PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.03.2013

True Life: I'm a bad girl

I don't mean bad girl like Vanessa Hudgens with her new song about SEX
Really though, have you heard it!? Bye Bye High School Musical 
Anyway!

The other day I found myself watching YouTube video after YouTube video of this girl applying eyeshadow with her Naked palette. I am ashamed to admit that since getting that palette from Santa, I still have yet to properly learn how to use it!

I kind of just smear it on with an eyeshadow brush and pray to the makeup Gods it looks half decent.

It got me thinking though...
I am such a bad girl!!!
Here's why...

I can't properly blow-dry my hair

This is serious. I have round brushes, combs, regular brushes
I try so hard to do the round brush thingy to make it all bouncy and full
F is for FAIL!
I actually did it kind of correct once, and then Kurt and I went to dinner and it rained.
I have resorted to just air blowing it until it looks like a nest, then I straighten it all prettyful

I don't really know how to put makeup on 1000% correctly
 The Sephora Gods did this
These two lovebirds did my makeup this night!
Again, I wish I knew how to do it to give myself different looks!
I know the basics, but can I do my own smokey eye? HAAYYLLLL No!

And to keep the makeup theme...don't kill me girls.
I've washed my makeup brushes maybe 5 times in my life

A) I am wicked lazy!
B) I don't know the proper routine?
C) I'm still alive aren't I? I don't have random limbs growing from my face
D) Convince me?!

I've never gotten fit properly for a bra

Listen..I'm not bouncing around the block with double D's
So I can kind of...guess...what size I might be?
So I buy it, and then get home and BOOM..it's not right!
I'm secretly nervous for the Victoria Secret lady to see me naked
Does that happen? Do you get naked to get bra fitted?

I don't really like coffee!

I guess this more or less just makes me a bad human
All my friends like to "go out for coffee"
And there I am, either not going...or drinking tea...which ain't so bad!
At least I don't have a horrible addiction that I turn into a wild baboon if I don't drink one!

So spill it!
Does anything make you a bad girl?

Or guys...if you're reading? Which you're not....
But if you are....are you bad at anything?
Can you hold your own wee wee to use the bathroom?

Photobucket

19 comments:

KRISTIN said...

This makes me SO happy! You have cleaned your make up brushes 5 times more than I have! :)

Kelly B. said...

hahaha... I just did a post like this.. not sure if you saw it. I could've also added "smokey eye" and anything that involves trying to make my hair look presentable DURING the blow dry. Nope. The before and after is frightening. I should take a picture sometime..it may even be wilder than yours. haha.

Whitney Ellen said...

Pretty sure we were separated at birth.
Well, except the eyeshadow part. I'm mildly obsessed with doing eyeshadow. My brushes, however? Nahhh, never been cleaned. Sounds boring.

P!nky said...

OH GIRL, nawwwwwwwwwdy, clean your brushes :)!

You don't get neeeekid at VS, they just measure you with your current bra on or even with a shirt. nbd

Anonymous said...

Hey Gurl! You are too funny!
Go to my post http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com/2013/03/so-fresh-and-so-clean.html
it shows you the easiest way to clean your brushes. It takes 2 minutes.
XOXO,
Tori G

Brittany said...

This is so funny!! I have no idea how to do make up either. I usually just throw on some eye shadow and mascara and call it good. but I have been experimenting.

And no they don't need to see your girls they can measure you with your shirt on :)

K said...

You totally needed to get fitted for a bra. I was buying a size down from what I should have been. Saved my life. They just do it over your shirt, but they can come look to see how something fits if you want them to. I don't.

As for sucking at being a girl...I also can not:
* blow dry my hair
* curl it so it looks good more than 5% of the time
* do a smokey eye (I fake my way through)
* paint my nails without messing at least one up
* wear heels on a regular basis. hate it.

Carolyn said...

We're like the same person! :) Totally guilty of all of these. Except the bra fitting. I have done that. And no you don't need to get naked. :)

Anonymous said...

Guilty...
*I have never had a bra fitting
*Nor do I know how to put make up on
*I get my hair done like twice, maybe three times a year...(I know, super bad)
*I don't wash my face with proper face wash, I use soap and water...but I do moisturize (does that count)?
*I have one hair style, down and straight. I can't master the curled hair look for the life of me.

Jen said...

I can't wear heals. Can. NOT walk in them. I've always said this makes me bad at being a girl! oh, and my fashion sense/style is totally lacking too..

Maggie said...

This is hilariousness! I agree on every single one except for coffee and Bra fittings (You don't have to get naked).
I am a bad girl because I can't walk in heels and I am messy and unorganized.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Washed my makeup brushes once, once I tell you and they were ruined. They were all wadded up and junk. From that point on there were destined to never be cleaned again.

I mean, essentially you are cleaning them every day... you put the brush in the eye shadow color, then wipe the brush off on your eyelid. Ta Da, clean!

Haley said...

Cornica, getting fitted for a bra is seriously on my to do list for Saturday. Wanna come? Haha...

Jennifer said...

I am the same way with my hair! I have no clue how those people get it all straight and pretty when they blow it out. It's so fluffy when I'm done, I have to flat iron it.

Amber Dominguez said...

I just use dish soap to clean my brushes then leave them out to air dry. Is that bad? Who the hell knows, but it works for me!

Vicki said...

I'm guilty of all of these as well. I have been fitted for a bra though. It's good to know I'm not the only one!

Heather said...

If you need to get fitted for a bra, I recommed getting it done at somewhere like Macy's or Belk instead of Victoria's Secret. In my experience the women who work at VS are really young, haven't been sizing women for bras very long, and always try to talk me into a push-up bra when I don't want one! Macy's usually has a nice old lady who's been selling lingerie for like 60 years.

Ashley said...

this is one of my most favorite posts ever!

you should totallllly go for a bra fitting at VS because they definitely upsize you! i went and they measured me as a C! and honey, i am most definitely not a C but according to VS i am...I just have really big small boobs.

and the blow dry "nest" - OMG. guilty as charged. thank the loving gods above for the straightner!

and confession....i JUST started cleaning makeup brushes this year - and is the biggest pain in the ass....everrrrrr. It's easier to buy a new one...yeah, i'm THAT lazy!

Anonymous said...

Love this. I'm terrible at these things too. I can't blow dry my hair... it's so thick and it just makes it frizzier and I get all hot and frustrated. It also takes something fancy and important for me to straighten my hair most times. I'm trying to get better about it & be more "girly" but I just don't have the patience. Also, I'm the same way w/ makeup... I can do the basics but that's about it. & I don't wash my brushes either... oops!