PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.23.2011

Pageant mamacita!

It's midnight and I am glued to the TV watching Toddlers and Tiara's.


I just can't physically stop watching it! I am amazed at the money these people spend...amazed at the outfits...the transformation...the SPRAY TANS...and, drum roll please, the flipper. Oh..not sure what a flipper is?


Fake Teeth! What? Were you born with a perfect set of chompers?

So I'm all for pageants. I secretly wished I was born in the South and was a teenage pageant girl. I love glitzy and I love glam. However, I'm not sure about putting my kids through this misery.


I mean, my sister and I used to put makeup and dresses on my two little cousins. Wait, did I mention they were boy cousins?

Would you put your kids in pageants at such a young age? Or have any of you?! While I'd make a pretty awesome stage mom, I'll stick to letting my kid eat my lip gloss and play with my makeup.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Lauren said...

I watched last night & could not BELIEVE what some of the pageant moms do to their little girls. The tanning & waxing alone is what scared me the most, I just don't get it I guess since I never did pageants either haha!

Raquel said...

I totally agree with you. I would NEVER put my kid in a pageant. Thats so terrible for kids who are so young, still learning, and developing. It's terrible. I was reading an article about young girls in pageants, and there have been a lot of protests and talk about banning those pageants (which i'm all for that).

Hannah said...

I too LOVE toddlers and tiaras! It is addicting, and that mackenzie is downright hilarious! I think for some girls it is a bad choice, but some seem to genuinely have fun, and thats what its all about! I just don't like the psycho mom's who live vicariously through their 5 year olds haha (which is majority of the show unfortunately!)

Bonnie said...

Dude. So disturbed right now. They look like pre-adolescent Barbie dolls.
They are going to need years of therapy.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Holly said...

That show is so nuts lol. It's amazing how much these parents push their kids to do all of it! My mom put me into the "Little Miss Cuyahoga County Fair" pageant when I was little...a county fair pageant lol meaning I was going up against girls who milked cows and played in the mud for most of the day, haha. I won one year and loved it, but I never had a big dress or fancy hair because it wasn't that kind of pageant. I loved dressing up and would have *loved* to do the fancy dress pageants, but my mom never wanted to put me through that and I really thank her for it. A lot of these girls grow up to be fine, but I'm sure some of them regret being forced to do all of this and be "perfect" at such a young age. I feel the same way about kids sports, btw.

Clare said...

While deep down inside I feel terrible for being so entertained at the expense of these little girls, the show is HILARIOUS and I am a serious T&T addict!! Yes the moms are totally living vicariously through their children, and the girls will eventually turn into strippers, seeing who wins "Ultimate Grand Supreme" is the highlight of my week! [Sidenote: I would have looked sweet in a flipper] Unfortunately my friends/family aren't so supportive of my obsession. That's ok by me though, I often threaten my boyfriend with the consideration of making our future kids pageant babies!!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Have you seen this awesomeness? Someone posted this link on my blog and I LOVE it ::

http://youtu.be/dPLWKBWkn3s

Bravoe Runway said...

SCARY......Especially 1 of the contestants above looks like she had botox in your lips!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

LOVING your blog! Thank you for being so honest & keepin it real. ;)

And frankly, Toddlers & Tiaras sends me into a full blown panic attack, so I can't watch it, but I'm so glad you're holding it down for the rest of us. Hahaha!

We're now following your blog & I'd love for you to visit ours when you get a chance! If you enjoy it, give us a holler back. =)

Thanks girl!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

The Michelle Show said...

I'm definitely not down for the pageant thing. I love glitz and I love all things girly - always have... but ballet and dress up was more then enough for me! I'm sure if I have little girls and they are as girly as I am the first thing I will be buying are tutu's and 'play' makeup like I had!

Abby said...

The whole baby pageant thing kind of creeps me out. I'm from the South and my (much-older-than-a-baby) sister does pageants. She is 26 and the current Miss SC United States!

Ramblin' Blonde said...

I love pageants! I am a southern pageant girl, but I would never put a baby in one.

Unknown said...

I would put my kids in pageants if they asked to do it. I don't really have a problem with the spray tans and the flippers if its the girl's choice and if she's having fun. But I don't like to see parents forcing it on their children.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

I think its a little bit child abuse and a little bit wishing you gave birth to a barbie instead of a baby.

crazies =)

Anonymous said...

I personally think they are creepy..I mean these 5 year olds look like 25-30 year olds. It's just not right. You can put your children in pageants but let them be a kid "Little Miss Sunshine" style!

Unknown said...

I ADORE that show! Eden is such a rockstar. However, I would never ever ever enter a child that young into a beauty pageant. I don't have anything against beauty pageants but 5 is just too young. I'd wait until they were a little bit older.

Raven said...

OMG! My sister and I have been watching that show and it's CAAAA-RAYYY-ZZZYYY!!!!! It's absolutely horrible!! Those kids do NOT like it, the moms may say they do but when they lose, they are so disappointed and they cry and it's just torture! What about having kids be KIDS?

Im like you though, glued to the show but appalled at the same time!

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

I think it is insane how much money these moms are spending on such tiny girls and for such dumb things!!! I cannot help but think what better use those thousands of dollars could be used for... Most of the time, it seems like the moms are desperately trying to live through their daughters' lives. So disturbing!

I honestly have never understood the point of pageants.

Bad Joan said...

These pageants are crazy!! Way to young for the hair and make up and the pressure! BUT it good entertainment. :)

http://www.blog.badjoan.com

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I can't see myself putting my kids in pageants. I can understand when they get older and they want to do them then I will be supportive.

Meri said...

Did you see the Tom Hanks spoof on Toddlers and Tiaras he did on Jimmy Kimmel? If not, you should check it out on youtube, its pretty funny!

Michelle said...

I can't believe these pageant moms! I could neverrrrr do that to my child! It's pretty fun to watch though, I must say!

xoxox

Ashley said...

that show is so disturbing! it's like porn....you want to look away but you just can't! haha

i think the teeth are the creepeist thing....what 5 year old has a full set of adult teeth? sooooooo creepy-tastic!