

you crack me up! <3 kudos on baller bread and your gram's sauce! come make both for me? =) i swear i'll even eat them TOGETHER if you want! haha

Lauren said...

I firmly believe that any food I have ever created from a recipe was only bad because the recipe was bad. I'm SO OCD about following a recipe that it is ridiculous. I also color inside the lines and freak out if it's not perfect. I think the two are related.

I want to eat that bread. And that spaghetti sauce. Literally, right now.

Molly said...

You go! Awfully domestic :) and every girl needs a little weezy in their life

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Kurt's response is PERFECT.

You two crack me up!

"The Mrs." said...

That bread looks amazing!!

Lindsey said...

I want to learn how to make spaghetti sauce, but let's be real ... opening a can is just a lot easier. Soooo, I probably shouldn't kid myself.

I loveeee eminem so I think you made a great choice on your karaoke selection.

Ashleigh said...

that food looks delish!!! and you are brave... i can rap Lil Kim's Queen Bee... but it's very... shady? lol

So shay said...

LMAO! "Erica, I don't want the last thing before I die to be singing this song..." LOL! That made me crack up! :)

And why didn't I get this video this weekend missy? My heart is broken! ;)

The bread looks like it turned out amazinggggggggggg!

Get it get it get it.

Love you.

Ali said...

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE post the Eminem karaoke video! It would totally make my day :)

Jen said...

Oh goodness. I want that bread and sauce RIGHT NOW. I loved your rapping and what Curt said to you at the end.. hahahaaa. I also love the fact that you chose "real slim shady" for karaoke. pretty sure it doesn't get much cooler than you are. and, I think I need to see that video. For cheering-up purposes. Is that a good enough excuse? lol :-)

Christi said...

sounds like a fantastic weekend! i'd love to know your sauce recipe. i cannot find one i like. =( homemade bread is the best ... hot from the oven, slathered in butter, cinnamon and sugar!

choose to be happy blog said...

mail me that bread!


wait.

i am being serious!

and i am still at workie so i cant listen to your video. but it will be the FIRST thing i watch when i get home. yahoooooooooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my that bread looks amazing, where did you get the recipe? And please post the video, you are hysterical girly=)

Michelle said...

Look at you Miss Suzie Homemaker! Everything you made sounds AMAZINGGGGGGG!!! YUMM!

Your video had me cracking up! Post more! You and Kurt are officially ADORBS together! LOVE IT!

xoxox

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

That video has me in hysterics -- you definitely need to post "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" ..like TODAY! LOL!!

Hollie Ann said...

bahahahaha fun weekend!

Amber said...

That bread AND spag sauce look so yummy! I get super OCD when following a recipe too.

I love your vid, you're hilarious. And I totally love rapping to Eminem. Send the vid!!! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo...I would LOVE that bread so much. I'm almost drooling now.

Brooke T said...

oh my goodness that bread looks yummyyy! I can't wait to start baking and cooking like this :)

Raven said...

enough with the kissy faces, will ya? All you are doing is making the rest of us with average lips hate you.

you and your plump lip lusciousness.

anyway.

I cannot believe you made your own bread and am so PROUD! I have never ever tempted to make bread from scratch. Isn't it like, criminy! Takes ALL DAY LONG!! I bet it tasted divine though.

um, LOVE homemade spaghetti sauce. send me the recipe??

WHAT?!?!?! I NEED TO SEE THAT B. SPEARS TOXIC VIDEO!!!!! WHERE IS IT? I NEEEEEEED TO SEE!!!!!!!

OMG you will be my hero.

Ashley said...

i WANNNNNNAAAAAA see this rap video! text me text me!!

and I LOVE the kissy lips...my glasses look almost just like that. #twins!

and i'm going to put in my order for some pull-apart bread and spaghetti sauce (and maybe some noodles) when i come to baahhhhston!

XO, A

Jennifer said...

COngrats on the accomplishments in the kitchen. That bread looks DELISH!

LOL @ your song choice. That is probably something I would attempt. I'm silly like that.

Rissy said...

as soon as my phone can receive anything but words in text messages, I'll be requesting that video for rilli (get it?) hahaha I'm laughing at how bad a joke that was.

I WANT THAT BREAD! like the whole pan... and way to honor your grandmother's memory!

Marian said...

Bahahahah!! I think I need to start hanging out with you...it sounds pretty amazing...and unforgettable:)

PS- I totally sip shots too!!

Mandy said...

*like*

choose to be happy blog said...

FRIEND! on a random walmart trip i bought a bread pan. RANDOM. i dont know how to make bread. never have. but i wanted to get it and learn and remembered you writing this post becuase i'm a stalker and an excellent one at that, and excellent stalkers like myself remember things like this. so teach me how to bread make, teach-teach me how to bread make!!