PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.19.2010

Wedding Fever!?

I haven't blogged since Friday!  I don't know how it works in the blogging world..do we blog on weekends?  Is it like a job where we take it off?  I don't know!  But I really didn't have much time to blog this past weekend.

So I have wedding fever.  I don't know what it is.  I'm 22, and want to just plan a wedding!  I follow a bunch of blogs where girls are engaged, girls are planning their weddings, girls living their lovely married life and I just get very anxious!  
How cool is this Tiffany's cake with mini cakes!

I've been with my hunny for 4 years..we aren't engaged..but I just get so excited about stuff like this..what can I say. So yesterday, as my boyfriend cooked dinner for us, I was furiously typing away on my laptop.  I was browsing wedding sites, vendor sites, photographer sites..frequently asking him if he would like tall centerpieces or what he thought about a photo booth.  He had no idea what I was searching on my laptop, so naturally he got suspicious after questioning him about centerpieces, garters, and chicken or fish.

Every time I watch "Say yes to the dress," I go on their website and search gowns upon gowns.  I already know I'm going to be the family with the big entourage that the girls HATE!  Kleinfeld Bridal will definitely be on my list of wedding dress stores to visit! I've already decided I want a late spring, early summer wedding and have a light blue and white nautical color theme wedding in Newport, Rhode Island at the Belle Mer.  Did I mention my dream wedding is a lot of $$? Haha yeah..it's a dream, people...but we'll see.  Now all I need is the ring!

I don't really know what got into me! Has anyone ever had this problem when they weren't even engaged!? I don't want to rush our relationship but how long is too long to wait?  We are very in love..both have amazing jobs (though I just started mine a month ago).

Plus, my college roommates want to be in a wedding! Haha! Am I too young to think about marriage?  College just ended and I'm starting life in the real world..but I cannot get this wedding thing out of my lil head!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think there is an appropriate age -- though I don't condone getting married in your teens lol. I had this problem after a couple with whome we are friend got married (8 months into our relationship)! I didn't ask him things or share with him I just let him know that I did want to get married one day in my life (though I didn't say to him at the time). I think it's very natural for women to look at wedding and want to plan. You have to fight the temptation to want to plan and google and call and look at photos. It's SUPER hard. Try talking to him about what he wants out of life. I did that with J when I started feeling this way and he kind of set a timeline - as in, if we didn't propose by our X anniversary, he wasn't going to. Weird and talk about feeling pressure lol! It will happen at the perfect moment.
*whew* sorry that was like a book! =)

Café Moka said...

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years now and we are still not engaged! But I would love to get married! I'm 25 and he is 28!
But I don't pressure him, because I know it will not work!!!

Christina said...

I dated my guy for 4 years, we just got engaged in July. We were pressured from others all along the way, but I didn't feel the need to rush things. We both knew we were in it for the long haul, so I just trusted him to propose when he was ready. I think it's best just to make sure that you are both under the same understanding that this relationship is leading to marriage. Don't push him, but just tell him that you're going to be honest with him along the way as you feel the wedding bug bite :) Nothing wrong with talking things out...I think that's the best thing! Good luck!

Unknown said...

At 22 I was totally single and career focused.. at 25 I met my now husband and we were married after 14 months... so I never had the wedding bug! It's a fun world to be sucked in to!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog is so cute...love it. I totally had wedding fever just like you! I think it's normal...especially because there are tons of blogs out there dedicated to wedding stuff...you can't help but become obsessed! As for a time line, it's different for everyone. When you both are really ready, you'll know!

ty said...

It's definitely not as fun when you're trying to figure out how to pay for it :)