Though this was last summer and not when I was 16, this situation is real.
My car overheated in 5 PM Boston rush hour traffic while it was 99 million degrees and I cried because cars were getting so mad and I thought my car was gonna blow up.
![]() |
| via WeHeartIt |
saltines and gingerale were a friend of mine here, taken at 4 AM one drunken night
But yesterday I turned 23 and it got me thinking. What's the next big age to look forward to?! There's 25, where I can legally rent a car without paying an outrageous extra fee. And then there's 30..which for some reason people fear! But no matter what age I turn, I will ALWAYS love birthdays.
For my birthday I didn't want to do anything too fancy. It was also a Sunday. The freaks, aka me, come out on Friday and Saturday nights.
I mean, though I was offered a 100% VIP hotel suite in New York City with champagne, lil wayne, open bar, and hot men dripping sex, I turned it down to spend the time with my family, friends and Kurt for the day on our boat. I'll celebrate with a trip to bars and clubs this weekend and next when my friends decide to destroy my liver.
So we cruised into Boston, sipped some cocktails, went out to dinner, and loved life!
I really really love these g-frands of mine. Did I mention we went to pre-school together and have been friends ever since? 20 years later, we are still kickin' it.
It was SUCH a great day. I am so blessed to have such awesome family and friends to celebrate my birthday with!
Okay, 23 years old, don't disappoint me!!







41 comments:
We are the same age! :D Happy Birthday! I love that you and your friends have been together since preschool!
hooray!! Happy Birthday! I love birthdays and like you I will never stop celebrating =)
Happy Birthday!!
Sounds like a GREAT birthday to me :) Very relaxed.. I'm turning 23 next Birthday too.. say what?? Ah, I can't believe I'm going to be 23?!?! lol
Anyways................ HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ERICA!! :)
Happy Birthday! Looks like you had an awesome time :-)
Happy belated birthday chick!
I like your colored denim shorts those are cute! I still get super excited about birthdays too but 26 was not so much fun this year..25 was wonderful! :)
Happy belated birthday! I'm so glad you had such an awesome day with your friends :)
Hope you had a great birthday! I am about to turn 23 and all I want to do is go to Dave & Busters. Haha I think I will never grow up.
Happy Birthday, girl! Looks like it was a fun but relaxing weekend! You and your friends are too cute. I love that you've been friends since preschool :)
Happy birthday pretty girl! :)
awwww...your such a baby! i didn't even realize you were that young! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!! Loved the pictures! Hope 23is good to you! I agree with ya on loving each birthday...every new year of life is such a blessing! :)
Happy Birthday!! I love the pictures!
Happy Birthdayyy!!!
Love the pics, it looks like a great day. Boating is always fun! annnnd now we're the same age so 23 really IS cool.
I have been 23 for a few months now, and it's been great! I'm sure it's gong to be just as great for you too, Erica! Once again, happy birthday!
23 was by far my most favorite year ever! :) Enjoy it! Happy Birthday love! Your birthday looks like it was awesome! Xoxoxo!
Happy birthday Erica!!!
I love your memories from birthdays gone by. I especially love that photo from the overheated car. I would have been crying too. I can only imagine the obscene amount of honking on top of the fear that you will explode at any moment.
Looks this your 23rd was so much fun!! :)
happy birthday erica :) hope you have a fabulous day! loved the post haha! and i agree- always love birthdays! mine is on FRIDAY! xo
First of all...Happy Birthday! I hope you are having a fantastic birthday WEEK!
I can't stop laughing every time I see the title to this blog post. "Look at me, I'm 23!" reminds of the movie Grease. Everytime I see your title, the "Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee" song immediately pops into my head! Hahaha.
Happy birthday again! :)
-Ali
that's so sweet that you all have been friends after all this time. 23 was a good year for me. that's when i met my hubby :)
happy birthday!
hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! this pictures are gorgeous..love the views :)
i'm an entire three years older than you #oldlady!!
your bday looks like it was so much fun...and these must be amazing friends to give up a comped hotel room with men dripping in sex!
happy birthday!!
Hope you had the most ballerist bday ever =) 24 was GREAT year for me. 25 was even better. and thenn...... then I took up more drinking every bday after that. haha
25 is a great age just wait and see something happens at 25 where you sort of figure it out well at least that's what happened to me and my friends;) I can't till 26 every year brings something different something better! I hope you had an amazing birthday:)
I too love birthdays and won’t stop loving them! Looks like you had an amazing birthday girly!
You are so stinking cute!! Glad that you had a great birthday!
Yahoo!! So glad you had fun (: You're adorable. Happy Birthday!!
So glad you had a wonderful birthday! The pics look like you had such a great time!
23 yOure a baby! Haha
Happy Birthday aggggain! Looks like you had a great bday, that looks so relaxin on that blue chair.
I love your pictures!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! :)
Happy Birthday!!!! Your photos look way too fun! I always look forward to birthdays too because they're such a fun way to be self-centered the entire day haha! :D
<3 Belly B
At 23, you can just be young and fabulous. hardy har har:-) But, seriously. you can! Happy Birthday pretty lady! xoxo
That's awesome, I'd take that over vegas any day. 23 is my favorite number so I have all the confidence in the world you'll love it, ha.
I couldn't WAIT til I turned 18 so I could buy porn.
And want me to tell you a little known secret that hardly anyone knows about me? (cause its a shameful shameful secret...) I got a DUI on my ACTUAL 21st birthday. How bad does that suck.
I have since grown up and have not repeated that poor decision, but jail scared the crap outta me! The jail story. I should blog about that one day.
nice hungover pic. I like.
I love your hungover pic, haha! I feel the same way.. what do we have to look forward to now that we're past 21?!
Looks like an absolutely wonderful birthday! Happy Belated! :)
i really like your hair do in the pic from your 21st. and now i want saltines and ginger ale. weird. were those pics taken at the cape?
Happy Belated-I totally just got my drivers license in January and were the same age, you go girl! (ps your blog is hilarious, I am trying not to laugh out loud at work as im reading through it)
Boston looks like such a beautiful place!
Xo
Post a Comment