PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.19.2013

Stop wishing and just DO IT

I was chatting with a friend the other night who was telling me about how his friend owns a bar. The concept of the bar was cool and it had me expressing how I wished something like that existed in Boston. He said “open one!” Immediately I said, “yeah right!”

It got me thinking about how I am so quick to shrug off insane ideas, like opening a bar or traveling the world. There are so many places I want to see and things I want to do in life, but I admit I am a creature of habit sometimes and only do what’s comfortable! I make excuses for myself: “I cant take that many days off work.” “What if I hate this?” “What if I FAIL!!!”

When I think about some of the random things I want to try and do, they don’t seem all that hard to accomplish. It’s just a matter of mind and attitude to just effing DO IT...even if I think they're impossible. I immediately think of two things that I've been like, hmmm, I wish I could do this one day.
Play a round of golf in every state.


This has something that has always captivated me, though it’s nothing too exciting for some! I golfed at a gorgeous course in Florida a long time ago and it made me appreciate the beauty and design of different courses. Plus, I am pretty convinced that golfing at a course in the middle of the Arizona desert or overlooking a mountain in Colorado would be pretty stellar.

Find a random location on Google Maps and go there. 

I’ve actually had this picture saved for so long, as a place I found that I just want to go see in person.

It's kind of a random spot, but one day I was creeping through the tippy tip of Italy and found this gorgeous street. A quaint, colorful town overlooking this beautiful vast greenery with the ocean and mountains. I was blown away by how peaceful it looked as well as how vibrant it looked. Needless to say, I want to just GO there and soak it up. Why not? How cool would it be to one day just put a pic of me in a Fedora eating Gelato next to this screen capture photo? :)

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Ain't that the truth?!

Is there anything you've ever wanted to do but second guessed yourself? Happy Hump Day!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Erin said...

This is so true! I once said that about designing blogs and then I was like uh wait a second...I can actually do that if I actually just freaking try. And then I did!

Plus I'd obviously come give your bar plenty of business.

Carolyn said...

I love this! :) I think you should do both of them!! :)

KRISTIN said...

YAY! I love it! Definitely come golf in Minnesota! I will take you to the best courses...I'll drive the cart and drink and you can golf! :)

Sam said...

What an awesome post! Can't wait to see the picture of you in Italy! This post pretty much sums up why I never say no to a concert or a weekend trip or whatever... You gotta do the stuff that's fun and makes you happy!

Alisha said...

Great minds think alike!! I've got a similar post on the blog today.

Come to Texas and teach me to golf. Pretty please!! Then we can golf on some of the best courses here!

Brandon loves to golf, and I've been thinking well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? Ha!

Brittany said...

I love the golf in every state thing. My goal is to visit every state but I like how you added a little extra there.

A said...

When I was 18 my boyfriend and I spent two months backpacking in Europe. So many of our friends and old classmates said "Ooohhh, I wish I could do that!" as if someone had just handed the opportunity to us. No...we spent our own hard-earned money, sacrificed 8 weeks of work/pay when we knew we could, planned 90% of the entire trip several months ahead of time, camped because hostels were so much more costly, and kept our food/sight-seeing expenses to a minimum. Thank you for writing this post :)

The Southern Thing said...

I seriously tell myself this all the time! I think we should all live our lives like this every once in a while!

K said...

I literally JUST had this conversation with my husband! I know I won't change overnight, but I'm going to try to DO more. Hope you do too!

JBean said...

I'm actually struggling with this right now. I was laid off from my job a few months ago and kind of feel like this is MY time when I have the freedom to really go after my wildest craziest dreams! You only have one life and I think that saying about you'll never regret the things you did only the ones you didn't do will wind up being absolutely true!

R's Rue said...

Love the golf course in each state!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Kiersten said...

There are so many things I've second guessed myself on wanting to do. Moving to San Fran after college and spending a year travelling are the two I think about most often, though.
<3 Kiersten

Ashley said...

love this post! i have secretly always wanted to act or play piano again...or sing.... i think at this point i may just be easier to become a real housewife of atlanta :)

speaking of....you should totally do that golf thing - and start in Georgia..Atlanta to be specific!