PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.29.2013

Weezy Cake, Monster Yachts and Birthday Love! {Weekend Shenanies!}

Hi friends! It's been a while, eh?! :-) I want to thank you all SO SO much for all of the birthday love last week! I'll tell ya...25 started off amazingly!

I thought I'd give a brief little recap of my birthday, since I love to extend my birthday for as long as possible haha! (I like to celebrate birthday weeks!)

Wednesday night, Kurt and I went into Boston straight from work to celebrate! We hit up Post 390 in Boston where we started the night with some drinks! Let me say...the Sangria was FLIPPING AWESOME!!


We had the most amazing mexican dinner at Lolita Cocina and Tequila Bar! Okay so Kurt usually asks me what I want for dinner on my birthday and we go there. This year, I couldn't decide so I gave him 5 places and he chose! We usually go for Italian, seafood/steakhouse places so this Mexican was a little different for us!

I'd been here before and was seriously talking about their cucumber jalapeƱo margarita ever since so I knew I needed it!! Dinner was fantastic and with your check, they give you a heaping mountain of watermelon cotton candy--hell to the YES! 25, you are amazing so far. I think this is going to be an awesome year!


This weekend, we laid a little low on Friday night because Saturday my parents took us out on the boat for the day into the night for more birthday celebrations! My parents, sister, her boyfriend, Kurt and my 2 best friends since pre-school all went with us!

My friends know me too well. Not only did they show up with cake-flavored jello shots for me, but this cake. Which I absolutely DIED over.


Lil Wayne funfetti cake...equipped with the GRILL!
God I just love them!! :-)

We did a "floating pub crawl" in which we took the boat to tons of different bars in our area, docked, went up for food and drinks and had such an amazing time!


We also saw a 235 foot yacht named AVIVA the size of Russia come roaring by us into Boston harbor. It was from the Bahamas and after some research, we found out it's someones legit boat--not one that's chartered by different people! Unfortunately it wasn't Lil Wayne and the Cash Money crew who owned that boat, but if it was, you bet your ass I would have jumped out of our boat and swam to Aviva!! ;-)



It's days like these where I love just being with family and friends. We had such a perfect day, drank lots of delicious drinks, ate many different types of food and had great conversation! I'll say it again---year 25 is perfect! :-)

Sunday Kurt and I slept so late and then went to Costco for some things that we needed...aka an excuse for me to run wild and get as many samples as I can fit into my mouth. Costco samples=THE BEST. We went for a run around Boston as well, and went to stake out the Aviva yacht yet again. We saw 2 guys walking onto it. I wanted to flash them so they would let me on, but they would probably have to use binoculars to see my goods ;-)

All in all, it was a great weekend! Speaking of Lil Wayne, the next big countdown is on...I am seeing him this SUNDAY! Holla Freakin' Back!

Link up with Sami!!

Sami's Shenanigans

Photobucket

16 comments:

Pamela said...

I swear there was a yacht that looked JUST like that one when we were in the Caribbean in March!! Can't remember which island we were at! Looks like you had a FUN birthday weekend!! :)

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Watermelon corron candy sounds amazing!

Glad you had a fabulous birthday wknd :)

Big Apple, Little Bites

Melissa said...

OH MY GOD, that cake! That is a freaking classic. So glad that you had a great birthday weekend/week/month. :) xoxoxo

Becky said...

That cake is awesome!!! What a wonderful birthday weekend :) I can't believe that is someone's boat!!! What do those people do to buy stuff like that?! This post made me even more excited for my cape cod vacation next week!!

Christina said...

You look beauuuuutiful in your dress!! Love that cake. Hysterical!

Erin said...

And I thought I had an epic weekend. That cake is absolutely amazing. A floating pub crawl needs to have my name on it next time you go. And that YACHT?! Holy hell. I'm marrying whoever owns it.

Stephanie said...

All I got from this post is THAT CAKE IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!! Seriously!!! I bet you about shat yourself when you saw that!!

SO SO glad you had a great birthday weekend! You most DEFINITELY deserved it!

This whole floating pub crawl thing..Texas needs to GET ON THIS shizz! We are missing out!!

Love you!!!

CheapRunnerMichelle said...

you had me at Cotton Candy...in my opinion the best candy ever invented!!!

Sami said...

Watermelon COTTON CANDY?? I need. Also that cake is the tits for reals. I'm jealous you're going to see him because I wanted to see him and Wiz and nobody would attend with me. ROOD.

Ashley said...

you are the cutest muffin! so glad you had such a fab birth week!!

and that cake is amaze! perfect for you!!

XOXO

Lauren said...

That cake is beyond awesome, looks like a fun birthday girl!!

The Southern Thing said...

I just about died when I saw that Weezy cake! That is pure perfection!!

I'm so glad you had a fab birthday!!

And that boat is siiiickk. When I went to the Atlantis a few years back there were tons docked just like that. WHOOO are these people!!?

And speaking of boats, where are these bars on the water you speak of? That's all I've been doing this past week since I've been home and can't wait to find some water front places when I get back to Mass!

Amber said...

What a fabulous birthday weekend!

I need to make my way up to go to that restaurant. Any place that brings cotton candy with the check is my kinda jam.

That cake is amaaaazing and so perfect for you!

Carolyn said...

Looks like SUCH a fun weekend! :) I love the Weezy cake... so perfect for you!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

Happy belated girl! Mine was Tuesday. It looks like you had a COMPLETE blast... but I have to ask; a jalapeno margarita?!?!!? OMG! I love the cake! I saw you on the link up :)

http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Um happy belated birthday sister friend!! Sorry I'm such a bad bloggy friend :/