PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.31.2013

Swinging kettle bells and toning the tush!

I want to let you guys in on a little secret. As much as I like to say/think to myself I want to eat healthy as often as I can, I absolutely cannot do it on a daily basis---I hate it!

Some days as I'm crunching on a piece of celery or eating a granola bar that tastes like the Sahara Desert, I can't help but want to scream. Why do we put ourselves through this misery! However lately I've just felt a little bit blah about myself. It's not that I hate my body, I just want to feel better about it, you know!?

Back in the day, my screen name was GymnasticChic--and for a reason! I did gymnastics quite a bit and at one point in time, had a killer, toned stomach! {Damn I miss that haha} 

The past month or so I've started to change a few things! Less handfuls of chips as I walk by them (still working on that), drinking more water, upping my workouts, less handfuls of crackers/chips...oy..but have seen major differences!

Last night I made the Tone It Up Perfect Fit Pancakes
And I thought they were really good!
Except I used Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup #ShitSorryHadTo
Jemime's knows what's up


And then Kurt cut me up a watermelon and gave me a slice the size of Russia


And then....let me just tell you this. I confided in my Massachusetts turned Southern Belle Christina/X-Tina about a workout that scared the absolute crap out of me.

Kettle bells....
dun dun DUN

I went out and bought myself a set, after promising Kurt I wasn't going to swing one into the TV, our fish tank, or his ball sack. Then Christina sent me a killer kettle bell workout series and I'm HOOKED. I am beyond excited to start using these for every part of my body! Watch out Kurt's ball sack, the kettle bells are in da house.

Truthfully for me, I feel like it comes down to eating better and making sure I stop snacking as much so I can make the process easier. Experimenting with different workouts is fun and exciting to me, to see a transformation, but the snacking bit---ooooohwee. I need help I would LOVE to know how some of you curb your snack cravings; and don't tell me to chew a piece of ice like some people tell me haha because how in God's name does ice taste like an M&M ;-)

Happy Hump Day!

Photobucket

7 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

keep it up girl! Every single little M&M that you say no to helps fight the good fight! HA!

Katie said...

HAHAHA Ice and m&m's are NOT one in the same. My trick to snacking is to just not have it in the house. If I have it in the house, I WILL FINISH THE BAG IN .2 SECONDS. It's just how it works...

kettleballs are amazing though! tell xtina to send me that workout of hers. :) love you

Christina said...

ahhaahhahah i really like how you referred to me. the longest more accurate name ever. xoxo love you and i'll be on the hunt for more KB workouts bc they are SO awesome.

KRISTIN said...

Good work lady! Chips are my weakness! There is NO way I could live without them. What kind of life is a life without chips?! Those pancakes look yummy though!

californiadreamin said...

Im with you, sister! I would much rather have some pizza or mac n cheese, than my salads MOST of the time. I do love some fresh veggies, but damn, I'd love to have that blue box in my belly! Kettle bells are no joke, you're awesome!

Katie Did What said...

Yayyy I LOVE Tone It Up! :) I always do their workouts and they have some damn good recipes, too. I still haven't actually bought a membership, but it's probably going to happen sometime in the near future. Also, kettle ball workouts are amaaaaazing.

xo

CheapRunnerMichelle said...

I've been enjoying "jello light" chocolate pudding, and I just make it with skim milk...satisfies my sweets craving