PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.12.2010

Halloween time means candy! But who is health conscious then?

One of my favorite times of the year is fall.  And that reason is Halloween!

I got out of college in May and spent my Halloween's dressed in the smallest outfits possible, celebrating Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday night, while people watching like crazy as Lady GaGa's and naughty nurses pranced around campus.

Okay so I'm out of college and working..I dont think I'll show up to work close to Halloween wearing a sexy firefighter costume!  Phooey..I'm getting old!  Now, celebrating Halloween will consist of handing out candy to cute kids, dreaming about college-life Halloween, and stuffing my face with all the deliciousness that comes with Halloween.


I went to Walmart last week and saw the Halloween candy right in front of me..I didn't purchase..I just looked!  I don't want to put on the "after college lazy girl 15." 


Worst Halloween Candy! Thanks Yahoo.  

Click for Black Widow Cocktail
I work out at least 4 times a week and try to eat healthy, with the slight indulgence once in a while..but this blew my mind.  Since when are Reese's bad for you..they have peanut butter..peanut butter is protein right?  okay okay I know it isn't healthy.  But why does Yahoo need to put articles out like this right around the holiday season!  During Thanksgiving, they tell you how many calories are in that scoop of mashed you just consumed.  During Christmas, they say not to eat too much honey ham.  And now Halloween...the one night where it's okay to eat candy!

Thanks Yahoo! I'll be eating my chocolate while sipping a Halloween-ish cocktail!

Do you indulge?  Or do you say "screw it" for the holidays?

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, totally agree with you about the Yahoo food articles thing!

Also, let's just agree that Reeses are good for you! If you and I both agree to it, it makes it true =)

New Girl on Post said...

I indulge. I mean, it's the holidays, you might as well have fun and make the most of it!

tootie said...

I thought all candy eaten on a holiday is calorie-free ;)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Hello! I am your newest follower! I just read an article about which candies to eat!! How funny!! Isn't it so interesting?!

Have a great day!


http://latache-t.blogspot.com

JMB said...

NOOOO not the reece cup!!! That is my favorite chocolate, ok other than a TWIX!!

Café Moka said...

I love candies! I knew it was bad, but that bad.... hum!!!

Check out my new blog:
www.ilovecafemoka.blogspot.com

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Candy corn kills me!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Yahoo too! I was SO bummed to hear about Reese's - I'm adopting your philosophy instead!