PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.27.2013

Instagram what the F?!

I have to begin this post with some good news. I am pretty sure my post yesterday where I talked about the dress I've been praying goes on sale, gave me good luck. I went on their website yesterday and it was half off. HALF EFFING OFF. White House/Black Market you rock.


I must have took my credit card out of my bag in about .000009 seconds and ordered it immediately. EEE! It's currently on it's way to my doorstop! Can I get a what what?

Just a quick little post here for you guys because sometimes I just don't understand Instagram. I was perusing my insta feed, like I do once every 20 minutes, and saw someone post a picture that looked way too good for a phone pic. Someone commented something along the lines of "awesome pic what filter is that!?" The person actually said it was a photo taken with their big DSLR camera.

Say whaaaa? I could be completely dumb and not know this, but are people really taking pictures on their big cameras, running to their computer to put the picture on it, emailing it to themselves, and then instagramming it!? That seems like WAY too much work! I can understand if someone has a a DSLR pic already saved on their phone and such, but really though, do people do that? Is that a thing? It's so easy to just snap-a-roo on your phone and that's that!

Meanwhile I'm just trying to find the most flattering filter. We know we all do it ;-)

(clearly!...)

And one other thing...

Who are those 12 year old boys on the popular page and why do they have girls commenting things like "OMG I want to kiss your plump boy lips with raspberry lipgloss" (I actually saw that once)!

I'm also loving the new insta video update.
It's awesome to see and hear people do things rather than just a still photo!
Have you done a video yet?!

Happy Thursday! :-)
2 more days until the weekend...we can do it!

Photobucket

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That made me laugh so hard in my office! I don't even understand Instagram...I don't have it and I don't know if I want it!

Anonymous said...

SO happy you bought that dress! ON SALE! woohoo EVEN better!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yay for being able to buy the dress! I love when that happens :D
Instagram cracks me up! There are a lot of weird teeny bopper comments on there. I haven't done a video yet because a) I haven't been drunk enough and b) I don't have anything fun to video ha ha!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

HAHAHA can not stop laughing over the "plump boy lips" comment!

Carolyn said...

OMG! The popular page. SO RANDOM!!!!! YAY for the dress! So glad it went on sale for you!

As for Instagram - I've been guilty of uploading a "real camera" pic, but like you said, it was saved on my phone. And it's more for "Happy Father's Day" or other posts like that. Some people are WEIRD about Insta though. HAHA!

Melissa said...

Um, YES, that is a real thing people do! I have seen it happen in my own home. We take photos before a concert and someone borrowed my computer to upload, email, and Instagram. WEIRD.

Haley said...

Erica I am so on your side with this. I wrote a post about people taking pics with their nice cameras and then uploading them to instgram too. Its supposed to be an instant picture. Not en edited picture you took last week....

The Southern Thing said...

Yay for your new dress!! And I often wonder the same thing. I often see way too many great photos on Instagram and think there's no way that's a simple iPhone, or whatever it may be, picture.

Lindsay said...

Ahh I love shopping te sale section of WHBM! It's the only time I'll shop there haha. I haven't decided how I feel about Instagram videos yet - I do like to hear people though. It's always funny when people don't sound the way you think they're going to. Or am I the only weirdo who thinks things like that?!

Lindsay said...

Oh and not that I even have a DSLR, but really people? My trusty iPhone is enough haha

Anonymous said...

so glad you got the dress!!!!

The Pink Growl said...

hell yes for a good sale! I love that IG ecard - so true!

Anonymous said...

That one little boy that's always on the popular page and he furrows his eye brows like Beiber, except he does in in every single 9,186,457,431 picture he has taken. Why the HELL is that "popular"?

Jamie said...

Ok, I read somewhere that people take DSLR selfies, upload to the computer, edit the pic with photoshop, and THEN load it onto IG so they look perfectly perfect. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Katie said...

EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to the popular page I think of you scrolling it and laughing hahaahhaah not kidding.

Whitney Ellen said...

How do we become insta-famous? I feel we could be the drunkards next to the teenage boys.

julia rose. said...

i love the new instavid because i get to actually see you rap in personnnn on the reg!! and it's amazing.

ps- that dress?? hello hottie!

CheapRunnerMichelle said...

I just started using IG not too long ago - just when I think I've caught on...they go and update it...time to catch myself up to speed...

Anonymous said...

You can also plug your camera into your ipad, and maybe iphone (I haven't checked) with the ipad camera connection kit, and save them to your pad and then upload from there.

MaviDeniz said...

I'm not gonna lie. I'm guilty of taking DSLR photos and then hooking up my phone to the computer so that I can upload the pic directly on their for instagram hehe. Only for the important shots of course ha. Oooh and what I really can't stand on Instagram is the non stop spamming like LB LB LB, Top Row, Comment for comment. like seriously? get a life, it's not that serious.

Xo

Lauren said...

Love the deal you got and omg I always think the same thing when people upload fancy pics to IG! Why?! Have a great weekend xo