Ok so, after almost 2 months of planning/figuring out, I finally hit SUBMIT on Expedia.com to book my plane ticket to see these two little cherubs!
EEEE!!! I cannot even begin to explain the excitement I have to see these lil ladies in just 9 days! AGH!!!
Okay but onto something a little bit more important. I haven't told my mom and dad yet. #woops. I've kind of narrowed it down to 3 options:
1) My flight is at 7:30 AM. I could text my mom at 7 AM and say "hey mom,
I'm on a flight to Texas to see two girls I met on the internet. I gotta shut my
phone off or the flight attendants will have a bone to pick with me."
2) I could just lie and tell her that I'm going away for the weekend to east bum
New Hampshire and won't have any cell service for the whole weekend.
3) I have thought about just texting her a pic of me in a cowboy hat one
day this week and saying"I'm going to Texas in two weeks to see
some friends," and then just hope for the best!
My parents will probably be weirded out and worried, but what else can I say?! I need some advice! Have you ever met a blogger and had to explain to your parents/friends that you feel perfectly safe traveling to see them? EEE! I'm 23 years old and still scared of my parents. #baby
Anywho, I just had to tell you that it's finally happening! Ya Ya Ya BayyyBayyyy!!! I can't be 110% excited yet because I'm so scared to tell my parents. HA! I am a pathetic mess.
Give me advice, yo!







36 comments:
hahaha oh gosh i laughed so hard at this...mainly because when you say you are going to meet your bffs that youve only met via the internet you sound like a total freak case. a. because they are your bffs and b. because you met them on the internet
i usually go with the "just talking to my friend" or "just going to see a friend" and leave it at that.
also.
im jealous because i REALLY like those girls you get to blate with.
i feel ya girl; i dont think my mom would be to thrilled either; but just go with option three; and say they are some friends who moved to tx and you are going to visit them! =]
I had a blate this summer and she and her 2 kids stayed at my house. I didn't think a thing of it until my mom reminded me that I didn't know her. I guess I'm a trusting sole. She turned out to be just like I imagined her and not a mass murderer. Your mom will be fine. I would think it'd be best to not keep it a secret - makes it look like you're trying to hide something. Have fun!
What is a blate?!?!? (I feel sooo yesterday not knowing)
I think you should just tell your parents the day before, going to visit friends they don't know. And then AFTER you get back explain. That's what I did when I was in Spain. You are doing them a favor saving them stressing over you.
I'm 28 and STILL have to ask my parents for permission... ;)
xoxo
I vote for option 3.
"My parents will probably be weirded out and worried, but what else can I say?! I need some advice! Have you ever met a blogger and had to explain to your parents/friends that you feel perfectly safe traveling to see them?"
Beth didn't really mention it to her Mom until the night before. I mentioned it to my mom over dinner one night when she was visiting. Luckily she reads my blog every day so she had an idea of who Beth was. She seemed a little sketched out, but was fine with it.
It just sucks because I feel like the more you try to justify flying cross country to meet someone you've never actually "met", the crazier you sound.
I talk about my love for you guys A LOT.. and basically just say "my friend Erica" "my friend Shalyn" " my friend Sabrina" and leave it at that.
Oh but wait... I just flew cross country to see a guy I'd never met OOPS and even bigger OOPS that my mom was totally ok with it... #freaky
I REALLY wish I could just surprise you all and show up : (
I say you go with option 3. just say your going to met some friends in Texas. I know yous are going to have soo much fun!!
I like #3! Ah, I can't wait to read about yalls blate & see pictures! I know you all will have SO much fun!!
That is so exciting! I love how close all you girls are. :)
this is so exciting!! I've met 2 bloggy people so far and they have indeed been "real" and not 50 year old sketchy men...which is what my bf told me they were gonna be haha. You are going to have so much fun!! I'd say just casually mention it to your parents.
i'm close with my mom, but she did not know about my blogger meet-up until like 2 days before. i thought she read my blog, but apparently she doesn't (unless it's her birthday to make sure i did a nice shout out). she was cool with it though. i mean i traveled to KY to have a weekend rendevous that i had only seen one other weekend. and she thought that was "cool" so i didn't think she would mind this sitch. just tell your parents...they may not understand, but they know you're a big girl.
HAVE FUN! cna't wait to hear all about it!
how fun!! i think i would go with option #3...that sounds the most logical. ha!
I met a guy online when I was 18 and he traveled all the way from israel to come meet me (in new orleans). He stayed with us for a month and then flew back. A few weeks later I flew to israel by myself to see him and meet his family and from there he and I traveled to Turkey for a week. It was definitely very exciting and fun. If i were you i would just be straight w/ your parents. They would rather know where you are and that your safe. Have fun and be careful :)
Xo
Pretty sure neither bloggers will kill you! I go with option #3! I've met people online before & really not a big deal. Have fun & take pictures!!!!!
I would just say you're going to visit your friends - the end. If they want more information than that just roll your eyes and tell them that if Ariel could roam the seas at 16, surely you can fly to Texas at 23. Because a Little Mermaid reference would be totally appropriate - when is it not?
Just act casual when you tell them. If you're super worried, you can always say these are 'old college friends' or 'girls you met at summer camp'. Haha! I would just be like "Oh yeah, no big deal, here's the sitch" chances are they will follow your lead.
ummmmm im sort of jealous. a little.
ok i cant lie to you. a lot.
but so fun i cant wait to stalk yalls pictures!! send me one? and a video?
i would just tell your momma the truth. and probably run. so probably wear go running shoes when you do. and make sure they are tied tight.
hehe i think its GREAT, if you dont blog, you just dont understand :)
Option 3. If she asks, give her their blog addresses and tell her they're legit.
You knoowwww...Austin's not too far away from lil ol' me (2hrs!)! What dates are you going?!
I like option 1 and 3. Maybe just go and then when you get back from an amazing weekend tell them you'd never met.
WOW...so jelly over herre! We def have to schedule a blogger meet-up...I'm trying think how far I am from you now! I hope you ladies have a super time and take lots of pics! I'd tell your parents the truth, but explain how much you guys talk and have gotten to know each other.
Option 3!
I like option 3 myself. Hope you have a fun trip. Kara XOXO
Ahhh lucky girl! I am so jealous. I want to meet blog friends! After all, I like them better than my real friends! haha I would go with option #1. My friend in high school left his mom and a note saying "went to the grocery store be back in 30" and really went on Spring Break with us for a week. Opps. She got over it :) haha Have so much fun!!
can i tell you that i am 9,000 SHADES of jelly! lola and a resulting $720 service bill and thus the birth of pippa for my inability to join :(
MUST MEET ya'll soon!
i think you should show your mom the teenage dream video....and then say "cool huh"...i'm going to meet two of the girls in there...oh, and the dancing guy!
I got a lot of crazy looks when I told people I was staying with a blog friend (Megan Mackey!) My mom was actually the most understanding because she reads my blog, and she has seen Megan's, too....maybe if she freaks out, show her their blogs so she can see they aren't creepsters?
haha omg so cute :) i def want to meet up with a blogger someday! xo
Okay what the heck? I swear I posted on this post today and it's nowhere to be found? Poo on you blogger!
Anyway, I think you should just tell your Mom :) Tell her to call me and I will reassure her that you are coming to visit a Texas Angel! ;) JK. But seriously. I don't mind talking to her on the phone :) Muahhahahaw. Or I guess you can just tell her you're going to visit friends :) And then tell her when you get back. I already told my Mom and you know what her response was?
"CAN I COME TOO!?"
I am so super excited, you have no idea. I can't wait to come visit you in Boston too! :)
Love you toots! You're amazing!
Don't worry, I'm 32 and my parents would still freak out! I'm still a bit intimidated by them too. I say just tell them the truth and hope for the best! How exciting, I'd love to meet up with some of my bloggy friends!!!
yay. that's so exciting. so fun. can't wait to see all the pictures. I've got a new outfit post. would love to hear what you think. thanks love. xoxo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Yay Yay Yay!!! You're gonna have a blast here! Just tell your mom you're going to see friends and leave it at that. You're not lying because they are your friends and you already know so much about them. :)
PS. I'd really love to meet you guys! Houston's only a 2hr drive from Austin, so just let me know the details. Aww Yay I'm so excited you're coming!!
Haha yesss! I am well into my twenties and I still text my mom to let her know when I get to where I am going and tell her any time I'm going out of town somewhere. She kinda freaks if I forget! Moms always worry! :o)
I'm jealous of your BLATE! That is going to be awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!
XOOXOXO
You should just wait until you get back and then show her all of the awesome pictures that we take :) haha
I cannot WAIT!
Sabrina Says
This made me LOL! Especially option #1. Hilarious!! I like that one!!
Cannot wait to seeee youuuuuu!!!
I say just tell her!! My husband and parents were a little weirded out by Michaela coming to stay with me, but once I explained it to them, they basically understood.
I'm so so jealous!! Y'all could come see me over in Louisiana!!
Post a Comment