I saw my college roommates this weekend and we hit up Boston and Newport, Rhode Island. It literally made me so thankful for the friends that I have and the fun we have together.
It got me thinking about friends in general. We go through life meeting new people, making new friends, making enemies, losing friends...and it's just such a great feeling to know when you've found the right girlfriends. The one's who'll stay up until 5 AM with you talking about nothing, the ones you have email chains with EVERY DAY about the most random shit , and the ones you text when you're having a bad day and need a laugh!
While I usually don't dwell on the past, I can't help but still feel sad about losing one of my best friends. I heard this song by Tim McGraw today and it brought back some sad but good memories! We were legit...thick and thin, always together from pre-school up until high school. We just grew apart and boyfriends and silliness got in the way. I always say I want to work on our friendship again, but at the same time, I am so happy with the friends I have now. Is it worth it? Have you guys ever lost a friend?
I can't forget about my bloggy friends either! Who knew I could meet the most amazing peeps ever through the internet and have them NOT be 60 year old wrinkly men who watch The Price is Right all day?
Feeling thankful for the friends I have in my life :-) I love you all!







20 comments:
I had a best friend who I was friends with from about 8th grade to my junior year of high school. We just drifted apart and so badly I want to try to make our friendship like the way it was again, but I just don't know if it will ever be the same! I'm still trying, though. I'm just blessed to have the friends that I have now, though.
Close girlfriends are the best--they make you feel better about everything :) I'm glad you have such great friends! And it always stinks to lose friends, I've lost a few and it's unfortunate but it's part of life. The ones who mean the most will always be there for you :)
I lost a friend in high school :( We were best friends since 5th grade but we just feel apart. It sucks but i made some amazing friends along the way!
Awww I'm so glad your my friend lovebug! :) I feel the same way!
I lost a friend due to "sillyness" as you call it too last year and it still bugs me to this day. Everyone says I'm better off without her, but I still can't help but wonder in the back of my head if we will ever be friends again.
I think it's okay though to just remember the good times, and to not waste effort on someone who doesn't want to try at all to be your friend.
I'm a firm believer in TRUE TRUE friends. They will be there with you and for you whenever you need them. Almost like a marriage...good times and bad.
Xoxoxo.
You and your friends are so cute. I love all of your black and white outfits. :) Great post. xoxo
I would love if you could stop by my new celebrity style and fashion blog sometime.
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Haha! You're description of the assumed blogger friend is hilarious:-) I'm glad to say that I am not a creepy old geezer.
Aren't good friends the best? Quality over quantity:-) I've lost a close friendship this past year. It was the best thing for me to do, but it's still sad, of course! Like closing a chapter. xoxo
You are too too cute :) Your friends are lucky to have you!
I'm so sunburnt too. LOL Dang white girl skin. :)
I miss my college and military friends so much! But heart my bloggy BFFs! <3
I had a falling out with a really good friend this past fall, and while I miss her and the good times we had...the whole thing really made me realize how amazing my TRUE friends are and how lucky I really am. I think if you want to rebuild the relationship YOU SHOULD. But, it's good you have some awesome "core" friends in case things don't work out.
Oh noooo, I haven't been burnt in years! Sounds like the time with friends was worth it though!
Ewwww, sunburns. Mr. A came home a couple of weeks ago looking like a burnt red tomato. I, however, tan. Unless I am really out in the sun for a long time, and then I burn and then tan. It's a tanning process.
You would think that would make me a really tan person, right?
No.
I'm still pale.
I just get a darker shade of pale that I like to call "tan."
Fail.
http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
i think almost every girl loses her "best friend" at least once in her life. Sadly, it usually happens after HS. I was close friends with a girl from 6-11th grade. We did everything together. She started drinking and hanging out with others and i didn't want to be part of that crowd, so it ended up breaking up our friendship. I try to think of the good memories but it mostly saddens me to think of her.
I am so so happy to have you as a bloggy friend!
Oh and I am apparently a super dark person because at first I thought you meant your friend died...
I have mixed feelings about trying to repair old friendships... I think some people just aren't meant to stay in your life forever, but they are great while they're there.
Oh and I am loving your sassy little top and shorts. OWW OWW
CarissaExplainsItAll
love this post E! and i love you! i have lost a friend and then re-gained her - it was definitely worth it. glad you had such a fun weekend - sorry about the sunburn - i'm sporting one too! ouch!!
Good friends are irreplaceable! Love your shirt!
Friends are so wonderful! I really miss my college best friends, even though I'm lucky to see them at least once a month!!
Aww I love my high school girlies! Friends are awesome. So are blog friends (: I LOVE Tim Mcgraw, too!
I love this post and your appreciation for people. It's amazing how this blogging world creates real friendships. I love it!
This post made me happy :) LOVE YOU! It is very good to have friends that you can have silly inside jokes with, like pervs and animal farms and weird voices that no one else understands. and I got MORE burned sitting outside for an hour at lunch today, fml.
Post a Comment