Some of you may or may not know this, but I am a roller coaster enthusiast. Kurt is as well!
But perhaps I should back up a minute—to that time in Disney World with my family when I was in 5th grade.
Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM had opened recently, and my younger sister and dad were just ITCHING to ride it. I, on the other hand, was not. Long story short, my dad is the type to literally drag his kid on a ride even if they are kicking and screaming. He wasn’t raising no wimpy daughters that’s for sure! I was riding that ride whether I wanted to or not.
And I am SO SO happy I did, because from then on, no coaster was stopping me from getting on it!
Which brings me to this post, and my first link-up for Travel Tuesdays!!
I’ve blogged about it before, but hell, it’s spring and that means amusement parks are opening.
One of my favorite road trips was when we went to the “RollerCoaster Capital Of The World!”
I took these from the massive ferris wheel!
That place is like heaven for roller coaster lovers.
So what did we do? We changed it last second to the weekend before I started my new job and high-tailed 10 hours to Ohio to breathe in the glorious smell of wooden, steel and inverted coasters. It was the perfect way to end the summer before the new job!
Cedar Point has to be my absolute favorite amusement park in the world. Well, DisneyWorld comes first actually, but for roller coasters? Cedar takes the cake. It has some of the tallest and fastest coasters in the world, and no matter how many times we rode them, I still almost shit my pants every time with excitement and jitters!
Take this one for example. It's called Top Thrill Dragster--aka, the second tallest and third fastest roller coaster IN ZEE WORLD! It's just a bit shorter than the tallest in the world, Kingda Ka at Six Flags New Jersey....also a FANTASTIC ride!!
Here's how it goes down!
It launches you at 120 miles per hour, 420 feet up, and then 420 feet down
INSANITY. But so so worth it!
This trip was such a blast because it was a complete new park to me!
Kurt had been years ago with his family, but hadn't been on a bunch of the newer rides
It was so much fun to experience it together, and freak out over the amount of coasters at our fingers
Plus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's right on Lake Eerie and it just so picturesque
Plus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's right on Lake Eerie and it just so picturesque
As a little souvie, I had to buy this shirt...because why not!? :-)
Link up for Travel Tuesdays!
This was so much fun to re-cap!

Do you like roller coasters?
What's your favorite amusement park!
Happy Tuesday!







18 comments:
Cedar Point is so fun :) I grew up about 2 hour away from the park! I haven't been in years, but we planned a trip for this summer, so pumped!
Oh my, I have butterflies in my stomach just from looking at the pictures! Eeeek. I think the older I get, the more of a wuss I become!
thanks so much for linking up!!! love your blog! and i am NOT a roller coaster enthusiast but these pictures are great! I live in Dallas to 6 flags is around the corner!
Amazing pictures of the roller coasters! Looks like so much fun although some of those coasters looks crazy scary!!
Love this! I used to LOVE roller coasters, but as I'm getting older, I get sick more easily. :( Breaks my heart!
I've only ever ridden roller coasters for one day...and now I don't think I could ever go back!! My friends keep insisting that I will learn to love them, but I'm having a hard time believing that =)
Oh my god this is my favorite place ever toooooo!!! I went years ago when they first opened the dragster and it wasn't working right so it kept going up to the hump and not making it over and falling back down. I of course went on it anyway. Best park ever! I must go back.
Your pictures are incredible yet terrifying at the same time, because I have to admit I am quite scared of roller coasters!
My Travel Tuesday Post
Jess
I wish I wasn't such a pansy and could do roller coasters... I've done a few and I straight up have anxiety about it. I can do all of it except for the drop... That's what kills me :/
once i find a job, i think we need to meet in disney world. or halfway at busch gardens omg
I'm so not a roller coaster girl; even though I wish I was! As an Ohioan- when I tell people I hate roller coasters, they think I'm crazy since Cedar Point is so close!
These photos are beautiful! You are too gorgeous. I am definitely NOT a roller coaster person. I even left Nick at the last second right before RockinRoller Coaster on our honeymoon! hah. Oops.
I have goosebumps just thinking about all those fast roller coasters. I must visit this coaster heaven. It looks incredible.
God you guys have the best roller coasters!
I watched my friend get stuck trying to go up Kingda Ka. Never would you catch me on that.
I LOVE Cedar Point! I used to try to go once a year but I haven't been in a few years. I live right between Cedar Point & Kings Island, but Cedar Point definitely wins in my book!
i would have died. i can handle about 1.5 roller coasters until i want to vomit the past week of food! you are troopers.
Cedar Point is my favorite! So, maybe I'm a little biased cause I'm from Cleveland - but it's seriously a blast. I can't wait to get there this year & try out their newest ride, The Gatekeeper!
Post a Comment