PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.09.2012

A secret to tell you guys

I have a secret to tell you guys! This is the first summer I have ever worked. EVER. And it's absolutely kiiilllling me! And my lack-of-tan.

I realize this makes me sound like a piece of sheet. Why hasn't she ever worked in the summer? What a lil brat. In high school I had a very small, part time job, and then during college, I worked throughout the entire year as a tour guide so I didn't work during the summer...shh! :-) I freelanced for some newspapers over the summer for some cash money flow, but never had to get up at 7, get ready, and go into an office!

So my point? I've been spending a lot of time outside and on the boat the past few weekends and for the 4th and it makes Sunday nights SO depressing! A few snapshots from the 4th of July where we anchored in the Charles River in Boston with a million other people for one of the best firework displays in the entire world! I invite all of you next year!!










I was at a friends cookout Saturday night and got to talking to some girls she worked with who were from Sweden! They were the sweetest, cutest girls in the world..all tall and blonde. Anyway, one of them was asking how vacations work in America. She went on to say that most companies in Europe have their employees take 2 weeks off every summer. 

HELLO? If I didn't hate flying so much I'd fly to freakin' Europe right now and apply to jobs! Sure, people here like to take vacations in summer, but these people in Le Europe are encouraged and almost forced to take time off during the summer. Come on, Obama..if you want me to stop hating you, start enforcing mandatory summer vacations!

We chilled, grilled, played ladder ball,  swam, and drank Skinny girl (well, I did) yesterday at the beach on the boat. It was pure HEAVEN.




Happy Monday! From a girl who wore a too cheeky bikini and now has a sunburned booty. Gang-Sta.

Photobucket

16 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think we should all get summers off! HAHA Or at least Fridays! :( I'm not asking for a lot!

Simplyheather said...

I've never had a job during the Summer. Somehow it's worked out like that for me. It makes me happy but I know it's going to change eventually. Probably SOON is when I start getting serious about careers and mula and what not. Eh. Having mandatory Summer vaca would be totally amazing.

Raquel said...

I WISH I didn't have to work during the summer! :( Boooo.

Your 4th looks like it was amazingggggg!!

Stesha said...

I have the summer off this year, and am loving it!! but i would rather be on the beach in boston watching fireworks, how fun! Happy Monday!

xx

So shay said...

Okay bullet points here I come:

1. I miss you so much it isn't even funny.

2. I truly believe we should have three day weekends.

3. Your weekend looks like SO much fun. I wish I could photoshop my head in all of them.

4. Your tush looks perfect and I wish I had your body.
5. I can't WAIT to come visit you. I am literally counting down zee days.

arianapia said...

i was right in the harbor for the 4th as well. right before the mass ave bridge! it was awesome. i love all the boats that tie to each other and make friends!

i mean really, could it get better?

i would like to institute 3 day weekends. i worked only 2 days last week and it was pure bliss!

jes @ twosmuppies said...

so so so many great pictures!
i wish i could not work summers and just lay out and do NOTHING. but alas, this thing called life is preventing us :)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! We drank SkinnyGirl all weekend too! Love it.

Stephanie
www.theblondekitchen.com

Lauren said...

I've worked several summers now and I hate it. It makes me envy teachers sooo much - but only during the summer because I would hate being a teacher, for real.

Looking fab as always!! I'm jealous of all your boating :)

Rissy said...

nope.... nuh uh... I'm not even kind of jealous of your bikini bod (complete lie)

Next summer we can quit our jobs together. I'm ALL for that! Seriously

We can swim to sweden. Want to try?


CarissaExplainsItAll

Rissy said...

or I guess take a boat (seriously E, I didn't even think of a boat until now-- I was like hmm no plane? Ok I guess we have to swim) AND YOU WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT BOATS! I'm losing my sheet.

Unknown said...

there are some companies here in the states that have "summer hours" meaning they don't work on fridays. but really - monday is what sucks the most.

Tiffany said...

Haha I couldn't agree more...Obama should def. make vacations manditory! Maybe people wouldn't hate him so much.

Julia P F said...

I would probably still hate Obama, even with summers off. However, I think he should give it to me and wish for the best. I so heart Skinny Girl! It is the best diet that doesn't taste like diet drink ever!

Katie said...

Wanna know what is depressing? Me missing you esp when you send the most amazing flowers across the states to be delivered to us!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE YOU.

You look precious and these pics of Boston have me DYING to get out there (as usual I know I say this 50 times)

love you so much sis! thank you so much for the flowers!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's why you need sunscreen, even on your arse!