PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.15.2011

People watching is my THANGGGG

Let me just say ... I freakin LOVE people watching. I've said this before: I think it's because of my love for journalism. Journalist's need to be creepy/stalkerish to get a story right? That is TOTALLY me.

Last night my boyfriend and I enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner together on Newbury Street in Boston! It was so much fun! The night before Valentine's Day I said to him that he should wear a pink or red dress shirt to work to be festive and he actually did! He wore his pink shirt. But I knew he would wear that one so I planned accordingly, and wore a pink cardigan that was the exact same pink as his shirt. hehehehe! He was pretty embarrassed buuut it's okay. It was Valentine's Day :) We got back from the restaurant last night and came home to this:

2 dozen roses! :) Omg they have bloomed so much since last night. Good Job, hunny! 

Back to people watching. We were in the restaurant and seated one table over from this couple. Literally I could not stop watching/eavesdropping on them. They were SO AWKWARD! I couldn't tell if they were on a first date at first, but then I figured out they weren't.

They ordered onion soup and some cheese dip thing for an appetizer and rather than putting it in the center of the table to share, they each took one dish and kept passing the ENTIRE DISH back and forth from each other. So if the girl wanted a bite of the soup, her boyfriend passed the plate to her and they did a switch-a-roo. So So weird..plus, who even shares soup??

My poor boyfriend was trying to force me to look away and stop creepin' hahah! Don't worry ladies, I was still being romantic with him...it's just my journalistic skills came out in me. I then saw them exchange gifts. He got her a card with some sort of massage/spa day and he was like

"Baby, I think you really need to go and relax for a day. 
This will be SO GOOD for you. You need to relax."

Then they made out across the table for a few minutes. But THEN! I heard them order. They ordered one burger but asked if it could be cut in half so each could have one half. So the waitress brought over a burger cut in half, and they each got their own plate. Okay we were at a pretty fancy place and these burgers were very fancy looking. Does anyone else think this is strange?

Then another couple came and sat 2 tables away from us. They were just strange. The boyfriend (assuming?) ordered a drink before his date even decided what drink she wanted. So the waitress had to come back and wait for the girl to decide! haha I was just in heaven watching this awkwardness. Meanwhile, my boyfriend and I were having a blast and eating delicious Filet and DUCK FAT FRIES. Holy Moly..they were delicious. Fries made in duck fat oil. Who'd ever thought?!

I somehow thought of this video and it's hilarity lol pause the playlist!

I had a splendid Valentine's Day and might have gotten pretty tipsy off of one Martini but heyyyy it's V-day! Hope all of you had a great day as well :)

xoxoxo

13 comments:

brynn said...

tha back of yo head is ridiculous!

omg. i can't believe someone else loves this video...i thought i was the only one :)

Rissy said...

o-my.god. I watched that whole video and it was HYSTERICAL!

I still can;t get over how funny your playlist is as well... and by funny I also mean awesome.

I have some great stories about awkward couples from my server days...

oh and once my bf's best friend and I discussed a girl at another table's fake boobs for most of a meal.... it was special haha

Megan said...

Sounds like a fabulous Valentine's Day! I love that y'all matched! : )

We people watched while we ate, too! There was a couple next to us and he brought a newspaper!! He read the newspaper during the WHOLE dinner! It was so weird!!

Preppy Twin said...

That is one of my favorite videos! My girlfriends and I were actually quoting from this video last night. too funny :)

Danielle said...

I always wondered why some restaurants have a "split plate" charge. I guess this is why. Who does that?!

ty said...

OMG, I did the same thing on our date! There was a couple behind us at dinner that just SCREAMED awkward. We decided she HAD to be an escort. Judging by her general demeanor and his astoundingly poor looks, I'd say we were right.

Sam W. said...

haha, great stories! sounds like a night to remember :)

.:Chelsey:. said...

I love people watching too. I try to seem as inconspicuous as I can while doing it though haha!
Glad you had a great vday with your hunny!

Megan said...

I love this clip, delicate!

Chelsea Finn said...

Haha. This made me laugh. Dont worry, I agree they definently seemed a bit strange. Im also a people watcher.
Im glad you had a good valentines day. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Maybe the strange couple was trying to save money? lol..

Liz said...

New to your blog and kind of think it's awesome that it opened with an old NSYNC jam. Love it!

Hannah said...

Hahah I love your matching outfits story :) but don't worry I could never hate you for that!!! I'm sure you guys looked amazingly coordinated!!
It sounds like you had such a lovely Valentines day- spying on people and all :) haha xoxox
Hannah