My boyfriend and I went to bed last night at 11 PM because we were absolutely EXHAUSTED! So we go to lay in bed and somehow get to talking about the Lil Wayne concert we're going to in March. We're talking about his songs and stuff and then had a heated discussion that went sorta like this:
Me: oh my God I am so freakin excited for this
concert you have NO IDEA! What song do you think he's gonna start with?
Kurt: (in a grumbling, tired voice) I don't know, Erica.
Kurt: (in a grumbling, tired voice) I don't know, Erica.
Me: Well I think it's gonna be something good
Kurt: Obviously
Me: I think it's going to be A Milli
Kurt: (waking up a bit now) No Way!! That's not a headliner,
it's gotta be something more popular that just came out to get the crowd going
Me: Are you dumb? The crowd is already
gonna be riled up because of Lil Wayne
Kurt: Yeah...but it won't be A Milli
Me: It will
Kurt: Oh I'm sorry...I didn't know you
created his set list
So this goes on a little bit, and we decide to make a bet of which song he's going to open with, which then leads us to going on Youtube to find a video of his last concert we went to at Jones Beach to see what he opened with. Unfortunately due to the dumb girl filming and screaming like a banchee (ok, I'll probably be screaming too), we couldn't see or hear the song. After we had this "discussion," I just smiled to myself.
Little stuff like this makes me happy...talking/bickering to my boyfriend about what song Weezy will open with. It inspired me for a blog post.
I'm constantly inspired by this one blog called Enjoying the Small Things, by Kelle Hampton.
She writes about the little things in everyday life that even though sometimes go unnoticed, or unrecognized, they're still awesome. For me...
Getting one of those snack size Starbursts and finding the
best colors inside...red and pink.
Flipping through channels finding a good, old movie that just started.
A hot shower when it's freezing out.
Finding a shirt in your dresser that you forgot you had
"Just Because" flowers (though they obviosuly didn't
go unnoticed, I just love em'!)
Watching a manly man hold and take care of
his baby (so flippin cute)
What little things make you happy or feel good?
I hope you all enjoy your hump-day! 2 more days until the weekend and only 5 more until Valentine's Day!
xoxox Erica









17 comments:
Yeah you win, all of those things make me happy :) plus riding in my car with the windows down on a sunny day with my radio up.
The manly-man/baby combo melts me. And PS, I'm totally gonna have to tell you the story about my sister accidentally starting a rumor that Lil' Wayne died. Spread over the Fayetteville campus like wildfire.
tell the boyf that A Milli is totally a headliner! I am soo jealous you are going!
Aw such a great post!! I agree, little things are what truly matter. I love it when a stranger goes out of there way to hold the door open for you. I also love it when some of my favorite old songs (think spice girls or backstreet boys) are on the radio.
xoxo
cpf
I agree with you A Milli would be a PERFECT headliner. It's got that great interlude at the beginning with just him talking, you are so gonna win that bet!
Little things that make me smile:
Overhearing a kids laugh
Baby hiccups
Pretty pictures
Seeing an old couple holding hands
Puppies
Have a great day!
Great pictures!! I love men holding babies too can't wait to see my hubby hold our future baby :-) I looove starbursts too yum. xoxo
Ugh I don't know what happened to my othet post! New follower here and loving your blog! Youre so cute and funny! I'm such a sucker for Kelle Hampton's blog. I live in the same town as she does and whenever I'm out and about I always secretly hope I run into her... like she's a celebrity! I too love manly men with little babies... I'm super lucky that my hubs is one of those guys, he just makes my heart melt to see him with our kids :-) this was such a cute post!
You're cracking me up with you love for Lil' Wayne! I totally expected your music in the background to be one of his songs!
I love your list. It's great to just stop and smell the roses (:
men are cuter than babies :)
hahaha did that Lil Wayne convo start with "so my bloggy friend and I were talking about Lil Wayne today?" hehe just kidding.
Oh so I took my bf in high school to see Honey and apologized profusely for the next few days. I just did NOT like that movie. Sorry : (
Does your boyfriend have a child? because that pic is precious.
I also love the pic of you and your boo right under Weezey because no one would ever look at that and think "yep this couple loves Lil Wayne" hahaha
LOL, "oh, I didn't know you did his set list." That's too funny. I love finding an old movie that just started on tv too, I feel like it's a small present. haha.
Sorry Kurt... Erica and I will be going instead! You obv. don't know whats up! =) bahahhaha!
love ya!
xoxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
I love getting a double pink or a pink and red starburst pack. I one time got a double yellow and was so sad. Why do they even make yellow and orange? And I absolutely LOVE just because flowers. I got just because nerds today, so that was also fun!
I love the bickering. <3 Brandon and I were bickering last night about something I can't even remember now ha! (that's the time I need to get out my laptop and immediately write down the convo we just had).
I'm jealous of your 'just cause' flowers ;) One of the small things I appreciate is when I'm having a crappy day and Brandon sends a sweet text just to tell me he's thinking of me or he loves me absolutely makes my day!
Pink and red are the BEST "flavors"!!!
haaaaa i love that you're going to see Lil Wayne! this post is so cute. Hot showers, running, and Taylor Swift in the car make me happy :) oh, and when hubby packs me a lunch. hahah
Post a Comment