PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.28.2013

Color, Cut, Clarity What?!

I was listening to Rick Ross at the gym the other night, specifically this song, where one of the first lines says "Color, Cut, Clarity." Ya know, the diamond ring stuff :-) Gave me the perfect song for linking up with Whit-teezy!


It got me thinking. For being a girl AND for listening to lots of rap where they rap about diamonds and carats and clarity, I don't know a damn effing thing about color, cut, clarity, carat, stones, bands this that the whole shebang.

I bet these sexual beings could give me a tip or two??

BUT...apparently Kurt does! I started talking about it all and he was pretty surprised that I knew nothing, and even more surprised he knew more. He even told me about this website where you design your own ring and it explains everything about the setting, the cuts, the carats. Except "he's never been on the site before, he just knows about it."---direct quote.

Uh huh, okay Kurt...you ain't foolin' this bish

I think real life bling looks pretty good on me, wouldn't ya say?

Katie and I!! And I'm sporting Stephs gorgeous ring with my heinous chipped nailpolish!

Really though, how do you girls learn about all of this? Should I be reading something? I don't know ANYTHING about setting a stone or what carat I want. However, I have ultimately decided the style ring I want...and that my friends, is a Round Brilliant Cut.

Perfection!!

I actually used to just call it a circle or round stone, but now that I've educated myself a little more, I sound more professional when I say Round Brilliant Cut! Boo-Ya! #I_suck_as_a_girl.

I have to tell Kurt that if I can't get a diamond ring anytime soon, I'd be okay with him getting me Rick Ross' diamond chain of his face. Minus the man-boobs. Actually I'll take those too as I'm lacking!


Happy Friday and Happy Weekend my loves!
Link up with WHitney for Back Dat Azz up Friday!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about color, cut, clarity, etc. either. BUT I do have the ring I want picked out :D

Haley said...

If you go to Jareds they have a diamond 101 class and will literally walk you through everything you need to know about clarity cut and everything else there is to know

The Pink Growl said...

Girl you need that Rick Ross chain - SO you! :)

Elizabeth McMullen said...

I didn't have a ring picked out when my BF proposed, but the one he chose I fell in love with! Good thing he didn't pick an ugly ring! lol

Carolyn said...

I didn't know anything about diamonds either! HAHA All I knew was I wanted a shiny princess cut (square). Jake did the rest! :) Kurt will do good!!

CheapRunnerMichelle said...

lol...I don't think you want those moobs...I think a good padded bra would look better than those things...

Brittany said...

Haha this is hilarious!! Does all fot hat really matter? I just want it to look pretty :)

KRISTIN said...

I was diamond OBSESSED! I definitely researched online, which truthfully was pretty pointless since Jason surprised the shit out of me by picking out and buying the ring on his own! Sounds like Kurt Rod knows what he's doing...NOW HE JUST NEEDS TO DO IT! :)

Raquel said...

Omg i don't know A THING about cuts or any of that either! My boyfriend knows like everything there is to know about it and idk how he knows but I don't, since i'm the girl and guys are supposed to be clueless when it comes to those things haha!

I am, however, pretty set on the princess cut :) That's about the only one I know and it's the freaking best one!

P!nky said...

Ummmmmmm girl, that ring picture is pretty much MY RING! SO beautiful!!!

cant wait to hear when you get your ring a ding ding.