Awww, there's one of my highschool senior pics! I'm not naked. Though I might as well should have been. My photographer and his wife were swingers (and talked openly about it!), and I remember when I was getting my makeup done, looking at a wall of photos and seeing his wife in a wet white t-shirt on the beaches of Hawaii. Yup, I saw the nips.
So after looking through the list of invitees and those who accepted, I pretty much knew what kind of reunion it'd be... One big, "ohh YA DUDE want some BEEERS? Remember when we got completely sloshed in the woods? Remember when we let all those eels and frogs loose in the halls? Remember that ugly nerdy girl?"(Trust me...most of the people I went to high school with were all like this ha!)
Basically, those who have accepted are all the people who were considered "cool" back in the day. Cool because they drank, had sex, wore belly shirts, white Polo hats, fresh white kicks, and enjoyed taunting some of the nerdy kids I went to high school with. SO cool, man!
Though I was friends with a lot of different groups of people in high school, I still haven't decided if I want to go or not! Sure it'd be nice to see everyone, but I feel like high school reunions are different than they used to be. Back then, it was a nice surprise to see people you haven't seen in a while.
But now, I know everything because of Facebook! I know that Susie has 2 kids, and that Billy's one night stand is expecting a child, or that Joe and Kelly are engaged after dating for 1 month. It doesn't seem as surprising as it probably once was! Plus, it's only been 5 years...I'm pretty sure no one has changed one bit.
some prom? me and sissy!
So I'm asking you all this! Have you been to your high school reunion or would you go? Do you think people have changed a lot since high school days?










26 comments:
homegirl...i have a high school reunion every time i go home (homeschool nerd alert!). haha.
i would SO go - but that's just b/c I'm jelly and never got to go to prom, football games or homeroom!
i definitely think people change from their high school years (this being said from a middle-age 20's person) Side Note: I went to an event the other day where I had to fill out a form where the options were "early 20s" or "late 20s/early 30s" ....OMG - SO mean. I stood at the registration table for like 10 minutes).
Anywho...I think you should go, take Kurt, and rock some body-squeezing dress! Think of your bloggers - we need to hear this story :)
I had mine this last Spring... and didn't go. I still see way to many people from high school and like you said- facebook tells me everything I need to know. Maybe my 10 year.
So jealous. We never had our 5 year class reunion because our class officers were idiots. you never said - what kind of reunion is it? Bar, restaurant, etc?
I'm kinda looking forward to my 10 year reunion because they're talking about renting the picnic area at the local minor league baseball stadium. But we'll see what happens ...
We never had a 5 year... I have my 10-year in two years and I'll probably try to go to that one. At the 5-year mark we had three types of people... The ones who have been living on mom's couch since HS, partying it up like a "rockstar" and posting pictures of passed out people with genitalia on them... and the ones who went to college and are in their 5th year with no end in sight and are living on their own couch and posting pictures of passed out people with genitalia on them... and those that graduated and/or are working and you're not totally sure what they're up to 24-7 b/c they don't throw their dirty laundry out there, but you do know what they ate for breakfast occasionally (thanks for FB of course).
I'd say just go and take Kurt and take it all super lightly... no big deal ya know?
You are so awesome now (as I imagine you were then), you should show it off.
More senior pics please! little Erica is just as gorge as 22 year old Erica
Well we don't have a 5 year reunion but I will have my 10 year in about 2 years. I might go, might not. I'm still so undecided. I pretty much talk to the people I want to talk to now so I don't see the point in going. BUT I love the stupid gossip and seeing what the other people are up to. Hah! I just need some drama in my life sometimes to laugh at ok?! Don't judge...
I wouldn't go to a 5 year reunion. That is still too fresh. Wait until your 10 year when everyone has kids and is married and what not.
I probably wont go to mine. The people I care about from HS are still in my life, so why go see people I could care less about? But thats just me!
My TEN year reunion is coming up this Fall & since I'm still living in the same hometown I went to hs in I feel there isn't really a NEED to attend but we still might just for fun. We didn't have a "mean girl" click but you better beluieve I could go the rest of my life without seeing some of the jerks I went to hs with haha. I feel like if I wanted to see them now I make the effort or see what they ar up to on Facebook at least. I think that has def changed the whole "reuion" situation bc people really do know everything from social media sites now a days unlike the older days :-)
My 10 year class reunion was last weekend and I've been wanting to do a post on it but I haven't had the chance to go through all that memorabilia. I didn't go for 2 reasons.
First your right with Facebook what's the point? You know everything there is to know and if you want to talk you just bring up chat.
Number 2 was there was a lot of drama going back and forth about the location the activities etc. I had to live through that behavior once I don't have to subject myself now. I want to try and go for my 20, I think maybe by then they will have changed and grown up.
I graduated HS in 2002! So next year is supposed to be my 10 year reunion but I don't know if someone will plan something for the occasion!!!
You are right, with Facebook, it's not the same thing! You already know everyone's life!!!
5 years isn't long enough to seem worth it to me! I would wait until the 10 year reunion because then things will be a drastically different and hopefully everyone will be more mature.
Love your Sr Pic. You look gorgeous!! My 5 year should be coming up to but haven't heard if we're having one or not. I would go though. It's always fun to see what past friends you haven't seen in a while are up to.
Have a great day, Kara XOXO
Our class didn't have a 5 year reunion, but I would have NOT wanted to go to it! If we have a 10yr one I would consider it, because maybe people would be different by then.
I wasn't a fan of high school, and the people I want to keep in touch with from that time are still in my life today so I don't feel like I'm really missing out, ya know?
I was actually wanting to go to mine (it was just a couple months ago) but we weren't able to make it. Thank goodness for Facebook and people posting waaaay too much info so that we can keep up on everyone huh?? ;)
We don't have 5 year reunions, but I guess we will have a 10 year reunion (if the class president decides to arrange it or whatever). I doubt I will go. Like 95% of my classmates are on my facebook. I hated high school, so I doubt I will. If I do go, I will make sure I am super awesome so I can rub it in their faces lol. Less than 3 years away!
I'd definitely go!! It will be fun to see everyone. We don't have a 5 year one, just a 10 year one.
Oh and that last picture of you is GORGEOUS!!!
Okay get this, my former classmates/horrible people that somehow ended up being in charge of the reunion planning, tried to put together a THREE YEAR reunion. Really? Don't we all still see each other? Aren't you all still in junior college...together? (Not to say anything bad about junior college, but these people saw each other every other day!!) It seemed completely ridiculous to me, and it didn't actually happen, but the fact that it was ever in the works? Kinda crazy. I've yet to decide if I'll go to my five year, just seems anticlimactic. Thinking I'll wait it out to ten.
My ten year is next summer, and I've been contemplating the exact same question.
You should go though, make a fun date night out of it. Plus getting dressed up is always fun.
this post just made me smile so much haha I can't believe they openly talked about being swinger infront of a senior in high school haha I am loving your blog, happy I found it :) new follower over here!
Ugh mine is this month too. And the people I went to high school with.. sound just like the people you went to high school with. I'm pretty sure I'm not going!
I didnt really want to go to my ten year but did and was so glad that I did! It was great to see everyone and catch up.
I did not go to mine. wait, yes I did. but not because I wanted to. Well, I went to a private Christian school that had 13 graduating people in my class so I went. It kinda sucked. I probably won't be going again.
this comment sucked. I have been out of the blogging world for like 4 days now and I have lost my super powers.
You're killing me! 5 year high school reunion? What's the point? Everyone is doing the same thing, most people are still in college and living with their parents. I chose not to go to my 10 year reunion because I didn't like the person I was in high school or the way that the people I knew would be there treated me back then. All the people I want to be in touch with, I am. The others, I get to stalk on FB. LOL!
I completely agree! I don't see the need for reunions anymore with Facebook because just as you pointed out, we already know all of the juicy details about everyone's lives!! No reunion surprises, which is semi lame and disappointing :/ I would go to my five year reunion just to see the people from high school that weren't necessarily my closest friends but who I miss seeing and interacting with on a regular basis!
Don't lie.. you're totally naked ;) Yeah I think that FB has killed the curiosity of reunions.
SHUT UP! I live in a town full of swingers. When we moved here 3 years ago, it was one of the first things that people told me: WATCH OUT FOR SWINGERS.
Post a Comment