Lately I've been bored at the gym. There, I said it!
Here in good old Boston, it's still hasn't hit Spring. Running outside has been sparse! So I've been looking for alternative ways to get the old bod in shape. I mean honestly...does anyone else get completely bored doing the same stuff all the time at the gym!?
A few weeks ago, I stepped out of my comfort zone and was dragged to kickboxing. Let me tell y'all, I was whimpering like a little puppy who had just got a shot up his butt. I was nervous, freaked out, worried I wasn't going to last!
HOLY HELL, ladies. It was absolutely amazing. It was cardio kickboxing, so not only did we punch and kick the bags, but did intervals of cardio. It worked out my entire body and I was sore for DAYS.
To me, when you work out and feel sore for a few days, it was a good workout. I'll be completely honest, some days I leave the gym looking like I could go straight from the gym to dinner---I don't always get all sweaty and nasty; but I wish I did! I feel like I can't push myself more at the gym because I'm just tired of the same old workouts.
As far as cardio, I need some HELP! I am anxious and excited to start running outside, but need to try some different thaaangs! I'd love to try that trampoline workout class; except not one that's run by Alexis and Jim Bellino from the Housewives. How the hayyyyll did they manage that gig?
So spill it...how do you stay energized and motivated?
What are some cardio routines you do that are a bit more exciting than the gym?
Happy Hump Day!---there's always humping for exercising...tee hee!








6 comments:
There is a skyrobics class in Hyde Park right off the highway. We should go!
I love taking classes. I sometimes have a hard time getting a good all around work out, but instructors are always pushing me! They never let you slack, do they?
Have you been going to Zumba woman? I get soooo bored in the winter with cardio indoors. Come visit me in TN anytime for a lovely outdoor run these days! I love TRX training too, I know Ms. Katie knows about that!
I love to do TurboKick! It is a mix of Kickboxing and Zumba! Super fun!
I used to go to the gym and only do the treadmill/bike routine. But, seriously there is so much more... it's just kind of scary to start. I'm now on a rotation of cardio everyday and then I work on certain areas (arms/back, legs, abs/butt). I'm only brave enough to do it all because my fiance knows his way around the gym and what workouts need to be done! Doing a full body workout routine is definitely worth it and keeps things both interesting and slightly painful!
I've always wanted to try kick boxing!!
Post a Comment