PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.12.2011

Guest Post: Flying No-No's! Ashley from Run With Me

When we booked our flight to Florida, I knew that I needed Ashley to guest post for me. She is one of my absolute FAVS! We have had this long-running email thread that dates back to May where we talk about neat stuff like our sweet lives, dancing, and meeting hot men in Target. #BeJealous! Seriously though, she is one of the sweetest, funniest girls I have met and I cannot wait to meet her one day so that we can frolic all over HotLanta (aka Atlanta where she lives) Meet Ashley from Run With Me!

*******

While Erica is off enjoying the sun and churros at the most magical place on earth….(which some like to refer to as Disneyland) she asked me to fill in. 
 Naturally, I was honored. 
  
As Erica has shared before, she is NOT a fan of flying…..and since I LOVE to fly, I figured I’d pass on some of my travel tips and etiquette guidelines. E - even though you don't like traveling, I just know know you're the most pristine traveler...feel free to pass these on to your fellow fliers.

Earbuds, Earbuds, Earbuds – Whether you’re plugged into an ipod or a movie, earbuds are a life-saver against the whirl of the engine, that intangible “white noise” or, if your luck is anything like mine, no less than 5 screaming children. 
  
It's not a tea party- For some people, a flight is the perfect opportunity to engage that person trapped in seat C14 next to them with their lifelong story. If you sense a chatterbox, I recommend pulling out those earbuds and engaging fully in your movie choice. 

Think Twice Before Reclining: Who even designed the recline feature? “Hey guys…I have an idea…you know how people have about 5 inches to cram their legs and carry ons into? Let’s make the chairs recline so that on top of being crammed into their seat, somebody’s gross greasy head can also be in their lap too.” Now if that doesn’t say an “enjoyable flight, I don’t know what does!” 

You are not the In-Flight DJ - Not everyone enjoys Akon and Weezy (crazy I know!) And, I have to confess even I am probably guilty of this one since I am half-way to deaf. Except I play good music....like Taylor Swift. 

They let you off the plane, I promise - There's nothing worse than having someone up on you like you're in the club while you watch helpless and pray the 10 people in front of you unload their carry ons just a little faster ....I swear, the plane will not take off again before you have a chance to get off! 

Do not hide your cell phone activity from the flight attendants - Does it make sense that you are allowed to have your cell phone on the plane if it could potentially crash the plane? Of course not. But God knows your phone was still on during take off....and He is not happy about it.
 
….and lastly, should all these helpful tips fail, pack Benadryl. That’s right, I’m completely unopposed to drugging yourself into a non-stressful state of mind.
 Happy Travels E! 
 XO, A 
Hahah that last photo just makes my life. Thanks so much Ashley! I wish you were flying with me so every 5 seconds you could reassure me that we WILL in fact make it to the next airport.  And yes people, listen to Ashley because I have been a victim of some of these things! Like when an 8 year old felt THE NEED to recline her seat in front of me so she could set up her Barbie dolls all spread out. Sheesh!

Go check our Ashley's blog HERE! You will be glad you did. Lots of juicy fashion stuff, life stuff, hilarious stuff, and inspiring stuff!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Ashley said...

thanks for letting me put my huge face and teenager kissy lips all over your blog!

i already miss you like ca-razy but hope you're enjoying our southern heat with ya man!

and if you happen to create a scene on the plane and they have to detour to Atlanta, I wouldn't be heartbroken:)

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Ashley, you are hil-ar-ious.. and yup, the big man sure does know when you keep your cell phone on during the plane. and I can't believe that everyone doesn't like Akon and Weezy!! Whattt is wrong with them?!?

Abby said...

These are great tips as I'm flying to Altanta today! Alas, it's only a connecting flight to Vegas or I would stop and say hello! My plane pet peeves are reclining seats and too loud music blasting from people's headphones.

Jennifer said...

I also hate flying. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. I guess because you are not on the ground. It freaks me out.

Lindsey said...

hahaha love Ashley's posts as usual! She's the bestest writer evs! I hate when people put their chair backs. Anddddddd I refuse to talk to freaks on the airplane. I make it very clear I will not be engaging in their conversation by putting my head in a magazine, ear phones on and answer in one word answers only. I hate small talk with a passion.

Ashley Lynn said...

Great post!! I was on a flight once and the guy next to me didn't understand the earbuds rule! He kept talking to me and I had to take them out, pause my ipod, and have him repeat the question. And he still kept talking to me after I put them back in!

Unknown said...

This is so useful ... and true!
What I don't like at all is when people stand up of their seats and use the seat in front of them to hold themselves. So they finish pulling you back. Or the kid behind you that insists on pushing you.

I am thankful that at least on the very long flights (the 14+ hrs ones) I haven't got any problem like that.

So shay said...

Ahhhh this all so true! I just got back from traveling and I was the girl who put her seat back...and sadly I didn't care :( LOL!

Ash is the best!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Last week I encountered a whole row of children that insisted on kicking my seat. It was torture....I will say that I am guilty of jumping up and bumrushing the aisle.

Rissy said...

that last pic looks like some sort of commercial Ashley hahaha

ok so I used to LOOOVVEE flying and did it a good bit.. still love it, but miss it.

Except when the guy drinking Jack on the rocks ignored my earbuds AND hangover while he spewed alcohol smelled words at me. Seriously dude?

I. LOVE. DISNEY. Have so much fun Erica!!!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

hahah, ashley does it again! she is one of my dear friends and her writing never ceases to amuse and amaze me!

Michelle said...

I love love love this! I loveeee to fly too! It's awesome! Unless there is a screaming child on board, it's great! I always like to people watch at the airport too! LOL

Love you girls! XXOXO

Carolyn said...

This is great advice!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally needed this seeing as how I will be on a flight at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow :)

Megan said...

Ahhhhhhhhh, ASH!! I totally hate when you land and people JUMP up to start leaving...but the doors aren't even open. So then everyone just stands there for 10 minutes. Ugh. Haha. Loved this post!

Ashley said...

Classic Ash! Loved it!!!

Sabrina Says Blog said...

What great Tips!! I just Love you Ashley! I Love that you said God knows your phone is on!! haha I am seriously THAT person that has to send out that one last text!! haha

Oooops. Maybe I'll work on that! I wouldn't want to be the one that send the plane into a downward spiral!

Sabrina Says