PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.01.2011

Getaways and a guys nasty legs

This past Monday I went to Martha's Vineyard for the day.



It made me want to just retire. Literally..quit my job, pack up, and move somewhere like the Vineyard! Seriously...wouldn't you like it if the biggest decision you have to make ALL day is whether to go to the beach or go shopping in town? Or if you want a margarita or a cranberry/vodka? Or if you want to grill for dinner or go eat at an outside restaurant?!



So did you guys know most of JAWS was filmed on the Vineyard? Here's JAWS! Watch out..

Sometimes I literally want to just drop everything and just move away somewhere different...and experience just a low key life. I know people do that when they're getting older or what not, but sometimes I just feel like doin' it!



 
In other news, why are guys' legs SO DISGUSTING???



I was trying to be cute and artsy by taking pics of us walking the beach and was just so grossed out by Kurts legs. Well, all guys' legs for that matter. Like...why are they so pale and gross and have so much hair on them? Why does it look like they're wearing leggings? Doesn't that get annoying and sweaty? Luckily Kurt gets really tan in the summer and his legs don't look so pasty and ghostly and nasty and sickening. Why can't guys have pretty legs like girls?

Rant, over! Love you all!

Photobucket

18 comments:

Holly said...

I agree, I'd love to move somewhere new and just relax away from everything! Great pictures, looks like a fun time!

Thanks for the comment and for following! I'm following yours too now :)

Lindsey said...

Pretty pics, I want to go there! And gag, I CANNOT stand hair on guys. BARF. Seriously just gagged. I know they are pretty much all hairy, but it's still gross.

Raquel said...

hahah i totally agree about the gross guy legs! Luckily my boyfriend has really light brown hair on his legs so it's not that gross, but he is so pasty pale!

Stacy said...

I am reading a book right now that I think is set in martha vineyards, if that is a place and not just a vineyard...its called My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! I wish I could live a life like that too!

Bonnie said...

I think all guys' legs are ugly, too.
They can't help it. They were born that way.
... Or so Gaga claims.

As for being short and wearing maxi dresses, I have seen other bloggers pull off the look, but I just cannot do it myself. I look awkward and stumpy. I'm 5'1", and I just do not feel that I am tall enough to wear a maxi dress. Pity.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Cori said...

I agree with the hair legs and then they just stop being hairy at the mid-thigh...not the most appealing.

Ah, you have inspired me to just pack up and move away too. haha. Now, if I could just make money by doing nothing...
ILoveLucyJean

Michelle said...

HAHAHA! First, I love your pictures! They are beautiful! Great job at being artsy! <3

I totally agree about guys legs! I HATE hair! They totally look like they have leggings of hair on! HAHAH It does like better tan but still I hate when it rubs up against me and my hairless legs! HAHA

XOXOXO

Ashley said...

I would love to drop everything and move somewhere I've never been. Maybe start a whole new life...lol. Change stuff up a lil' bit!

I love the pictures! Nice try at trying to make the last picture sexy. I agree, guys hairy legs just aren't cute! haha

oomph. said...

sure does sound nice...i could get used to sipping drinks on the beach, grilling, relaaaaxing! and too funny about the legs. for me, it's not so much the legs as it is the FEET!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Petchie said...

Haha I am totally grossed out with guys feet too!! My fiance's feet aren't too bad though because his leg hair is blonde so you can't really see it!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Alisha said...

Beautiful pictures, my dear! That first one is my fave!! And yes, all guys' legs are hairy, white and just down right gross..

Ashley said...

im sure kurt totally adores you writing about his sick and nasty legs! lol. however - this is a point that is very true! i am so with you on packing up and just going somewhere - i know i just moved and i love it here but i still think it would be cool to go somewhere with no jobs and no plans pre-set! fun vacay pics!

Unknown said...

I totally agree. If I didn't have a family here, I probably would have moved away at some point just for the heck of it.

Rissy said...

if you moved to the Vineyard, I'd be forced to visit ; )

I think it is SOOO weird when guys shave anywhere but their faces. Seriously... dated one who shaved his arms... umm hi, that's weird. I do see what you mean though. leggings? hahahaha

your jorts are fantastic!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Megan said...

Hahahaha. Poor Kurt!! Guys legs are yucky though. But I'd rather them be hairy than shave! It freaks me out when they shave their legs!

Megan said...

a. girls are just the better species.
b. i want to retire. i mean, 25 seems like a good age to retire.

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Bahahaha!!!!!! Leggings? You are too hilarious!!