A couple fun things for you all today! First, last week one of my lovely friends, Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, posted about a short story link-up and I literally got so excited. I miss writing short stories so much and I had to try this! Basically Ashley gave us a list of sentence starters to choose from. I chose an interesting one about a girl possibly having an affair. Not sure why I chose it but I thought it was one I could have a bit of fun with! Relax peeps, I'd never have an affair. Ready? Here goes!
********************************************************
She watched his lithe body saunter away. “You’re engaged,” she reminded herself. Lily had been working late the past few nights to ensure her deadline would be met for the column she’d been working on. Working late also meant spending more time with Jack, one of the magazine’s graphic designers. As Jack went to leave her office, he stopped himself and turned around.
“How late are you planning on staying here tonight? It’s almost 10:00!”
They were the only ones left in the office at this hour, and for the past few nights, he had made sure to wait until she was done so she wouldn’t be alone.
“Honestly, go home. I will be fine! I have just 5 more sentences to write,” she exclaimed.
She looked down at her BlackBerry and noticed a missed call from Nate, her fiancĂ©. Poor guy. She’d been coming home late for the past week and had barely seen him. As she went to call him back when she noticed that Jack was still standing in the doorway.
“That’s it. Close the laptop and let’s go get fried dough and a slushie,” he said.
Lily glanced up at him. She loved the way his dirty blonde hair looked all haphazard and tousled. And the way his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows showing his muscular forearms.
“Fried dough and a slushy? What kind of combination is that!?” she inquired.
“It’s the type of combination that’s going to get that fine ass out of that chair.
Move it or lose it,” he said as he walked out of the office.
Sweat started forming on the edge of her forehead. Walking through the city at night with Jack excited her! But what about Nate? Would he care? Would I tell him? She wondered. Grabbing her bag, Lily stood up and walked towards Jack’s office where he was putting on his NorthFace jacket.
“I’ll only get fried dough if we can get extra powdered sugar,” she flirted a bit.
Stop, stop, you’re engaged! Tell Nate! Call him and tell him you are going to grab a snack with a co-worker after a long day of work. There’s nothing to worry about. Just tell him.
But she couldn’t. She couldn’t bring herself to call him and tell him. Her fingers furiously typed a message to confirming she’d be home by 11 the latest. Though for some reason Lily knew she wouldn't be home at 11. Something about Jack intrigued her. Something about Jack made her mind go absolutely crazy. She'd longed for this day ever since she started working closely with him to design her column. Turning towards Jack, she told him she was ready to go.
"Good. This will be fun," he said with a coy smile.
To be continued!.....
********************************************************
Guess you'll have to wait to read the rest! And in a completely opposite tone, it's Valentine's Day and I've got a hot date with my man! Actually, we aren't sure what we are doing yet because I entered a contest to win a Valentine's Day dinner by submitting 7 things I love about my loved one. So Cheesy...haha I'm That Girl.
Happy Love Day :-)









14 comments:
OMG! Love your story. Please continue. HAHA :)
As for the V day contest... you better win!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Good luck friend.
You're such a great writer! Continue the story, please!
I love that picture of you and Kurt! SERIOUSLY LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Good luck with the contest!
XOXOOX
you are a great writer! And you're so spunky haha. Happy VDay! -Melissa
SUCH a great story so far! i'm totally hooked! i need to know what happens next!!! :)
Great story hot stuff! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of you guys!!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you!
Great story, can't wait to read more!
Happy Valentines day!
From one journalism major to another, you know I can appreciate this post. I would totally do this if I wasn't too scared of what people would think. I COMMEND you my love bug because this takes guts and it was fabulous. I want more!!!
You and Kurt better win the contest - I can't think of someone else who deserves it more. I'm still in love with those posts that y'all wrote about each other.
Happy Valentine's Day to Erica, the hottest body, sweetest comment writing, hilarious, Wheezy loving beetch I know!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO
You are such a great writer!!!!! As an English teacher, I give you an A+!!! I want the rest of this story already!!!!
Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo
ohhhhhhh what happens?!??! you need to do a part 2, for sure!
Happy Day of Love to you and your man! ps.. I'm totally that kind of girl, too.
sounds juicy! i loved your short story! please do a part II or at least tell us what miss thang ends up doing ;)
happy v-day love! hope you and kurt had a great one!!
eeeeeek love the story! call nate call nate! or dont. it might then get a biiiiiit more naughty :) hehe
love you pumpkin pie!
daaang girl! you are such a good writer! this was so spicy! can't wait to read part 2!
hope you had an amaaaazing valentine's day! XOXO
I want more story time!!!! I got totally sucked in, you little devil!
Post a Comment