PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.13.2011

Life, it'll getcha..and now I'm stuck

Warning: My life is not always cotton candy, lil wayne, fuzzy puppies and rainbows.

Lately, I've been feeling like this


And all I want to do is this


I know I can't complain too much about my life. It could be a lot worse. But I feel like everyone goes through rough times at one point in time, right!?

So, bloggy-world, I'm feeling stuck. Stuck as in, I don't know where to go from here! I was laid off from my job and have no real responsibilities anymore...so what am I doing here? I'm 22 and am having crazy thoughts of moving away for a year or two just to experience a different lifestyle. I can't think of a more relaxing thing to do than move to Savannah, Georgia or Charleston, South Carolina and find a low-key job where I can work part time and write a book on the beach on my time off.


Does that make me ca-raaazy?!

It's nice to dream about stuff like this, but as I sit here on my couch watching DVR'd episodes of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, I can't help but think, "what the eff is stopping me from doing this?!"

So I made my first step towards this hopeful life. I applied to three jobs in California, one job in Indiana, and one job in Virginia. As I hit submit, a sense of excitement came over me. A million questions popped up in my head. What if I get an interview? Where would I live? And...drum roll...do any of my blog friends live nearby? ;-)

I want to feel accomplished in life again...feel as if I am doing something worthwhile.

DEMON EYES
So my friends, any advice?! Have you ever been put in a situation like this where you want to drop everything and experience something new? How do I get out of this funk-a-roo!

Photobucket

32 comments:

Denise said...

yes, totally! i am so sick of being a student! (but thank goodness only for a few months more!) i guess life is full of adventures though if we really look for them :) x

Michaela said...

Sometimes I just want to leave school and start my business because I'm tired of going through the motions and tired of being away from family! But then I remember I'm going to school to better the rest of my life. hehe. Funks are normal...just do a few fun things you love, recenter yourself and think about your purpose in life! Do what you love, and follow your passion girlie (: I hope you start feeling better soon!!

Bree said...

I'm at such a crossroads too. I hate not knowing what I want to do, and not being able to find a small job in the meantime. Oh how I would love to move away somewhere for a year and forget my problems!

Stacy said...

I have a giveaway tomorrow on my blog - check it out - that's gotta help a bit!

Nikki said...

I have that bug too. I'm actually hoping by the end of the year I might be able to try it myself. Good Luck!

#unmatched said...

haha, I actually live in Virginia and fantasize about running away(back) to new england

Alex Byer said...

I feel you sistah friend. I'm itching for something new. Specifically a new location. But Boston is just so hard for me to leave. Now is definitely the time to escape and discover new places. You'll figure it out :)

So shay said...

I know what you mean butterbean. You are more than welcome to move to Austin? :) Just sayin'... I say GO for it. Do it. Do it. Do it. If it doesn't work out, then you can always move back. But if you sit there and don't venture onto this moving bug, then you will always wonder WHAT IF? Ya know?

Xoxo.

Anonymous said...

I think that is AWESOME and you have nothing to lose!! You are 22, you are young and.. of course FABULOUS! So no, I don't think you're crazy at all!! I hope something exciting comes your way. Charleston, SC is BEAUTIFUL!

OH? Did I miss something.. are you and lover boy still together? It would be hard to leave him, right?

Melody said...

I don't think your crazy at all! That sounds awesome! As Shalyn and Mary said, you are young and have nothing to loose! It's better to try it than to always wonder what would have happen..

Bre said...

I have lived in the same town my entire life and there are so many things I never did. I always wanted to live in Southern California, have a bartending job, etc. but I got bogged down in life to early with responsibilities like a car payment and a house payment. Not to mention the long-term relationship I was in at the time...which reminds me, what does Kurt think of all this?

I'm Jenn said...

I know exactly what you mean! I just graduated college and am not sure where to go from here. But life is such an adventure, why not move and do crazy things while you can :) good luck girl! :) xo

Blushed Pearls said...

I'm feeling like this right now too. I live in So Cal but I'm itching to move away to NY or somewhere for a few years for grad school..

Good luck on figuring it out! It would be really nice if you were able to

Chelsea said...

Just stumbled across your blog and good thing I did because this speaks right to my heart. I lived in Virginia my whole life and was always itching to move. One day I quit my job and moved across the country where I am now.

I learned a lot about myself and had to face a lot of harsh realities in my new "home" away from all my friends & family. I was recently laid off, making matters worse and all I've been wanting now is to move back to VA.

My advice -- search your heart and all your options. If you feel a tugging at your heart to drop everything and go somewhere new, then go. You're bound to experience something exciting and, unlike me, might want to stay there forever! But like I said, search your heart and find out what's right for YOU! Losing a job puts everything out of whack but gives us the chance to re-evaluate :)

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. When I was laid off, I felt like I was going crazy some days. I found that volunteering and doing other fun things made me feel like I was still accomplishing something. Good luck!!

Megan said...

We all get into funks sometimes! I say pray about it and if it is something that you are supposed to do, God will allow all the doors to open at the perfect time!

PS: Why no Louisiana jobs? BOO on you!

Amanda* said...

Everyone goes through a hard time. The best part is that it doesn't last forever! Always follow your heart and do what makes you happy and inspires you! Good luck!!

Ashley said...

funks are totally normal - just keep making positive steps towards the things you want to do. and watch friends episodes -that ALWAYS helps!

ps - don't move to savannah. it's major crunk at night. charleston is the best...well, after atlanta of course! ;)

good luck!!!

Bonnie said...

Honestly, I think this sounds like a brilliant beginning to a new life. I would be so excited! I would probably pee myself.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Lindsay said...

I so wish I could do something like this, but I'm way too much of a baby. Haha

Good luck!!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

story of my life. I've got nothin' but i'll be right there with ya trying to figure it out and helping along the way if ya need me toooo! <3

I think your application tactics are GEINUS <3 good luck love! apply for something in NC will ya? =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

NeuroticLover said...

I say good for you for having the guts! If I didn't have a little one to think about, I would totally pick up and leave, just for the experience! And, California is a big state, but it's where I live! :)

Ashley said...

VA is right above me...I'm North Carolina!

I actually just got offered to take a job in PA in 2012. I've never been away from my family, so all of this is a lot to take it. I've been praying on it and know that God will allow the right things to happen in due time, so I'm not even wasting my time stressing about it!


Everything will work out for the best...I promise! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Good luck pretty lady! :)

Anonymous said...

A year away visiting different places sounds amazing.. don't forget everything always works out for the best..Love your blog!

Fash Boulevard said...

Hey Erica. I totally know how you feel. continue being positive and making steps from your heart and you'll soar. plus how cute is that photo. lol. loving your blog. I hope you'll follow back. thanks for another great post. would love if you stopped by to see my latest outfit post and celebrity trend report. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

Michelle said...

Aww I know exactly how you feel! It's hard, but everything will work out for the best! You have so many great things going for you! You just have to follow what you feel is right!

I'm always here for you! :)

Love you!!! XOXO

P!nky said...

Come to VA...I'll show you all the awesome party spots!!!

You'll find your way girlie :)

Lindsey said...

I say you totally do it, I would love to do that but would never have the balls to actually follow through. I would be too scared to leave my friends and more importantly my nephew. But it seems this is the perfect timing for you to do so. Keep us updated, good luck!

Marian said...

I have advice...look into jobs in Baltimore...I have a guest bedroom...just saying;) But good luck...you are young...do what you want while you can!!

Abby said...

You should definitely move to Charleston. That's where I live and it's a wonderful place :)

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

I'm in VA!

Jacque said...

I feel like that all the time!! I'm applying for the Peace Corps, so hopefully I'll be living in another country for two years! I would love to pick up and move away, but it's always the issue of affordability! Good luck!