Yesterday I was in the grocery store and saw the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever seen. I saw a 40 ish year old father holding hands with his 8 ish year old son. Both of them we wearing plaid shorts, Sperry's, and a collared shirt tucked in. BUT. Let me tell you something else that made me die laughing.
Both of them had popped collars.
Hello?? Didn't we outgrow this like, 5 years ago when people finally realized that they could wear a turtleneck and get the same effect? So okay...I must admit, popped collars look 10 shades of adorable on little kids, but I don't feel the same about grown men sporting them!
Let's theme this out a bit with a lil Three Six Mafia, okay?
My lovely gal pal Ashley did a post a little while ago about the SG...aka the Southern Gentleman. Ya know, the guy with the tucked in collared shirt, boat shoes, pants with ugly embroidery, etc. I'm here to tell ya that they do exist up here in the Northern region of the US! Though up here, they PAHPP COLLAHS!! (aka pop collars in non-Boston accent)
Why is this trend still existing! I wish I was lying when I said I haven't seen someone with more than one popped collar because BELIEVE ME...if you went to high school with some of the douche's I did, they were known to pop a couple collars at once! Pimp status!
And this guy? Well, I wish I could say I found this guy up here in Boston, but unfortunately, I found him on Hilton Head, South Carolina.
This pic does no justice. You should have seen his walk..so much swagga...and he kept adjusting his collar like it was his baby!
So my question to you lovely folks, what trend do you absolutely hate that still exists?!







29 comments:
yay! I'm going to follow you too...come to the meet-up it will be a blast!
ps. I love a popped collar but hubby refuses to wear one ;)
So I knew I had to follow you after seeing your "does that make me crazy?" comment on The Bargain Blonde's blog.
I'm pretty sure people who pop their collars exist soley to provide the rest of us with laughing material. The modern day court jester. I especially love when they are paired with a good pouty lip, slicked hair, and insane sunglasses a la Jersey Shore meets Wanna-Be Boater.
Oh it CRACKS me up when people still do this!!
I used to work for Polo, I saw popped collars like no other! One manager actually tried to make it part of our uniform. I think it's high--larious that people still wear them. I personally think they're uber annoying haha!
Haha popped collars drive me crazy too, douche alert!!!!
I'm laughing so hard over here. I just love your face. Hahaha! I can't stand PAHPP COLLAHS or Sperry's and pink polos. I can't STANDDDDDDDD super gelled hair that sticks up on your head. Ew.
Sandals and socks. No no no.
Pucka shell necklaces. No no no. Sadly I still see this from time to time.
One earring in the ear. Ew.
Bahaha. As I'm writing this, the creepy 4 popped collar shirt guy is staring at me. It looks like he's saying, "Tell me girllllll..." hahaha. EW.
Done.
Oh and stickers on hats. What's up with that!?
Oh gosh, it's so sad! It's like, they never got the memo that that wasn't cool anymore (or that it was never cool in the first place)
I'm your newest follower and am loving it already! And this is too funny! Great post! :)
Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com
oh popped collars... p accidentally had one and i let him walk around like a dbag all day b/c it was hilarious to me...
he still hasnt't forgiven me ;)
I hate popped collars just about as much as I hate dudes in Ed Hardy. Haha.
Omg, Candace took the words outta my mouth. If he's got Ed Hardy on, or those Affliction shirts that are so tight I can see their nipples, OR a popped collar, he's most likely a doucebag. Here's your sign!
hahahahahhahahahahaha i hate the popped collar
I third what Candace said but seriously that Coolness poster...I want it
Blahhh I HATE the popped collar!!!
And the guy with the four popped collars? Totally looks like a vampire. But not as hot as Edward Cullen.
OK how much do I love that someone said they had to follow after seeing your comment on the BB's blog. Oh, that would be me!
Umm I hate a lot of things so I wouldn't even know where to begin. How about Jesus sandals? Gross.
Hahahaha. Oh, this is hilarious!! Why do people think this is fashionable?? I'm so glad that my husband is NOT a prep!
Hhaha popped collars are douche-y and lame, but they've got nothing on socks and sandals. *shiver
Belly B :)
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
i LOVE this because I ALWAYS pop my kids' collars, and then I always try to pop my 46 year old husbands collar and he HATES IT and thinks he looks like an idiot! HAHAHAHA!!!!
omg LOVE this post.
I have never understood this trend and live in the South. Sometimes when I put my shirt on and the collar is up automatically. I just have to turn it down, so it is the right way. Or else it is just annoying.
Oh god...both of those guys look like tools! Get it together people!!
i absolutely HATE the short shorts/skirts with Ugg boots that girls wear out here...it's SO annoying!
Is it wrong that I think girls can pull of the popped collar but not the gents?!? Either way, I'm not the biggest fan either, though I'm usually a huge culprit only because I don't adjust my collar before going out and never realize its popped. Sigh
Im back because I was looking for your blog to add to my blogroll and I couldnt find it, then I was like, wait, am I NOT following Young and Fab??
How in the hell is that even possible?????
I thought I had been following you all along???
GOSH DAMN!
Well, I am not. And you are added to my daily reads. Gosh. Not sure how that happened that I wasnt ALREADY following.... seriously....
And I thought I was the only one who found popped collars ridiculous. The guy in the white shirt looks like a dumbass. Someone please tell him.
DYING!!! I love that that pictures is from HHI. I probably know him. lol.
And father and son popped collars....poor kid. it's like douche training! I remember when pink polos and popped collars were all the rage in college....it was about 10,000 shades of GAY!!!
but i have to say, i'm glad i'm not the only one dealing with it down here! ;)
Omigosh! Too funny! The one I was not sad to see go was the super-douchey upside down and backwards visor. Please tell me you remember that!
oh gosh, popped collars are the worst. i hope i never see that again.
Popped collars have always been one of my least favorite things on the face of the Earth. SO dumb.
I used to wait tables, and there was this annoying, old, preppy couple that used to always come in to eat after playing. They thought they were sooo young and hip or something, and always had popped collars. I wanted to slap each of them in the face for being such douches.
Harsh, I know. But that is how passionately I despise this ridiculous trend.
You always make me smile, Erica. :)
just followed! love this blog!
Post a Comment