PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.29.2013

The tale of the 29 hour hangover

Once upon a time, I went out Friday night with some girlfriends for a friends birthday celebration. It started off easy, with some yummy mexican food, but lead to a wicked classy establishment called Tequila Rain, and Erica having 4 mixed drinks, 2 birthday cake shots, 1 shot of patron (sorta) and 1 shot of Jager (sorta). Thus, leading to this catastrophe

Whassup you want a piece of this pie?

Friday night was one for the books as far as hangovers go. My hangover began at 2am and didn't leave me until about 7am Sunday morning. Y'all, it was uuugggly! I don't think I've been that bad in a long time!

We struck up a chat with some Canadians visiting Boston at the bar who had a field day with the fact it was one of our birthdays...hence the 10 trillion shots. But let me tell you a small secret....I was taking a breather and drinking some water while we took the last 2 shots. I pulled a "Oh my God look that girls a hot mess," prompting everyone to look, and me to poor my shots into my cup of water. I couldn't handle anymore!! #Pu**y but sneaky.


Saturday was spent dying a slow death while Kurt was at my beckon call. He even gave me a bell to ring when I needed things such as a warm cloth or a back rub or some sweet words of wisdom that I was in fact going to make it. Kidding about the bell part (though I needed it!!)

We relaxed for most of the day which was perfect. I downed a giant gatorade as we walked through Sports Authority because Kurt needed to return some tight little booty shorts  running compression shorts. We also went and signed up for a membership at Costco for 2 reasons. 1) Kurt loves their double chocolate muffins and 2) their food samples are OUT OF THIS DAMN WORLD.


After eating many delicious samples at Costco, I was still feeling icky so we headed back to our compound and began Season 1 of Game of Thrones. 1 word--OBSESSED.

Bed was early for me because I had to get my booty out of bed at 8 and run a 5k Sunday morning which was amazing! The sun was shining, I was with my 2 best girls, and it was for an amazing cause!

(I look like death on a stick here)

We went to the after race party and I somehow convinced myself a mimosa was a good thing to have. I mean, champagne is basically water...right?

 

We finished off our Sunday Funday with the driving range and some appetizers! I'm so excited to get back out on the links this season now that it's finally warming up. If anyone is interested in coming to Massachusetts to play golf with me I am always looking for players---so get on a plane right now and come play with me!!! I even dance on the course.






All in all, it was a perfect weekend, minus my Saturday of feeling like I got hit by the Harry Potter Knight Bus.

Kurt and I spent most of Sunday night watching Game of Thrones and figuring out where in Massachusetts we can go Live Action Role Playing (LARP-ing). I want a sword God Damnit!

I hope your weekend was fabulous! Link up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!


Photobucket

13 comments:

KRISTIN said...

Looks like a great weekend! There really is nothing worse than a brutal hangover. Glad you survived!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it out of your hangover! = ) Other than that it sounds like a great week!

Carolyn said...

What a fun weekend! Minus the hangover! YUCK! I don't miss those! :)

I do LOVE that drunkie picture of you though. So dang silly! :)

Stephanie said...

29 hour hangover??? Oh my lord....I do NOT wish that on my worst enemy...and definitely not you my dear! Glad you're feeling better and I am uber jealous of your Costco membership. I've never even BEEN in one but I hear they're amazing!! I should probably pay that place a visit.

Oh-and to answer your questions...Yes. Yes I do want a piece of that pie. ;)

LOVE YOUR FACE!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, you poor girl...any hangover is brutal, nevermind a 29 hour one!

Anonymous said...

Ugh I am NOT jealous of your hangover! At least you had fun, though right? That's all that matters :) love that you had a mimosa after the race. I would've done the same thing :)

Whitney Ellen said...

Oh thank god, you got back on that wagon. I was really afraid this hangover was going to merit a cleanse or a break from boozing and then I was just going to feel a wave of disappointment. Alas, you never disappoint.

And yes, mimosa = water.

PPS. I would have taken your Patron shot for you. Not the Jager though. That shit is liquid death.

Christina said...

Bad hangovers are the worst and the #1 time I want a boyfriend...Kurt is a good man for taking care of you. Slap his ass later to thank him, k?! I went to Whole Foods yesterday for the men and the samples. It's a shame I couldn't sample the men though.

Katie said...

I had a mini one on Sat. but not as badly as yours my dear! I'm glad Kurt took care of you...so sweet :) miss you!!

The Pink Growl said...

Ugh hangovers. Can just delete those?

Haley said...

Larping? You're kidding, right?

ashleigh said...

ummm.. basically whitney took my comment straight outta my mouth...
and uhhh ill come play golf.. kay thanks xo

Ashley said...

hahah this is an amazing tale. i throw my shots on the floor ALL the time! i'm basically a pro.

AND you still ran a 5k after your hangover! what a champ!

oh and i've learned from my heavy drinker friends...cocount water is the best thing for a hangover - even better than gatorade. taste disgust but works so good!