PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.22.2011

Lazy wife in training

Sometimes I think I'd make a pretty shit-tastic wife. And I don't mean shit-tastic like FANTASTIC. I mean it as shitty!


My parents are in Charleston, SC for the week visiting family, relaxing on the beach, golfing, and all that jazz. That being said, they asked if I could stay at the house a few nights of the week to make sure everything is safe, and more so to check on my sister, who also had to stay home because of work. Oh, my dear parents...they left us this little note!


I rosed out phone numbers because some people might stalk!! ;-) But yeah we are 21 and 22 and need a little list of reminders. Shhh don't tell them Kurt was here! (sarcasm)

Anywho...back to me being a bad wife. So Kurt and I are staying at my house for a few nights and I had him bring over the laundry from our apartment because I'd rather do it in my house than in our scary basement at our apartment! We did laundry. Nope. Kurt did laundry...and I watched.

why do all basements look basement-y?!
I just didn't feel like doing it AT ALL! I was being lazy. And we cooked dinner! No, Kurt cooked. He grilled BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and fries. And I sat on our back deck with Candy the camera taking pictures.




I like to bake and cook, but only when I feel like it. I like to clean, but only if I get into a cleaning mood and want to go all OCD.

I know Kurt gets frustrated that I don't always like to help..and I can't blame him. But will I be a bad wife? I like to think I'll make up for it by being a fun wife who will dance unannounced, leave cutesy notes in his lunch, and plan fun weekend getaways.

Okay so I'll go with that!

Photobucket

16 comments:

choose to be happy blog said...

haha you make me giggle! I don’t really cook very much either. But I like to tell Austin at least I can clean, that has to count for something right? One time i made Austin and i lasagna...and forgot the pizza sauce. hahaha i cried. Publix (do yall have Publix there) well it’s a grocery store here and they have this simple meal area, where there is a recipe and ALL the ingredients you need! i grab them every time i go so i can have SOMETHING.. ANYTHING to help me attempt to cook when Austin gets back from baseball in September haha.

and girl, if we just become famous bloggers, then we can hire maids and chefs to do all those wifely duties :)

The Michelle Show said...

I think everyone has their bad wife/good wife qualities... I am very maternal, and I love cooking (and dont mind cleaning either, depending.) - but I CANNOT HANDLE DISHES!! I just flat out refuse to do them until I have no clean dishes left. I need a dishwasher darnit!
Also, I'm going to be one of those wives that wants to be around their husband 24/7, so he'll have to take the cooking and cleaning as my trade off :p

Michelle said...

HAHAHA you kill me! love the list!

You will be a great wife when the time comes! :)

love u! xoxo

Melody said...

hahaa that sounds like you described me! lol Josh (my bf)does most of the cleaning and cooking. I just do the laundry & not even all of it. I bring half to my job for wash & fold lol

Ruthie said...

This cracked me up! He can do some of the work too, so no need to feel bad haha

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat! I don't feel like I'll be a bad housewive, I just feel like my boyfriend will be a better housewive. He is a clean FREAK, I, on the otherhand, am not. He ALWAYS cooks, and does the dishes after he cooks, and does laundry most of the time too. So you're not the only one!
xo,
Jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

LMAO.

I love the list! My parents still do the same thing for me when I have to stay at their house.

I don't think you'll be a bad wife. At least Kurt will be entertained 99.9% of the time! LOL

That chicken looks yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I don't think ANYONE enjoys doing laundry! And don't guys looove grilling? It's 2011, the 'wife role' is out the door. It's time for a man to start cooking and cleaning! :)

Abby said...

Ha, this is great! I loved the note your parents left. I live at home for the summer, but my parents went out of town for a few nights and I was left to care for our 7 pets!! It was an ordeal but fun

Tonya Hunter said...

Atleast he knows what he is getting into before you guys do get married!:) No false advertisement! A lot of girls act one way to get the guy, and then it all changes once they say "i do." Being a wife is great!! My husband and I for the most part stick to our "roles.." I take care off all to be done inside, and he takes on the outside duties. Though its nice to come home to suprises. Ill mow, and he did the laundry. TEAM WORK! Make it fun..I think you will be great at that.

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

I mean, Kurt's shirt says "King of the Coals" so he obviously has that cooking under control!! I wouldn't even attempt grilling if I was dating the King of it! lol

My parents (i.e. my mom) leave notes like that whenever they go out of town, as well. My mom will detail everything that needs to be done, and it can make me feel quite incompetent...

I think you will be a great wife with those fun getaways and cutesy notes!

Meagan Noel said...

Haha. I bet you'll make a fine wife. Men are better at barbecuing anyways :P. I'm sure if your doing so well in your relationship now, the marriage should be great for you.

Ashley said...

i think i was born to be a real housewife....because i can't cook at all and i don't love to clean.

i think i was just born to be fabulous ;)

Raven said...

love that you named your camera. Now I must think of a name for mine. hmmmm this is hard.

heck I've been married for almost 7 years and I STILL hate to cook and clean. It sucks and it never gets better.

and the cutesy notes? yeah, those will stop too. marriage sucks also. JUST KIDDING!! totally kidding on that one.

Megan said...

"im a stay at home son"

hangover 2..anyone? anyone?

we might be the same person

*hangs head in slight shame*

i hate cleaning. what is clean to me is dirty to another person. i just dont see it.

Marian said...

Bahahahha, I love Megan's comment above me...stay at home son...bahahahaha!!

Anyways, I totally know what you are saying...I'm kind of the exact same way. My husband has to cook and clean most of the time. But for the record, he does get home earlier than I from work...so it technically makes sense that he should...but he still complains.