PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.02.2012

That time I was so dumb

Today I just felt like sharing a quick funny story because my family and I were talking about it last night!


Once upon a time, in 8th or 9th grade, one of my classes was having a discussion about Euthanasia. You know...intentionally ending someone's life in order to free them of pain. However, I must have only been half paying attention.

So at the end of class, my teacher told us she wanted us to write a paper by the end of the week on Euthanasia and its effects, etc etc. As soon as we got out of class, I panicked! I hadn't paid attention at all (rebel without a cause). Someone in class told me we were to write a paper on Euthanasia. Still, I panicked.


I went to the library that night and got all sorts of books and looked up articles and stories online and everything I could.

So what was the problem? Well since I hadn't been paying attention...like, AT ALL, I ended up researching and writing a paper on the YOUTH IN ASIA. Aka....kids in Asia. Yup. I'm dumb.


I wrote about how there were laws in China about families only having one child to prevent over-population, gender imbalance, and anything else that related to the YOUTH IN ASIA. My teacher said she laughed so hard she couldn't fail me. But since I didn't do it right, I ended up with a C on the paper. I'll take it!

So I wish I could tell you I'm making this up...sadly, I am not. 
Go ahead. Laugh! 
I do! And so does everyone else that knows this story! 
And I promise you I did graduate high school with honors! I'm not a real dummy!
Now, all of y'all know :-)

Photobucket

47 comments:

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's so funny. I could totally see me doing something like that.

P!nky said...

Bahahahah that is hilarious! love the story! Thanks for sharing, I've done something like that....

Happy Thursday!

Courtney said...

That is hilarious!! I'm pretty sure I've done many things equally retarded. Mine usually involve asking really embarrassing questions at the wrong time.

Rissy said...

Erica... any time someone said Euthenasia for years, I thought they were saying Youth in Asia. And I'd always be like hmm why are people for or against this... seems like its going to exist no matter what.
haha we are both dummies ; )

Christina said...

that is freaking hilarious!!!!

Jessie said...

OH my geee! This is PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

hahaha that is awesome!!!

MaviDeniz said...

LOL that is hilarious! Definitely makes for a good story

Xo

Jen said...

I just laughed SO HARD.

It's reminding me of something from when I was little, and thought some phrase was something else that it sounded like, but I definitely can't remember what it was! too funny.

ashleigh said...

oh erica;
how i love thee
hhahah =]]

Nobody said...

omgah i just peed a little.
seriously.
YOUTH IN ASIA!

KRISTIN said...

I love you more and more every day. I am dying!!! That is an amazing story.

Unknown said...

hahaha wow that is so funny! Good for that teacher - I probably wouldn't have failed you either =) great story!

J and A said...

bahahahah that is freakin awesome. Love it. Seriously THE BEST.

arianapia said...

I didn't get as far as writing a paper but I definitely thought they were saying Youth in Asia as well.

One day we were discussing it in class (prob middle school) and someone asked to spell it...

I had to go home and look it up. I was SERIOUSLY confused!!

Amy G said...

Hahaha that is too funny. I wouldn't fail you if I was your teacher either! I bet your teacher still tells the story about your paper! Thanks for making me giggle!

Lauren said...

Oooooh my gosh, I love this so much!!!

Michelle said...

LOL you are too much! This was hilarious though! I wouldn't have failed you if I was your teacher either! ;)

XOXOXO

Megan at Megan Can said...

I just lol'd so loud at work! That is so funny! Thanks for sharing that!

Ashley said...

LMAO! erica, you are tooo funny! :)

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

Hahahahha! Oh my goodness! That is awesome! The fact that your teacher still gave you a C is equally as awesome. You know she shares that story, she must!

Brianna said...

DYING!!! I would do the exact same thing though (:
I have many moments like that... and people question my intelligence alllll the day, and I'm just like "I promise I'm smart!" haha

Unknown said...

hahahahaha. fantastic!

Whim Wham Life said...

bahahaha! That awkward moment when:-)

I bet it was the best darn paper on Youth in Asia that she ever read!

xoxo

Bre said...

I love you. LOL

p.V.e said...

Hahaha this is toooo funny!!! I could see myself doing something like that on accident!

That's awesome you still managed to get a C though!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I'm dying...this is totally something I would have done!

Katy said...

Classic! I think we all have a story like this at some point in our life. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Hahaha!!!! What a funny story! Aw! Don't worry, we've all had those moments at some point! LOL! :)

Molly S. said...

hahahahhaha this is the greatest thing, EVER! I would have totally given you an A instead of C. I mean really, that is freaking AWESOME.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Haha that's hilarious!!!


It's an honest mistake, because they are said the same lol

Ashley said...

This is why you are my favorite! you are the best ever!!

Taylor said...

Hmm..so are you on some major text thred while you were supposed to be paying attention!? girls we have to ban Erica! she is getting the smarts knocked out by all our jibber jabber!

This was pretty hilar. and thank goodness your teach still gave you a "good" grade

Christy said...

Hahahaha!! You're hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Hahaha. You are too funny!

Stephanie said...

OMG I totally used to think the same thing TOO!!! Fortunately, for me, we never had to write about it but I swear...until high school I thought it was "Youth In Asia" also.

We're geniuses. THis is why I love you.

Marian said...

Best.Thing.Ever. Thank you zoo much for sharing...just what I need to get through a Friday;)

MelissaMichelle said...

That is the best thing I've ever heard in my life. You're swell.

-Melissa

Nhart said...

Dont feel bad I did the exact same thing...except someone informed I was wrong before I turned in my paper so I was able to write it about the correct topic

Lins @ Country Roots City Living said...

This totally had me cracking up! I can't believe no body told you the correct topic!

http://countryrootscityliving.blogspot.com/

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Hahahahahaah, you epic girl.

That teacher probably still loves you.

Megan said...

Hahahaha, this is awesome!!!! I bet she really did laugh so hard when she started reading your paper!!

Ashley Slater said...

THAT IS THE BEST ERICA!!!!!!!!!!! ahh, that is so funny! I would have given you an A just for the laugh! :) ahhh, I love you!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

LOL that is too funny!! Love it :)

Mimi said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! This cracks me up! Sounds like something i would definitely do!! R u my long lost sister?

Aesthetic Lounge

Jesslyn Amber said...

Bahahahaha!! Best. Story. Ever!!!

Emily said...

That is hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard reading this! I will probably bring up this story a thousand times this weekend... if i can tell it without laughing hysterically!