Hi friends! Long time no chat, right?
I wish I could tell you all this awesome stuff that's happened but alas, my weekend wasn't too exciting. Actually, it kind of was to me haha! This may sound selfish and bratty, but this past weekend (starting on Thursday), I had our ENTIRE apartment to myself from Thursday-Sunday. Kurt had some extra vacation days to use so he went home to visit his fam in New Jersey. Before he left though, we put together his brother's 21st birthday gift. Solid gift, right? 21 nippies (the bottle kind).
Having alone time was seriously needed. Of course I missed my Kurty bear, but do you ever feel like you just need some time to yourself once in a while!? I used it as a weekend to literally sit around like the most disgusting sloth you can ever imagine. I cooked things I normally wouldn't because Kurt has the appetite of a 3 year old sometimes, I painted my nails, I went shopping for useless shit, cried like a blubbering baby beluga over Lifetime movies, you know.
However, I am proud to admit I worked out this weekend despite my lazy time. On Saturday I went to my first Pure Barre class on Newbury Street in Boston! Holy moly, I found muscles I never knew existed! I was blown away by how effective it was and how awesome I felt afterwards. This was Saturday; it's now Tuesday and my ass still feels like it went around the block a time or two.
All in all, I absolutely loved it. I read many reviews and blog posts on it beforehand and went in there thinking it was going to be a bunch of Lululemon clad beautiful girls who could twist their bodies into ways that would make 50 cent whip out his magic stick. While it was all of that, I felt completely comfortable and the instructor made sure I was feeling the moves in all the right areas! I especially loved working out to the upbeat music---definitely made me push myself harder. Next time, I need to invest in grippy socks.
After class, I walked around Boston for a little while enjoying the goooorgeous day! It happened to be Boston Pride day and there was a parade. A man dressed in a sequin skirt and bathing suit top meowed at me which pretty much made my day. It's always great seeing your own city supporting Pride :-)
By the time Sunday rolled around, I was excited to see Kurt! I surprised him by making one of his favorites...pulled pork in the slow cooker--MM MM MM! :-) To say it was delish is an understatement!
Do you ever need or enjoy alone time?
Hope your Tuesday is fantastic my friends!









17 comments:
That is a BOMB 21st b-day gift! I LOVE my weekends without Jason. I mean, of course I love him and miss him, but having the house to yourself for a few days is so needed sometimes. EVERY time he is gone and I mean every time I have chips, salsa and a whole lotta wine for dinner...and usually a Oreo McFlurry too. :)
I LOVE that birthday present! :) So perfect! And I also love weekends home alone! Definitely not selfish! :)
Pure Barre is a CRAZY work out! I loved it when I tried it!
I've always wanted to try pure barre! I've heard it's amazing!
My hubby plays vball on Tuesday nights - and I always look forward to having a little alone time - watch shows that he doesn't like, eat food he doesn't like etc
I love having the house to myself once in awhile. It's so relaxing and I feel free to do whatever I want, and leave stuff on the counters for as long as I want and such!
I wish there was a Pure Barre class aroun me because I have hear so many good things!
I know what you mean about alone time. I typically just lounge around all day in my underwear, stuffing my face while reading blogs or something.
Also, I have been trying to think of a fitness class to take and that looks perfect! Thanks for the advice about grippy socks.
That is the coolest 21st birthday present ever! And expensive! I sent a couple of minis to one of Stones teammates girlfriends a while back for her 21st and it all adds up! I got to the register and was like wwwwwwwait? Anyways, happy you got to recharge but really this post just makes me miss Boston because I walked the same streets as you did, same stores, same everything! You probably walked by Levis (Bri works there on Newberry Street) and the brandy Melville store was sooo fun to explore. I miss that city and YOU!!
Weekends alone once in a while are always good. Then I can do stuff that I feel is a time waster and not feel bad like I should be with my bf or something instead
Sometimes alone time is the BEST THING EVER. And that 21st birthday gift is like the bomb.edu.
Alome time is very necessary! I'm glad you enjoyed it! And that gift is badass.. totally stealing this idea!
having the house to your self is the BEST! i love it. I watch bad tv and drink and eat bad food. it's the best.
I've only been married for almost a year and I love me some alone time! It's good to miss someone!
Alone time is amazing.
That bar thing looks interesting. It's like a classy fucking work out.
XO,
Samm
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com
Sometimes you just need some time to yourself! Glad you had such a great weekend.
I remember I was dreading the weekend my husband (then fiance) went away for his Bachelor party. But...while it sucked to go to bed alone all weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I hung out with my girlfriends. Had some pool time. Did whatever I wanted. It was nice to have the time to do what I wanted without thinking that it was taking away from time for US.
Haha- awesome 21st bday gift!! I got a few hours to myself last night and it was AWESOME haha!
"The appetitie of a 3 year old"... Kurt and I have that in common :)
i've had alone time for the past 75 years but, I agree...sometimes I need alone time from myself. haha just kidding. BUUUTTT this sounds like the best weekend ever. AND you tried pure barree!!!! It's awesome right!
Post a Comment